Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Guide to Upgrade Gear[No Coining] Released!!!

Hybrid View

Default Guide to Farming Materials[No Coining] Released!!!

Hi all Again,

I am Posting this guide on how to Upgrade Gear but let me warn you it will take Months to get to Even lvl 5 and about 1 Year-1 1/2 Years to get to 10 and Approx about 1 Year to get all 15 Stars that's if you farm daily.

Lets Get Started

REQUIREMENTS:

-All 10 Cites Or 9 will work
    -1-1.6 Million Warriors Each City
    -Lvl 10 Valleys at every city(Hopefully you have 1 of each kind of valley Near a city)
    -Lvl 10 Rally Spot and LVl 10 Feasting Hall
    -5 Hours of your time
    -Lvl 12 HC( Not Neccesary though )
    Time to HUNT!!!

Ok Now that we are finished with the requirements ill Start by saying it takes me about 2 Months to get to lvl 5 Gear and I farm for 10 Hours a day so just imagine(And I'm just Guessing) that you only farm 2 hours a day, it would take you 5-12 Months to get to Lvl 5 Gear but atleast that's better than having lvl 2 Gear. Alright I got that over with now I'm Guessing your ready to farm.

Instruction

1.Launch 10 waves of 100k Warr each camped at 30 seconds apart from your first city. if you camp all 10 Waves it should be 5 Minutes

2. Launch the same waves from the second city Starting at a camp time of 5 Minutes and 30 second. camp each waves after the first at 30 Seconds. This should sum up to 10 Minutes if all waves are camped as told.

3. Do the same thing as done above for the other 8 Cities then start the process over until you hero is out of Energy.

Further Explanation

Alright Just in case you don't Get the above here's an explanation: So from the first city all waves were camped so they were 30 seconds apart like 30, 1 Minute, 1 Minute 30 Sec..... all the way till it added up to 5 Minutes(I CAMPED FIRST WAVE)

Then I went to the Second city which I started from 5 Minute and 30 sec and I did that because The first cities last wave will hit at the 5 Minute mark so to make it easier for myself I camped Second cities 1st wave 30 seconds apart from my First cities Last Wave and then I continued the Process and gave my other waves 30 Sec apart from Each other

Good Bye

Now before I end this I should tell you that from each city if you farm for 5 Hours you will get 13 Materials
    So that's a 103 in 5 hours!!!! But since we are free Players and we are farming for gear it will come with a price.

I feel No need to say how much you will lose but I will say it will be with it because once you have that Lvl 5 Gear And all Lvl 10 Stars you can take down that 14! I will be making more guides that will eventually lead you up to taking a 16 Or just possible Atlantis( No Promises for Atlantis though )

GEMS

Note: all drop rates are estimates. %% = Delicate gem. %% = Flawless gem

-Make sure you have 10% increased droprate (400/400 colonize achievement). There's a guide on this forum to rush through this achievement.

NPC1-4: 25% / 7% Don't spam these. They aren't very good for gem farming, but they should be in your farming lists for increased speed.

NPC5: 30% / 13% These can be double hit; you'll get a drop chance on both hits. 2nd hits can replace NPC2-3 missions.

NPC7-9 30% / 23% These can be triple hit initially; drop chance on all of these hits. After this, you start spamming them every 4 minutes; again drop chance on all these hits. Keep hitting them so they will not regenerate much. In between sending out your NPC1-5 missions, you can just keep spamming them and get a huge boost to your gem income. Switch heroes to INT gear.

NPC10: 25% / 30% Standard 96K+2K+2K archer opener (attack gear),2nd and 3rd hit with 100K warriors, then keep hitting it 4 minutes interval with 100K warriors.

Originally Copied from: http://bbs.evony.com/showthread.php?...-Farming-Guide

Happy Hunting
    Don't make Evony discourage you
    Last edited by LamboMercy; 02-12-2013 at 01:10 PM.

Default The Advanced Version

[/COLOR]
    The Advanced Version

Materials are required to level up your gear. Most people purchase them from the shop, however they can be found in high-level valleys and although they are rare, they are not as rare as people say or nearly as expensive to farm as you might imagine.

