Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Gilgad's Combat Mechanics Guide!

btw NOMINATION FOR STICKY!!!

Quote Originally Posted by cushseth View Post
    I don't care if your bad. But don't teach other people your badness.
    Quote Originally Posted by WiiTard View Post
    This little pony just remortgaged for more war ports.

nice guild i like it a lot

Quote Originally Posted by Thalric View Post
    Very good guide! Has got to be in my top 5!
    However, some of the terminology was strange to me.
    Thank you for responding!, based on your response, I can't really improve on how my terminology can be more sophisticated for a regular environment, could you perhaps add more to your comment? If anything, I would like to keep adding things and improving my gude!

Quote Originally Posted by tipperary1 View Post
    Whats a sticky o.o?

Quote Originally Posted by OhOkay View Post
    nice guild i like it a lot
    Thank you! Anything I could do to make it better? Any suggestions that you could tell me to maybe think about adding?
    In game name: Gilgad

a sticky is when a mod adds a "sticky" to the thread, which keeps it at the top of the page.

Sig by: Morgan
    Evony Terms

All in all a superb guide. as a fresher, it was very useful for me. well deserved appreciation from my end.

"A Close Range has: No Traps, No Abatis, No Defensive Trebs and No Catapults. A Close Range Defence MUST have at least ONE Catapult (Please note, the catapult, archer or ballista can be on either side, attacking or defending, just so long as there is one in a battle). It has 1600 Yards."

I was a bit confused in this particular attack, here whether you need the catapults or you don't need them? it was in part 2 of the guide where you talk about "recap".

Thanks again for a job well done.
    Cheers.

Quote Originally Posted by tipperary1 View Post
    I second that!

Quote Originally Posted by sashD View Post
    All in all a superb guide. as a fresher, it was very useful for me. well deserved appreciation from my end.

"A Close Range has: No Traps, No Abatis, No Defensive Trebs and No Catapults. A Close Range Defence MUST have at least ONE Catapult (Please note, the catapult, archer or ballista can be on either side, attacking or defending, just so long as there is one in a battle). It has 1600 Yards."

I was a bit confused in this particular attack, here whether you need the catapults or you don't need them? it was in part 2 of the guide where you talk about "recap".

Cheers.
    ohhh good catch ... i think it was probably just a slip up in copy/paste. Gilgad could u confirm?
    Stal/Nerds
    Age1 - s152 - Rebellion/TAKEDOWN (retired)
    Age2 - CA4 - CandySto/187, 21, ReU/666/666_324 (Found Partner) (dormant)
    CoE - ClosedBeta1 - TAKEDOWN (left/got bored)
    Discipline Honor Determination

Quote Originally Posted by sashD View Post

Cheers.
    Jeez thats a bit of a stuff up there, yeah must've been a typo, thanks for that. Added your name on the front page and in the guide for corrections area

Quote Originally Posted by Stal View Post
    I second that!

ohhh good catch ... i think it was probably just a slip up in copy/paste. Gilgad could u confirm?
    It's confirmed

Will be adding extra bitz this sunday.
    Last edited by The Real Gilgad; 11-23-2012 at 11:39 PM.

Might I also add that i am proud to say that my google doc has recieved 22,057 views!! Thanks for the support guys!!

(Even though more comments would be appreciated, only recieve about 13 different opinions).

just confirming what i already told you...probably one of the best guides on battle mechanics!

on split damage, i dunno if you heard of it, but its called the 1% rule. its where if less than 1% of the total attack power of an attacking ranged unit is used to kill a another troop stack. itll move on to another troop stack within the same round. i have never seen tests for this however so it might be worth looking into yourself separately. but im pretty sure its correct.

Quote Originally Posted by cushseth View Post
    I don't care if your bad. But don't teach other people your badness.
    Quote Originally Posted by WiiTard View Post
    This little pony just remortgaged for more war ports.