Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Thread starters

I have a strong history of being disciplined with infractions for every reason under the forum sun. This implies that I am more familiar with the do's and do nots then most moderators seeing as I have been exposed to many judgements rather then just an individual view of what is bad and what is not. Further, I have had a very clean record, no infractions for close to two months. This suggests that I have learned from my mistakes implying that I have recently learned how to post without offending or otherwise earning infractions.

What this means is obvious, i should decide what is and what is not a good thread. Maybe I could even get a fancy title? 'Boss' seems appropriate.

Nice idea but perhaps not for the free disscussion parts of the forums

Plus rep if i help please
    Thanks in advance

Quote Originally Posted by Alusair View Post
    I'd be against a rating system. Members and mods don't always agree on what's forum-worthy or not, and you'd probably end up with cases of spam threads (in mod pov) being upvoted, or legit threads (in mod pov) being downvoted.
    Yea i see this idea would probably never work because of exactly what you just said. I don't really know any of the mods THAT much but I'm sure you're right about the fact that a lot of them don't agree with each other oh certain issues..

Quote Originally Posted by Lucas101 View Post
    I have a strong history of being disciplined with infractions for every reason under the forum sun. This implies that I am more familiar with the do's and do nots then most moderators seeing as I have been exposed to many judgements rather then just an individual view of what is bad and what is not. Further, I have had a very clean record, no infractions for close to two months. This suggests that I have learned from my mistakes implying that I have recently learned how to post without offending or otherwise earning infractions.

What this means is obvious, i should decide what is and what is not a good thread. Maybe I could even get a fancy title? 'Boss' seems appropriate.
    Something tells me that if this idea WERE to take place, then older forum vets like you and tipp would never have opened threads..I've heard you both say these same types of sentences before

And if you go another month w/o an infraction i will put "Lucas is Boss" in my sig.
    GL

Quote Originally Posted by tipperary1 View Post
    i make threads the odd time, my fruit thread wasnt closed, that was a great thread :P, but yea the mod in question would never have left that through mainly because that thread was a veiled dig at him, i actually love oranges

Yep that's why if the mods would still be split up into sections we would only see you have posts in one section..most likely acer's and ssf's. lol.
    ps. oranges are amazing.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucas101 View Post
    I have had a very clean record, no infractions for close to two months.
    Time in the e-slammer doesn't count.
    It's all Rodri's fault.

Quote Originally Posted by tipperary1 View Post
    i make threads the odd time, my fruit thread wasnt closed, that was a great thread :P, but yea the mod in question would never have left that through mainly because that thread was a veiled dig at him, i actually love oranges

passing over the mysterious one month suspension eh lol
    Yea that thread about oranges was a great thread, it showed great creativity and subtlety. Wit like that is above me ... That suspension was BS, you know it I know it and the mods know it.

Quote Originally Posted by Alusair View Post
    Time in the e-slammer doesn't count.
    No infractions received resulting in a suspensions means no reason for the suspension, ergo that suspension doesn't count. My point still stands.

No this is the same argument as red rep..we don't have red rep because A LOT of people abused it. This would go the same way..exactly the same way.
    And please DO NOT turn this thread into one of the thousands of "evony doesn't fix their problems" threads. You can go there and whine..this thread is for forum suggestion and feedback, keep it that way
    OK breathe i wasnt going to launch into a massive whine. And i wasn't here when there was a red rep so how would i know that?
    [Alliance]<02:41>[Sizemore]: my wife has been at work since 1300 i got coins at around 1400 she texted me at like 1403 and started asking why i bought more coins i told her it was life or death

[Alliance]<00:31>[Ashteroth]: omg im a verbal geius
    [Alliance]<00:32>[Ashteroth]: genius*... thats akward

Quote Originally Posted by oobadooba View Post
    OK breathe i wasnt going to launch into a massive whine. And i wasn't here when there was a red rep so how would i know that?
    I'm not saying you were that is why i provided a brief explanation of what i meant by the previous statement i had just made.
    Read between the lines

Quote Originally Posted by Justin1995 View Post
    I'm not saying you were that is why i provided a brief explanation of what i meant by the previous statement i had just made.
    Read between the lines
    Ok my apologies
    [Alliance]<02:41>[Sizemore]: my wife has been at work since 1300 i got coins at around 1400 she texted me at like 1403 and started asking why i bought more coins i told her it was life or death

[Alliance]<00:31>[Ashteroth]: omg im a verbal geius
    [Alliance]<00:32>[Ashteroth]: genius*... thats akward

Quote Originally Posted by Justin1995 View Post
    [snip]- Every forum member must apply to create a thread. [snip] the mod could simply deny the app and they wouldn't have to worry about closing a nonsense spam thread later on in the future. [snip]
    Your suggestion has merit and might even work ... provided there are mods present to approve or deny said applications. They're very scarce these days.
    And I'd reiterate what's already been said by others before me: putting this responsibility in the hands of mods in charge of a particular section leaves the door open for bias because decisions will be subjective most of the time.
    Objectivity usually goes out the window when you're faced with choosing between what's good for the community (like bacon!) and what's technically against the rules (like bacon!).
    Last edited by Quantum Leap; 01-08-2013 at 08:15 AM.

I'd have to agree, for this to become operational alot more mod's would be needed. But i also agree with what Quantum says about biasy becoming a problem with this, as not everyone likes each other so if i were a mod and saw someone i wasn't fond of trying to create a thread... well it might just get lost in the void of space. I suspect this is why i am not a mod as well.

Though in comparison threads are on a bit of a shortage these days, usually theres a sudden burst of threads being made when evony has implemented a new "idea" but other than that its alot quieter these days.

Also the forums are pretty darn strict nowadays too

Overall not a bad idea

By the amazing Luda