Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Lvl 10 Cav Farming wave.

Default Lvl 10 Cav Farming wave.

cavfarmlvl10.jpg

I actually had the idea for this months ago but was never in a position to test it out until 47 opened. Keep in mind the hero is a 0 set hero and med and iron working are still at lvl 8. Now DO NOT try this unless you or sombody else in this thread manages to figure out how it was done with so few losses. If nobody figures it out in a week or so I will reveal it. If you try it normally you will loss much more. This is the very first time this type of wave has ever been sent with so few losses to my knowledge but if anyone has allready done this feel free to correct me. Using this you can farm a lvl 10 npc anywhere within 100 miles in 30 minutes if you send straight 125k cav for just abit more losses.

Edit: Apparently its known. Just not quite sure why its not used more often considering its both faster and more efficient troop wise.
    Last edited by LordSauron; 01-20-2013 at 04:44 PM.

its a common farming method on age 1, nothing new, youve lvl 6 hbr, cavalry have a longer reach than warriors and meet them at a point in the battlefield where they can kill the warriors without the warriors harming them.

your archer and phract layers were completeely unecessary :P, 5k scouts wouldve been better to take wall damge

such a farming method isnt really necessary in age 2 because we dont need to speed lvl our heros, and anyway building that many cavs that early in a server would be pointless and slow.

yeah a huge waste of time and res to build 125k cav this early. better spent on arch.

Sig by: Morgan
    Evony Terms

Quote Originally Posted by Nishinta View Post
    its a common farming method on age 1, nothing new, youve lvl 6 hbr, cavalry have a longer reach than warriors and meet them at a point in the battlefield where they can kill the warriors without the warriors harming them.

your archer and phract layers were completeely unecessary :P, 5k scouts wouldve been better to take wall damge

such a farming method isnt really necessary in age 2 because we dont need to speed lvl our heros, and anyway building that many cavs that early in a server would be pointless and slow.
    Yes but this method costs less rack time per spear then anything but maybe a compass 10 spearhead. And if your planning to run comp 10 on 47 then well good luck with that. I plan to hit ALOT of level 10s for gem. Why hit 10s instead of 5s? Because A lvl 10 has a much better blue rate the does a 5 and more importantly I need the food anyway. Normally you couldn't hit half the 10s in the state but with this you could. Its alot less work then sending waves to lvl 5s for a 12 set and trust me I did on 31 and it was not fun. And I do got plenty of archers. More then enough to shut down anything but a phract wave from one of thoose 700 12 sets. Now that my test is done I'll be building enough for a lvl 12 so I can do it without ensign.

I love how you thought you were clever.
    SS37

Less QQ more PewPew

Quote Originally Posted by Prodigy the 5 View Post
    cush has a point... and he is right
    Ya.

Quote Originally Posted by cushseth View Post
    I love how you thought you were clever.
    No more or less then whoever beat me to it. But considering I wasn't able to find anything on it in the age2 section I figure alot more players can benefit from it who run some of the more exotic compass levels and have very poor returns on 10 spears as a result.

a couple things:
    a) this was actually something new to see. while i have used a similar wave in a comparable game with relatively comparable mechanics recently, i hadnt seen it used in evony and is cool to see it.
    b) "waste of time" is a bit harsh especially when you dont consider all of the consequences. By doing this it is possible to quickly and efficiently level heroes early in the game which may be needed for attacking high lvl npcs for quick caps. here is what i would think the ideal scenario could be: player1 is a scout builder for the alliance for hcs; scouts are a quick build and adding in cav at the end of some queues would enable player 1 to have more higher level heroes to use as well as to hand off to alliance members that would need them (imagine that! an alliance working together ... thats a good thing right)? now a couple requisites for this to be optimal: the player making scouts has a high enough hero to complete both the scouts required along with the cav (including restocking queues for loss on hits), alliance members need the medals to persuade the heroes (durrrr), and the player with the cav wave needs to make an npc 10 field in the first weeks of the server.

