Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Thread starters

Hybrid View

Default Thread starters

I have never really had a good suggestion or idea for anything but the recent banter and repetitive posts about the servers being down has inspired me with what i believe would be a pretty decent change to the forums.

It is WAY to easy to be able to make a thread...So the first solution one would think of to this is to only make people with x amount of posts have the permission to create threads. This would be a bad idea as it is usually the newer guys with questions and such. So i got to thinking about how the mods could get around that little issue and here is what i came up with.
    - Every forum member must apply to create a thread. Yes i know there would be A LOT of spam and unnecessary requests to make threads..but this is why this would be such a good idea..the mod could simply deny the app and they wouldn't have to worry about closing a nonsense spam thread later on in the future. This may create more work and probably require more moderators but i do think this would increase the quality of modern day threads.
    Please feedback is well appreciated by me but no need to be rude or immature.

Actually I don't think it's a bad idea. I would add though that it might be better to somehow prevent the same treads. For example if a name of tread is servers down and one already exists for today then have a message pop saying similar tread exists please look for it or go to such and such.This will give the idea to players to actually look for that tread and make posts there. I am sure this might require some work but I have seen it done before.
    "The best way out is always through."

Quote Originally Posted by Neffy View Post
    Actually I don't think it's a bad idea. I would add though that it might be better to somehow prevent the same treads. For example if a name of tread is servers down and one already exists for today then have a message pop saying similar tread exists please look for it or go to such and such.This will give the idea to players to actually look for that tread and make posts there. I am sure this might require some work but I have seen it done before.
    Yea that would help the mods filter through what to allow and what to deny.
    Thanks for the feedback.

Quote Originally Posted by Justin1995 View Post
    Yea that would help the mods filter through what to allow and what to deny.
    Thanks for the feedback.
    You're welcome.
    "The best way out is always through."

Or you allow everybody to create threads but if it gets a certain amount of 'ratings' of being repeated or being spam then it is removed. This would require a button on the thread but Evony don't seem to be spending much time fixing the servers so they obviously have time to spare..
    [Alliance]<02:41>[Sizemore]: my wife has been at work since 1300 i got coins at around 1400 she texted me at like 1403 and started asking why i bought more coins i told her it was life or death

[Alliance]<00:31>[Ashteroth]: omg im a verbal geius
    [Alliance]<00:32>[Ashteroth]: genius*... thats akward

Quote Originally Posted by tipperary1 View Post
    ah yes the mythical forum euthopia lol

but yea half my threads wouldnt see the light of day, as would half of earls, but his are funny and get a bit of banter going, however there are some on the modding team who would infract him as a spamthread maker

lets not give those tool(s) more power
    Do you even try to make threads anymore? I think i remember either you or cush making a thread about fruit and of course one of those "tools" as you call them..not my words (not saying i disagree)..closed it. I actually liked that thread But now thinking back I'm sure it wouldn't have gone through an application..depending on the mod.

Quote Originally Posted by earlofspark View Post
    How dare you tar me with the same brush as yourself.

My threads are all salient, profound and thought provoking.

Why just this afternoon I was mulling over starting a thread about the feasibility of some kind of interactive forum wet t-shirt competition.

Its still in its early stages but will see the light of day.

*insert slightly manic laugh tinged with a hint of leeriness.
    If you do not create this thread i will

Quote Originally Posted by Alusair View Post
    In that case, you'd get infracted regardless of whether the thread was filtered or got through.
    Or could infract for applying and for it getting through..double whammy?

Quote Originally Posted by oobadooba View Post
    Or you allow everybody to create threads but if it gets a certain amount of 'ratings' of being repeated or being spam then it is removed. This would require a button on the thread but Evony don't seem to be spending much time fixing the servers so they obviously have time to spare..
    No this is the same argument as red rep..we don't have red rep because A LOT of people abused it. This would go the same way..exactly the same way.
    And please DO NOT turn this thread into one of the thousands of "evony doesn't fix their problems" threads. You can go there and whine..this thread is for forum suggestion and feedback, keep it that way

No this is the same argument as red rep..we don't have red rep because A LOT of people abused it. This would go the same way..exactly the same way.
    And please DO NOT turn this thread into one of the thousands of "evony doesn't fix their problems" threads. You can go there and whine..this thread is for forum suggestion and feedback, keep it that way
    OK breathe i wasnt going to launch into a massive whine. And i wasn't here when there was a red rep so how would i know that?
    [Alliance]<02:41>[Sizemore]: my wife has been at work since 1300 i got coins at around 1400 she texted me at like 1403 and started asking why i bought more coins i told her it was life or death

Quote Originally Posted by oobadooba View Post
    OK breathe i wasnt going to launch into a massive whine. And i wasn't here when there was a red rep so how would i know that?
    I'm not saying you were that is why i provided a brief explanation of what i meant by the previous statement i had just made.
    Read between the lines

Quote Originally Posted by Justin1995 View Post
    I'm not saying you were that is why i provided a brief explanation of what i meant by the previous statement i had just made.
    Read between the lines
    Ok my apologies

I'd be against a rating system. Members and mods don't always agree on what's forum-worthy or not, and you'd probably end up with cases of spam threads (in mod pov) being upvoted, or legit threads (in mod pov) being downvoted.
    It's all Rodri's fault.