Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Evony Employee Access

Default Evony Employee Access

My suggestion is that you incorporate a section of the forum where we can ask questions, resolve issues, etc directly to the Evony staff. I don't mean just players like us who are given mod status, but actual people who know what is going on. For example, forum mods can't discuss updates to the terms of service, discuss or explain why it takes 5 days for customer service to handle complaints, etc. Aside from processing our package payments, it seems actual Evony employees are scarce and rarely heard from.

Quote Originally Posted by Savannah_Lion View Post
    My suggestion is that you incorporate a section of the forum where we can ask questions, resolve issues, etc directly to the Evony staff. I don't mean just players like us who are given mod status, but actual people who know what is going on. For example, forum mods can't discuss updates to the terms of service, discuss or explain why it takes 5 days for customer service to handle complaints, etc. Aside from processing our package payments, it seems actual Evony employees are scarce and rarely heard from.
    Dawn and Dave used to but now they don't seem to post anymore ever since their new game tynon came out

Na47 - PoTaToHeAdbest - 7
    Na50 - SKORPIAN - 427
    Na55 - Potatoes - 7

Retired from All Servers

If a player has questions directly for staff, the best option is to file a helpspot ticket.

It's a matter of time and resources. We just don't have the resources to dedicate to answering everything in the forum. We will share info when we have it, and make announcements when we need to, but there just isn't enough hands for something like that.

Flaming CHICKEN!
    Courtesy: Sturm

^^imposter
    Quote Originally Posted by acer5200 View Post
    PS: Mech wasn't trolling.

put mech on the team job will got done fast....lolzzz
    when did pigs grow wings and fly???

Quote Originally Posted by Fresh420 View Post
    put mech on the team job will got done fast....lolzzz
    i applied for the forum mod job and they gave it to some noob like deuc who spends most of his time on the forums talking about tynon

no offense deuc
    Quote Originally Posted by acer5200 View Post
    PS: Mech wasn't trolling.

tynon is using too much dev resources for evony's good, they either need to hire more people, or lower the ammount of people working on tynon, it seems that tynon is simple, sucking the life out of evony and its players.
    Brandon,

Brandon@softwareisusinc.com

This is what happends to my enemys

@davemata:

First of all I appreciate your reply. But certainly you can understand the desire or need for staff for "emergency" access. For example, when the first troop queue got stuck, and then the second person reported it minutes later (as an example), the Evony staff would have known right away about an issue before it became widespread. Perhaps, in theory, knowing this could have saved half the servers from getting maintenance that day, someone in authority would have been able to pull the plug. So, in theory, that would have saved even more Evony manpower hours, would have helped public/player relations, etc. As a player, I can say player frustration seems to be rather high on some servers. With rampant bots, game hacks, constant game abuse, etc...the majority of us (myself included at times) just feel like the Evony staff simply doesn't care as long as packages continue to sell. There is very little admin or developer presence if that makes sense.

Another thing that got me thinking about this suggestion was a personal issue I'm having. A new form of harassment has been exploited. Evony knows bot use is rampant, dare I say commonplace. Evony I am sure is also aware bots can be used to spam troops. Well one "creative" player who loves to harass people found a new way to use this. For endless hours, a certain player I'll call "dumbkid" used 4-5 alt accounts at once, hooks them up to his bot, and spam whispers. It makes world chat un-viewable, alliance chat un-viewable. Messages flood in at 3-4 per second. It also lags the game, and seizes up the browser. In addition, "dumbkid" also has a hack/exploit that prevents any player from blocking him. When Evony is told about this matter, they take days to correct it. DAYS. And if/when they do, what happens? The guy uses one of his other 50 accounts and goes right back to it. So far they won't IP ban the guy. Being as brave as he is, he sells his accounts in world chat openly, when not spamming chat links for his website of enemy coordinates. I mean, name it and this guy has done it. But as far as affecting me, I don't like having my game unplayable for at least 3 days out of the week. being able to immediately alert staff that some player accounts are seizing up (he spams multiple friends of mine in addition to me; our side of the war) at once.

I am the host of an alliance. I doubt any player is confused on what happens if no one in alliance leadership can send or receive messages, be it whisper, alliance chat, or world chat. An alliance is crippled with no one in charge because of the bot chat spam. I've sumitted 2 tickets in the last 2 weeks, and the one I currently have open has 10 replies with screenshots and info from me. I get that staff are short, but silence and automated messages just make me agree with the common consensus that Evony doesn't care. At least if Evony made more of a forum presence, players might also have more of a reason to use the forum, like they used to do a lot more often several years ago. It builds trust from your community, if this stuff makes any sense. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by MechHead View Post
    i applied for the forum mod job and they gave it to some noob like deuc who spends most of his time on the forums talking about tynon

no offense deuc

No offense taken. Your input means notta to me

everybody's input should mean something....
    when did pigs grow wings and fly???