Thread: Roots

Default Roots

So inspired by comments made by ssfgrgawer on the End of the World thread I thought it would be interesting to start another one on members ancestry.

My fathers side produces nothing of note but my mothers side hales back to the French revolution when many aristocratic families fled to England to escape the guilotine. She is a far removed decendent of one of these families..sadly searching for any associated wealth or jewels has been fruitless.

Anyone out there have any personal interesting historic stories they want to share?

Psychic regression does not count.

*to do ...think of something funny and clever as a signature.

Quote Originally Posted by earlofspark View Post
    So inspired by comments made by ssfgrgawer on the End of the World thread I thought it would be interesting to start another one on members ancestry.

My fathers side produces nothing of note but my mothers side hales back to the French revolution when many aristocratic families fled to England to escape the guilotine. She is a far removed decendent of one of these families..sadly searching for any associated wealth or jewels has been fruitless.

Anyone out there have any personal interesting historic stories they want to share?

Psychic regression does not count.
    ive no idea of my roots beyond my great grandparents and i dont want to know lol

you seen that show, cant remember its' name but it has to do with celebrities finding out their ancestry. usually they find out their greatX5 aunt was a hooker and have a meltdown, either it makes great tv or they actually care about their acestry. personally im not really that bothered myself lol.

Quote Originally Posted by cushseth View Post
    I don't care if your bad. But don't teach other people your badness.
    Quote Originally Posted by WiiTard View Post
    This little pony just remortgaged for more war ports.

Father was Czech and Mother was Czech, I seem to have a lot of relatives in certain 'organizations' so I'm not sure how much digging I want to do

Quote Originally Posted by Lucas101 View Post
    Father was Czech and Mother was Czech, I seem to have a lot of relatives in certain 'organizations' so I'm not sure how much digging I want to do
    So a checkered past you might say?

You set me up with that didn't you? Did you? Ya did didn't ya? Aw thanks.

*to do ...think of something funny and clever as a signature.