Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Gilgad's Combat Mechanics Guide!

Quote Originally Posted by tipperary1 View Post
    on split damage, i dunno if you heard of it, but its called the 1% rule. its where if less than 1% of the total attack power of an attacking ranged unit is used to kill a another troop stack. itll move on to another troop stack within the same round. i have never seen tests for this however so it might be worth looking into yourself separately. but im pretty sure its correct.
    Although I haven't read this 1% rule anywhere, from my observations it does look somewhat correct, however I also highly doubt it as many people don't know how to correctly find the attack.

The way I showed you guys attack in my guide is incorrect, there is a lot more to it, it was just a rough analysis. When i'm on NA47, I will, I promise you, work out split damage, having screen shots to either prove that it changes every hour (the variable) or the screenshots to actually prove the percentage.

From my even latest observations, I believe that my first deduction was incorrect, that the variable changes every hour. I believe I was just raging. Although when I conducted the test, both of the hero's were the same, there were the exact same number of troops, all I did was do it an hour later, so that means something had changed there.

I will promise you this though, I WILL find it out.
    In game name: Gilgad

Just an update on how things are going.

1) 30k views guys, holy, mother, son, of, god. (According to google docs)

2) Working on an advanced battle mechanics guide, this one was more of a medium one for people that already have base knowledge of the guide.

In the advanced guide i will be going MORE in depth on attack formulae, hero's, defence strategies and why they would work, life/defence formulae and much much more!

There will also be a big secret in it

Not sure of the release date as I'm waiting for NA47 to open to begin getting screen shots and such, but if you have ANY suggestions for me to make any guides (I will write all), or anything you think I should add to any, anything of the sort, then give me a call.

3) Working on a begginers combat mechanics guide, many people have messaged me saying that they don't get the first bit about battlefield ranges when I thought it was pretty straight forward.. so i'm not particuarly sure how i'm going to make it even more basic then what it is.

4) In the advanced guide, I will be posting battle reports and such and will work them out on paper so you can see exactly how I figure things out, how I analyse battle reports, because, lets face it, when you know how to analyse a battle report efficiently, you know how to attack and defend in theory (even though you still need real practice).

5) Again, I will write any guides whether it be facebook or how to talk in wc, ill do it Also willing to do lessons over skype with either a group or 1 on 1, done this many times. If your interested, again, add me on skype:

xogilly

Thanks again for the support guys.. 30k views.. wow.. 1 and a half weeks.. shiet...

Ill catchya on NA47!

~Gil

Just an update on how things are going.

1) 30k views guys, holy, mother, son, of, god. (According to google docs)

2) Working on an advanced battle mechanics guide, this one was more of a medium one for people that already have base knowledge of the guide.

In the advanced guide i will be going MORE in depth on attack formulae, hero's, defence strategies and why they would work, life/defence formulae and much much more!

There will also be a big secret in it

Not sure of the release date as I'm waiting for NA47 to open to begin getting screen shots and such, but if you have ANY suggestions for me to make any guides (I will write all), or anything you think I should add to any, anything of the sort, then give me a call.

3) Working on a begginers combat mechanics guide, many people have messaged me saying that they don't get the first bit about battlefield ranges when I thought it was pretty straight forward.. so i'm not particuarly sure how i'm going to make it even more basic then what it is.

4) In the advanced guide, I will be posting battle reports and such and will work them out on paper so you can see exactly how I figure things out, how I analyse battle reports, because, lets face it, when you know how to analyse a battle report efficiently, you know how to attack and defend in theory (even though you still need real practice).

5) Again, I will write any guides whether it be facebook or how to talk in wc, ill do it Also willing to do lessons over skype with either a group or 1 on 1, done this many times. If your interested, again, add me on skype:

xogilly

Thanks again for the support guys.. 30k views.. wow.. 1 and a half weeks.. shiet...

Ill catchya on NA47!

~Gil

Updates:

If some of you have recently checked out the guide again (hit 52k Views btw), I had put under the close combat section:

Order of Operations

1) bla bla bla, (Testing over the next few days)

The reason I had been testing the 1st order of operation was because a good friend of mine showed me a report where the thesis of attacks the highest ranged stack was incorrect.

We further then did more testing and came to the assumption that cavalry having a 1.2 x damage boost vs archers had something to do with it, however it had not, so far we have still not figured out why this is, but this is what we have gathered so far. (The person I worked with was Blah99200)

It cannot target the highest attack because with my other screen shots already in the guide, it does not do so.

It does not target the highest ranged stack, due to the screen shot he showed.

Then came to the conclusion that 1.2x cavalry vs archer modifier came into it, but it does not.

Then came to the next deduction that both units attack had something to do with targeting, haven't tested this.

What I am thinking is that under certain circumstances a unit will target the highest ranged stack and under other circumstances it doesn't, so far I have had no luck in figuring it out.

Am currently working on my advanced combat mechanics guide and my begginers combat mechanics guide.

To my amazment I am having trouble with the begginers one more then the advanced one because I don't know how to make it more simple than the "Intermediate" one (the one I have released).

If anyone has any feedback or any reports they would like to show me, please feel free to do so, you know how to contact me.

~Gil

Try your testing with smaller stacks. Leadership penalty is affecting the targeting in your 10k cav vs 300k warr, 100k pike, 100k sword, 100k arch report you have in your guide. The 300k stack is penalized to the point the arch has the highest cumulative attack.

Quote Originally Posted by NA12ChupaCabra View Post
    Try your testing with smaller stacks. Leadership penalty is affecting the targeting in your 10k cav vs 300k warr, 100k pike, 100k sword, 100k arch report you have in your guide. The 300k stack is penalized to the point the arch has the highest cumulative attack.
    Yeah I noticed that now as about 90% of my screen shots already in my guide are from about 8-15 months ago, at the moment I am definantly using smaller numbers, like 100 etc.