To farm them, you have to hit a lot of level 10 valleys. I have been told they drop in level9 valleys also but I have not verified this myself. In my experience the drop rate is roughly 1 in every 25 hits, and this rate can be reduced by getting a 10% droprate increase from colonizing 400 cities.

The reason many people think that materials are expensive to farm is they think they must use archers on high level valleys, which is simply not the case.

To farm them cheaply and efficiently, simply make sure each of your cities has a spare valley spot, and attack with 100,000 warriors with the same catch-and-release method used in the rose medal farming tutorials. Obviously, you will need a lot of warriors as you will be sending full waves and losing an average 4-5k a hit, but it is MUCH cheaper than the traditional method of sending around 20,000 archers + 1 of each foot troop, which can add up to huge archer losses.

To test this method, I spent 5 hours hitting level 10 valleys from 10 cities with archers. I lost 600,000 archers (OUCH!!!) gaining 11 materials.

See a typical Archer material farming wave below - the treasure is a wood:

The next 5 hours I sent 100,000 warrior waves instead, losing 800,000 warriors which are much cheaper to replace, especially as I can draft 100’s of thousands a day from my HC’s. I also got a better return too, gaining 13 materials.

There seems to be no real type of valley which gains a specific type of material - you have as much chance of getting a thoroughbred from a flat as you do from a desert, and the drop rates are also the same. I suggest you just pick the closest valleys to your cities and hit them over and over, as many times as possible.

See two typical Warrior material farming waves below. The first hit has a crude gem, and the second is a double hit of iron ore and crude gem:

I see no reason using this method, that one could not get to level 10 gear without coining. Many people will tell you it is impossible without spending serious amounts of money, especially since they stopped allowing Amulets as gifts - but I am telling you they are wrong. It is possible if you work at it, and by sending warriors to farm them, it’s a much cheaper process than you might imagine.

Rep+ Me if I Helped

See I've got Pictures Rickie, KILLTHREAT and all my other haters. Sorry for the Blur
    Last edited by LamboMercy; 02-18-2013 at 05:40 PM. Reason: Dim The lights

Quote Originally Posted by LamboMercy View Post
    [CENTER][B][SIZE=5]

See I've got Pictures Rickie, KILLTHREAT and all my other haters. Sorry for the Blur
    Well unless you can show me 100 pictures a day then i will never believe you.
    APPLY ATTACK BUTTON TO OLD AGE 2 SERVERS!

BRING BACK SILVER KEYS FOR 50 CENTS!!!

Get rid of the color.
    Improve SS quality.
    Correct all mistakes.

Quote Originally Posted by LamboMercy View Post
    This was actually pretty good LOL.
    83 - rtafishalinsanity - IMMT - retired
    133 - RTA - IMMT - retired
    ss63 - Slapstick - Tyrant - retired
    159 - solonely - None - just frolicking around
    160 - Laaaaaaagggggg
    168 - hahahahaha

Also Reserved

Reserved as since I just discovered a Phract Version....

Currently in testing

That's ok with me

Lol atleast it's positive feedback

i didnt want pics of mat drops, i had no bearing in this dept. ive gotten an odd mat drop here and there on my main.
    my concern was when i went to na 45, i had absolute no success ( as i mentioned before, i never got a single drop)
    my other interest was with the solo 16.
    see, i achieved my dream of solo'ing a 16.
    and such, im always eagerly interested in stories of other people doing such a feat.
    as im always critiquing my path, and others, investigating, trying to refine areas.
    i believe i wanted pictures of your solo 16, or something, i know i wanted a pic, ( i think) but had nothing to do with gem farming.
    ive read the short and simple version of this, i'll take a look at the advanced version later. at that time i'll post my thoughts.

na 33 INSOMNIA retired
    na 36 Debauch active
    *The Original Solo artist*
    Cipher Inc. KILLing THREATS since 2009
    thank u righteous for the design of the sig

question:
    are you saying your sending waves to 1 valley from all 9-10 cities?
    or are you saying each city is assigned their own valley? was sorta hard to follow your words

na 33 INSOMNIA retired
    na 36 Debauch active
    *The Original Solo artist*
    Cipher Inc. KILLing THREATS since 2009
    thank u righteous for the design of the sig