Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Evony Employee Access

It is absolutely not in Evony's or a players best interest to have a forum dedicated to an employee answering questions. First of all, you are going to have people asking silly questions that can just be covered by other players in the Help section of the forums. That is a waste of time and resources on Evony's part. Any sort of company that has a help desk ticket system does so for several reasons. The obvious reasons are for handling customer issues but another important part of a ticket system is seeing the flow of issues, tracking categories, things like that. So they know where to allocate resources.

Having said that, there are times where the ticket system at Evony is deplorable and other times its great. For me the initial response time has greatly improved but getting things done in the time frame they give you simply does not exist. Something that they say takes 2 weeks I am still waiting on 60 days later, with no follow up on their part. I have to keep opening tickets to ask for an update, basically getting told we are still trying to fix that for you, which I know just bogs the system down. The response you get greatly depends on who gets your ticket. Some people wont do anything but others will. Things are not black and white; they are purple, green, orange, yellow...etc.

I worked in a help desk environment for a software company and ran a training department centered around it. I can see what they are doing wrong from a players perspective, and its been wrong for a long time. It has improved but its still not what it should be.
    Vicious!
    S3/SS37

Quote Originally Posted by cushseth View Post
    How dare you say something that makes sense on these forums. Bad girl, Bad!!!

Quote Originally Posted by missirish View Post
    It is absolutely not in Evony's or a players best interest to have a forum dedicated to an employee answering questions. First of all, you are going to have people asking silly questions that can just be covered by other players in the Help section of the forums. That is a waste of time and resources on Evony's part. Any sort of company that has a help desk ticket system does so for several reasons. The obvious reasons are for handling customer issues but another important part of a ticket system is seeing the flow of issues, tracking categories, things like that. So they know where to allocate resources.

Having said that, there are times where the ticket system at Evony is deplorable and other times its great. For me the initial response time has greatly improved but getting things done in the time frame they give you simply does not exist. Something that they say takes 2 weeks I am still waiting on 60 days later, with no follow up on their part. I have to keep opening tickets to ask for an update, basically getting told we are still trying to fix that for you, which I know just bogs the system down. The response you get greatly depends on who gets your ticket. Some people wont do anything but others will. Things are not black and white; they are purple, green, orange, yellow...etc.

I worked in a help desk environment for a software company and ran a training department centered around it. I can see what they are doing wrong from a players perspective, and its been wrong for a long time. It has improved but its still not what it should be.
    The forums used to be a positive place where we all shared our new techniques, ideas and progress. It used to have a vast amount of players use it to get all the info on the game they needed. Evony representatives used to take our ideas and use them or at least discuss them. 10 page threads used to have 75+ different posters in them. Nowadays threads that have 10 pages have 7 posters with 10+ posts each, the forums have been deserted by evony staff and representatives. All that left is trolls and a handful of legit users. Any ideas tossed out there are shot down no matter how good or bad they are. Evony doesnt pay attention to them either.

I see your join date in apr 2009. Players like you and I can remember a game and forum community that was a lot different than todays. The game and forums used to have so much promise and potential. Now the game and Forums are a joke compared to what they used to be. I think its just the way the gaming industry is going these days

Fan of BOTS!!! ( Auto-Bots Of Course )

Quote Originally Posted by Buzz Light Year View Post
    The forums used to be a positive place where we all shared our new techniques, ideas and progress. It used to have a vast amount of players use it to get all the info on the game they needed. Evony representatives used to take our ideas and use them or at least discuss them. 10 page threads used to have 75+ different posters in them. Nowadays threads that have 10 pages have 7 posters with 10+ posts each, the forums have been deserted by evony staff and representatives. All that left is trolls and a handful of legit users. Any ideas tossed out there are shot down no matter how good or bad they are. Evony doesnt pay attention to them either.

I see your join date in apr 2009. Players like you and I can remember a game and forum community that was a lot different than todays. The game and forums used to have so much promise and potential. Now the game and Forums are a joke compared to what they used to be. I think its just the way the gaming industry is going these days
    I would have to disagree that the Evony forums were ever truly a place that "new techniques, ideas and progress" really took place. Yes, in the beginning people talked battle mechanics, but I always believed it was from the standpoint of "this is a new game, nobody knows about it it, hey look what I figured out". Since then, there have been few posts about how the game has evolved battle wise. Simply put, people didn't and still don't want to put too much info out there lest their enemies find out what they are doing. About the only post on the forums I've ever really referenced is the early one about intel heroes. That is not to say that good conversations don't take place, but people just don't want to share too much. I don't blame anyone for it, I don't share much myself for multiple reasons. Everything I have learned in 4+ years has been mostly by experimentation and/or within my alliance or friends. Some people just want to be handed the golden ticket & not have to work for it like some of us did.
    Vicious!
    S3/SS37

Quote Originally Posted by cushseth View Post
    How dare you say something that makes sense on these forums. Bad girl, Bad!!!

I would have to disagree that the Evony forums were ever truly a place that "new techniques, ideas and progress" really took place. Yes, in the beginning people talked battle mechanics, but I always believed it was from the standpoint of "this is a new game, nobody knows about it it, hey look what I figured out". Since then, there have been few posts about how the game has evolved battle wise. Simply put, people didn't and still don't want to put too much info out there lest their enemies find out what they are doing. About the only post on the forums I've ever really referenced is the early one about intel heroes. That is not to say that good conversations don't take place, but people just don't want to share too much. I don't blame anyone for it, I don't share much myself for multiple reasons. Everything I have learned in 4+ years has been mostly by experimentation and/or within my alliance or friends. Some people just want to be handed the golden ticket & not have to work for it like some of us did.
    Well said.

I always just threw what I know in peoples faces without ever telling them how things worked. How's sexy Irish been these days? Been a while since we ripped faces together =(

Quote Originally Posted by Buzz Light Year View Post

The few people who actually shared what they knew willingly quit long long long before the forums died. They played (apparently) solely to figure out how the game worked, and quit shortly after they reached the end game.

Every theory-crafter I played with on server 2 quit before the server was even merged. Hand farming wore people out, that's about all there is to it. Nothing we can do, honestly. We all bot because this game is broken, too tedious and expensive to truly enjoy properly. It will die, it is what it is.
    Last edited by cushseth; 08-10-2013 at 06:43 PM.
    SS37

Less QQ more PewPew

Quote Originally Posted by Prodigy the 5 View Post
    cush has a point... and he is right
    Ya.