good job on finding something that could be used in age2 and making it more widely known. i do think that u need to work on the loss because at that loss rate i would rather use arch
    Stal/Nerds
    Age1 - s152 - Rebellion/TAKEDOWN (retired)
    Age2 - CA4 - CandySto/187, 21, ReU/666/666_324 (Found Partner) (dormant)
    CoE - ClosedBeta1 - TAKEDOWN (left/got bored)
    Discipline Honor Determination

Yes but consider that at my compass level I take 8300 archer losses with warrior layers included in the wave and it becomes more efficient to farm this way. You can add in warriors worker a 1 bally and 1 pault for best results but I only had so many ensigns to do it. My last hit was an attempt to do it with 100k cav but it did not 1 shot the warriors. I will wait until I have my hc12 before I do this full time. I am interested to see what I can get the losses to on camped waves on 6 minute delays. Allso since there melle instead of ranged I might be able to use other units to absorb hits that nomally would not work with archer bows.

Quote Originally Posted by Stal View Post
    a couple things:
    a) this was actually something new to see. while i have used a similar wave in a comparable game with relatively comparable mechanics recently, i hadnt seen it used in evony and is cool to see it.
    b) "waste of time" is a bit harsh especially when you dont consider all of the consequences. By doing this it is possible to quickly and efficiently level heroes early in the game which may be needed for attacking high lvl npcs for quick caps. here is what i would think the ideal scenario could be: player1 is a scout builder for the alliance for hcs; scouts are a quick build and adding in cav at the end of some queues would enable player 1 to have more higher level heroes to use as well as to hand off to alliance members that would need them (imagine that! an alliance working together ... thats a good thing right)? now a couple requisites for this to be optimal: the player making scouts has a high enough hero to complete both the scouts required along with the cav (including restocking queues for loss on hits), alliance members need the medals to persuade the heroes (durrrr), and the player with the cav wave needs to make an npc 10 field in the first weeks of the server.

good job on finding something that could be used in age2 and making it more widely known. i do think that u need to work on the loss because at that loss rate i would rather use arch
    waste of time isnt harsh, in the scenario you mentioned a player thats able to build cavs to that extent would have better uses than to be a scoutbuilder. and cavs are an expensive unit to build, and good luck getting the losses down to an acceptable level at server start without coining a decent startset.and lets just hope some random opportunist with pikes lying around doesnt make an appearence at your doorstep.

also the layering the op used would result in the cav waves being almost as slow as the archer waves

and as for the "exotic" levels of compass mentioned. only 3 compass levels are of use. and 2 of them provide cheaper losses than cav farming with a high starset. it surprises me to hear ppl are starting to use them. but i suspect in most cases the user probably doesnt realise the full implications of the different tech. or consequences

Quote Originally Posted by Nishinta View Post
    waste of time isnt harsh, in the scenario you mentioned a player thats able to build cavs to that extent would have better uses than to be a scoutbuilder. and cavs are an expensive unit to build, and good luck getting the losses down to an acceptable level at server start without coining a decent startset.and lets just hope some random opportunist with pikes lying around doesnt make an appearence at your doorstep.

also the layering the op used would result in the cav waves being almost as slow as the archer waves

and as for the "exotic" levels of compass mentioned. only 3 compass levels are of use. and 2 of them provide cheaper losses than cav farming with a high starset. it surprises me to hear ppl are starting to use them. but i suspect in most cases the user probably doesnt realise the full implications of the different tech. or consequences
    Well a case can be made that the only useful Compass level is one lower then your opponent. I rolled a 6. Sure theres a few more drawbacks then a 9 but I allready found one red was planning on a 7. Once I get the hc 12 the losses from this wave are cheaper to replace then a normal archer bow and it can allso be used to farm at high speed with just abit more losses. As someone who absolutely refuses to bot I need a quick and efficient means of getting a 12 set. Cav breakers with war waves right behind will provide the best gems per wave sent. Quite manageable if you entire economy goes to making the troops to do it. Which you would once your upkeep is as high as you can farm. And since your farming 10s regardless thats alot higher then it might be provided your playing legit.

edit: as for the pikes. You don't really think the gates would be open on the city I put them in? Now that would be dumb. Should they hit it while offline I got skype open at all times. Even if I'm asleep they just ring me and I'll deal with them.
    Last edited by LordSauron; 01-21-2013 at 01:15 AM.