Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: How to be a good wife (60's style)

Quote Originally Posted by acer5200 View Post
    I'm enjoying how this thread has turned into a thread about barbecuing.
    *nodding with aproval*

Quote Originally Posted by davemata View Post
    FIFY.
    I don't want some to mistake grilling for the actual sublime art of barbecue.
    And we need to be sure we all know that a barbie is a sacred place of men. much like the throne room (Loo) and the shed. these are places man retreats too when the wife/girlfriend/kids/anyone you dont want to be around at the time is annoying you. or in one case if you actually need to go to the loo.

Quote Originally Posted by Khalee View Post
    According to the sacred arts of both grilling and barbequing, women are to bring the beer, chop the onions, and clean the mess, meanwhile snickering at the men trying to cook, and appreciating the night off.
    sounds about right to me. At big family/friends barbies there jobs may also include drinking with the other women, and laughing at the men trying too cook as a group.

whereas men at a family/friends barbies normally all end up around the barbie/bonfire (if theres no fire bans on) drinking beer and occasionally making sure the food is acctually quite dead and nearly burnt to a crisp. we even sometimes turn the food to burn it evenly.

You have never had a propper BBQ till youve eaten a steak sanga that tastes more like charcoal then it does steak, drown it in your sauce of choice (tomato sauce being mine) and hey presto! Youve lived!!!

Oh Both genders also have to take turns yell at the kids to stay away from the bonfire/pool/anything kids decide it would be fun to play with as its normally dangerous.

Sig Courtesy Of Sickness!
    Bomben - Great Phract Smack - My History
    ssssssssffffdrdrawers. You can't tell me to stop being who I am.

Is it the domain of men by default, or choice?

Do we fight for it because of the primalness of the fire, or because, deep down, many of us feel that the true point of grilling isn't the food result, but an improvement on BAC?

I'm hoping to go fishing this weekend and bring back some trout or steelhead for the grill, that would be quite good.

Flaming CHICKEN!
    Courtesy: Sturm

Is it the domain of men by default, or choice?

Do we fight for it because of the primalness of the fire, or because, deep down, many of us feel that the true point of grilling isn't the food result, but an improvement on BAC?

I'm hoping to go fishing this weekend and bring back some trout or steelhead for the grill, that would be quite good.

Try Hickory Planks from Costco...soak them in water for two hours, put your filet on top and cook on low heat until done...that hickory taste is immeasurable.

interesting tip on barcardi 151:

I would of course have to weigh the pros and cons on spilling a jigger or three on charcoal verses spilling a jigger or three in my gullet.

I think it is the caveman in us that separates the roles in a good ol fashion bbq.

stated: "we laugh, do the dishes, clean up the mess, and giggle that we have the night off" [paraphrased from a female's pov]

consider where fire is at it's best, and why the caveman in us are drawn to it's mysterious power.

[skit]

Caveman Ugg out hunting, stalks, finds, kills with spear meat on hoof.

Caveman Ugg, draggs his kill past cavewoman Oggu's dwelling.

"Hey Ugg, ... em ... I have fire, you have meat, want sex?"

Prehistoric romance. tis why I think women love candles. just a theory though.
    Dog of War grrrrr

Today Tortuga captured 99,363 an npc 14 which from last i seen was owned by khans....

Khalee, I love you so much for having those homicidal thoughts about the author! This is sooo bad that I can’t even begin to describe how much I loathe what is written there. Are you sure this isn’t trolling? Isn’t this article fake? I know things have been different back then, but 60s – it wasn’t THAT long ago, was it? “Man’s satisfaction is more important than a woman’s” (kill me now) and “should your husband suggest any of the more unusual practices be obedient” (seriously, kill me right now). That doesn’t even come close to the stuff people write today (this one for example http://www.askwiki.net/How-to-Fix-a-Relationship ) If this article is true, then it is better to never live than to be a woman from 60s. I’m not exaggerating. The sad thing is, some men still think their pleasure is more important. P.S. Loved your response to King Alboin

Quote Originally Posted by AmeliSwan View Post
    Khalee, I love you so much for having those homicidal thoughts about the author! This is sooo bad that I can’t even begin to describe how much I loathe what is written there. Are you sure this isn’t trolling? Isn’t this article fake? I know things have been different back then, but 60s – it wasn’t THAT long ago, was it? “Man’s satisfaction is more important than a woman’s” (kill me now) and “should your husband suggest any of the more unusual practices be obedient” (seriously, kill me right now). That doesn’t even come close to the stuff people write today (this one for example http://www.askwiki.net/How-to-Fix-a-Relationship ) If this article is true, then it is better to never live than to be a woman from 60s. I’m not exaggerating. The sad thing is, some men still think their pleasure is more important. P.S. Loved your response to King Alboin
    It's been better to be non-existant than to be a woman for thousands upon thousands of years. Now you get to work with wolves and not get eaten. Lucky you, the tables turned quickly.
    SS37

Less QQ more PewPew

Quote Originally Posted by Prodigy the 5 View Post
    cush has a point... and he is right
    Ya.

Due to a recent article located and read out by the morning crew for Australian Radio Station "Nova FM", it appears that I would have been a terrible wife, possibly homicidal.

If you prefer to hear the audio (or view a larger-print), you can access the file here

I'm hoping this thread stays clean(ish) and open. Whilst I admit to homicidal tendancies toward the author, I'm also interested to see the reactions of people, to the actual thinking of the 60's.
    If I have a wife that ugly... I will apply the 60's style, no quetions asked!
    http://bbs.evony.com/showthread.php?...Troops-DEAD!!!
    Sorry, JaysonMann... It's ur turn to pawn a sowhat and break the record, the pressure is off my shoulders and is back on yours!
    http://bbs.evony.com/showthread.php?...5m-dead-troops

Due to a recent article located and read out by the morning crew for Australian Radio Station "Nova FM", it appears that I would have been a terrible wife, possibly homicidal.

If you prefer to hear the audio (or view a larger-print), you can access the file here

I'm hoping this thread stays clean(ish) and open. Whilst I admit to homicidal tendancies toward the author, I'm also interested to see the reactions of people, to the actual thinking of the 60's.

If I have a wife that ugly, I will apply the 60's style, no questions asked!
    http://bbs.evony.com/showthread.php?...Troops-DEAD!!!
    Sorry, JaysonMann... It's ur turn to pawn a sowhat and break the record, the pressure is off my shoulders and is back on yours!
    http://bbs.evony.com/showthread.php?...5m-dead-troops

Quote Originally Posted by Kantot View Post
    If I have a wife that ugly, I will apply the 60's style, no questions asked!
    I would too, she's got nowhere else to go.
    SS37

Less QQ more PewPew

Quote Originally Posted by Prodigy the 5 View Post
    cush has a point... and he is right
    Ya.