Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 46

Thread: Gilgad's Combat Mechanics Guide!

  1. #31
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Waiting for cushseth to rep me.
    Posts
    1,994

    Default

    btw NOMINATION FOR STICKY!!!


    Quote Originally Posted by cushseth View Post
    I don't care if your bad. But don't teach other people your badness.
    Quote Originally Posted by WiiTard View Post
    This little pony just remortgaged for more war ports.

  2. #32

    Default

    nice guild i like it a lot

  3. #33
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    In no Time Zone
    Posts
    177

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Thalric View Post
    Very good guide! Has got to be in my top 5!
    However, some of the terminology was strange to me.
    Thank you for responding!, based on your response, I can't really improve on how my terminology can be more sophisticated for a regular environment, could you perhaps add more to your comment? If anything, I would like to keep adding things and improving my gude!

    Quote Originally Posted by tipperary1 View Post
    btw NOMINATION FOR STICKY!!!
    Whats a sticky o.o?

    Quote Originally Posted by OhOkay View Post
    nice guild i like it a lot
    Thank you! Anything I could do to make it better? Any suggestions that you could tell me to maybe think about adding?
    In game name: Gilgad


  4. #34

    Default

    a sticky is when a mod adds a "sticky" to the thread, which keeps it at the top of the page.

    Sig by: Morgan
    Evony Terms

  5. #35

    Default

    All in all a superb guide. as a fresher, it was very useful for me. well deserved appreciation from my end.

    "A Close Range has: No Traps, No Abatis, No Defensive Trebs and No Catapults. A Close Range Defence MUST have at least ONE Catapult (Please note, the catapult, archer or ballista can be on either side, attacking or defending, just so long as there is one in a battle). It has 1600 Yards."

    I was a bit confused in this particular attack, here whether you need the catapults or you don't need them? it was in part 2 of the guide where you talk about "recap".

    Thanks again for a job well done.
    Cheers.

  6. #36

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tipperary1 View Post
    btw NOMINATION FOR STICKY!!!
    I second that!

    Quote Originally Posted by sashD View Post
    All in all a superb guide. as a fresher, it was very useful for me. well deserved appreciation from my end.

    "A Close Range has: No Traps, No Abatis, No Defensive Trebs and No Catapults. A Close Range Defence MUST have at least ONE Catapult (Please note, the catapult, archer or ballista can be on either side, attacking or defending, just so long as there is one in a battle). It has 1600 Yards."

    I was a bit confused in this particular attack, here whether you need the catapults or you don't need them? it was in part 2 of the guide where you talk about "recap".

    Thanks again for a job well done.
    Cheers.
    ohhh good catch ... i think it was probably just a slip up in copy/paste. Gilgad could u confirm?
    Stal/Nerds
    Age1 - s152 - Rebellion/TAKEDOWN (retired)
    Age2 - CA4 - CandySto/187, 21, ReU/666/666_324 (Found Partner) (dormant)
    CoE - ClosedBeta1 - TAKEDOWN (left/got bored)
    Discipline Honor Determination

  7. #37
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    In no Time Zone
    Posts
    177

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sashD View Post
    All in all a superb guide. as a fresher, it was very useful for me. well deserved appreciation from my end.

    "A Close Range has: No Traps, No Abatis, No Defensive Trebs and No Catapults. A Close Range Defence MUST have at least ONE Catapult (Please note, the catapult, archer or ballista can be on either side, attacking or defending, just so long as there is one in a battle). It has 1600 Yards."

    I was a bit confused in this particular attack, here whether you need the catapults or you don't need them? it was in part 2 of the guide where you talk about "recap".

    Thanks again for a job well done.
    Cheers.
    Jeez thats a bit of a stuff up there, yeah must've been a typo, thanks for that. Added your name on the front page and in the guide for corrections area

    Quote Originally Posted by Stal View Post
    I second that!



    ohhh good catch ... i think it was probably just a slip up in copy/paste. Gilgad could u confirm?
    It's confirmed

    Will be adding extra bitz this sunday.
    Last edited by The Real Gilgad; 11-23-2012 at 11:39 PM.
    In game name: Gilgad


  8. #38
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    In no Time Zone
    Posts
    177

    Default

    Might I also add that i am proud to say that my google doc has recieved 22,057 views!! Thanks for the support guys!!

    (Even though more comments would be appreciated, only recieve about 13 different opinions).
    In game name: Gilgad


  9. #39

    Default

    just confirming what i already told you...probably one of the best guides on battle mechanics!

  10. #40
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Waiting for cushseth to rep me.
    Posts
    1,994

    Default

    on split damage, i dunno if you heard of it, but its called the 1% rule. its where if less than 1% of the total attack power of an attacking ranged unit is used to kill a another troop stack. itll move on to another troop stack within the same round. i have never seen tests for this however so it might be worth looking into yourself separately. but im pretty sure its correct.


    Quote Originally Posted by cushseth View Post
    I don't care if your bad. But don't teach other people your badness.
    Quote Originally Posted by WiiTard View Post
    This little pony just remortgaged for more war ports.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •