Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Evony Employee Access

Quote Originally Posted by Savannah_Lion View Post
    @davemata:

First of all I appreciate your reply. But certainly you can understand the desire or need for staff for "emergency" access. For example, when the first troop queue got stuck, and then the second person reported it minutes later (as an example), the Evony staff would have known right away about an issue before it became widespread. Perhaps, in theory, knowing this could have saved half the servers from getting maintenance that day, someone in authority would have been able to pull the plug. So, in theory, that would have saved even more Evony manpower hours, would have helped public/player relations, etc. As a player, I can say player frustration seems to be rather high on some servers. With rampant bots, game hacks, constant game abuse, etc...the majority of us (myself included at times) just feel like the Evony staff simply doesn't care as long as packages continue to sell. There is very little admin or developer presence if that makes sense.

Another thing that got me thinking about this suggestion was a personal issue I'm having. A new form of harassment has been exploited. Evony knows bot use is rampant, dare I say commonplace. Evony I am sure is also aware bots can be used to spam troops. Well one "creative" player who loves to harass people found a new way to use this. For endless hours, a certain player I'll call "dumbkid" used 4-5 alt accounts at once, hooks them up to his bot, and spam whispers. It makes world chat un-viewable, alliance chat un-viewable. Messages flood in at 3-4 per second. It also lags the game, and seizes up the browser. In addition, "dumbkid" also has a hack/exploit that prevents any player from blocking him. When Evony is told about this matter, they take days to correct it. DAYS. And if/when they do, what happens? The guy uses one of his other 50 accounts and goes right back to it. So far they won't IP ban the guy. Being as brave as he is, he sells his accounts in world chat openly, when not spamming chat links for his website of enemy coordinates. I mean, name it and this guy has done it. But as far as affecting me, I don't like having my game unplayable for at least 3 days out of the week. being able to immediately alert staff that some player accounts are seizing up (he spams multiple friends of mine in addition to me; our side of the war) at once.

I am the host of an alliance. I doubt any player is confused on what happens if no one in alliance leadership can send or receive messages, be it whisper, alliance chat, or world chat. An alliance is crippled with no one in charge because of the bot chat spam. I've sumitted 2 tickets in the last 2 weeks, and the one I currently have open has 10 replies with screenshots and info from me. I get that staff are short, but silence and automated messages just make me agree with the common consensus that Evony doesn't care. At least if Evony made more of a forum presence, players might also have more of a reason to use the forum, like they used to do a lot more often several years ago. It builds trust from your community, if this stuff makes any sense. Thanks.
    simple block him and any account he uses to spam you then you won't have to look at the pinks anymore :P

Na47 - PoTaToHeAdbest - 7
    Na50 - SKORPIAN - 427
    Na55 - Potatoes - 7

Retired from All Servers

"In addition, "dumbkid" also has a hack/exploit that prevents any player from blocking him." Guess you missed that part lol

For the sake of reference "L" is the only person in my blocklist. "W" is the dude in question. It clearly gives me an error that "W" is already on my list when in fact he isn't. Any other player on my server can be blocked, except him and any alt he uses. That is my reference point of it being an exploit, it's unique to him. None of my friends can block it either. All personally identifiable info has been covered since it's the forums after all, but this will show you what I mean. http://i1122.photobucket.com/albums/...ps7798051e.jpg

imagine you're in the middle of coordinating attacks/defense, and half your alliance hitters in a cluster are getting spammed 6 messages a second from multiple accounts, to where the screen flies by so fast you can't even scroll up to see what your alliance mates typed. Top it with a hack that prevents blocking players, and you can effectively shut down your enemy's ability to communicate, call for help, see calls for help, etc. It's a game changer in bloody wars. It also causes immense player lag, the flood of whispers and scrolling messages. Effectively you can stop a player from even sending waves if you add enough bots doing the spamming. I could function somewhat when he uses 4 bots to spam whisper, but at 5 I was disabled. Anyone else learns to do this, or if it's used by more than just this guy, and evony will have a real issue on their hands. It's this kind of stuff I reference when I mention employees being accessible for emergency situation, or a thread for vital hacks/problems, etc.
    Last edited by Savannah_Lion; 06-13-2013 at 01:44 PM.

For the sake of reference "L" is the only person in my blocklist. "W" is the dude in question. It clearly gives me an error that "W" is already on my list when in fact he isn't. Any other player on my server can be blocked, except him and any alt he uses. That is my reference point of it being an exploit, it's unique to him. None of my friends can block it either. All personally identifiable info has been covered since it's the forums after all, but this will show you what I mean. http://i1122.photobucket.com/albums/...ps7798051e.jpg

imagine you're in the middle of coordinating attacks/defense, and half your alliance hitters in a cluster are getting spammed 6 messages a second from multiple accounts, to where the screen flies by so fast you can't even scroll up to see what your alliance mates typed. Top it with a hack that prevents blocking players, and you can effectively shut down your enemy's ability to communicate, call for help, see calls for help, etc. It's a game changer in bloody wars. It also causes immense player lag, the flood of whispers and scrolling messages. Effectively you can stop a player from even sending waves if you add enough bots doing the spamming. I could function somewhat when he uses 4 bots to spam whisper, but at 5 I was disabled. Anyone else learns to do this, or if it's used by more than just this guy, and evony will have a real issue on their hands. It's this kind of stuff I reference when I mention employees being accessible for emergency situation, or a thread for vital hacks/problems, etc.
    lol it was such a wall of text I missed something ok :P

and saw the pic wow he really is spamming ye lol

use Skype instead its handier then ac plus if some one has refresh they wont lose the trail of things

Na50 - SKORPIAN - 427
    Na55 - Potatoes - 7

Retired from All Servers

That was just 1 account, all that plus more in one minute. can you imagine the lag and lockup when he has 5 running on me at once?

That was just 1 account, all that plus more in one minute. can you imagine the lag and lockup when he has 5 running on me at once?
    like i said use skype :P

Na50 - SKORPIAN - 427
    Na55 - Potatoes - 7

Retired from All Servers

Being a senior moderator for another game, I can say that the customer service on Evony does lag behind other companies.

I understand the confidentiality part, but taking several days is a little much. Issues should be investigated and dealt with in no more than two days at the max. I'm not sure how Evony's support staff operates or if they're part of the Community Management division in the company. Maybe they lack the employees to handle/take care of the issues that are being taken advantage of. I think players have suggested in the past about hiring game supporters/moderators. Similar to that of the forum moderators but their primary goal is to deal with in-game tickets/issues and take appropriate action.

Of course there would be some moderators that would want to take advantage of their power but isn't that why their is a leadership/hierarchy within the Community Management division? I think making your customers happy would be the first priority for ANY company. Certainly not letting rule breaches, etc ruin it for the rest of the players. I for one know that a lot of people quit when bots started taking over the Evony world. While captchas helped decrease this activity it didn't stop it and the bots started to learn how to input the code from their end.

All in all, something needs to be done to restore the game to what it use to be! I enjoyed Evony and would like to see it be a fun/enjoyable game like it once was!

~ Lane
    http://i765.photobucket.com/albums/xx292/morgana5/Forum%20Sigs/RMD.png
    Credit goes to Morgan le Fay for the awesome sig !

just a hint... dont be going off at that ppl that might be trying to help you, they get stuck by the same rules and regs that you do at work. i dun care what job you have but you have non diclosure rules rite? and you want your customers to respect them, respect them of others? it might be your off line time but your now abusing somone at work. be nice.
    if i wanted to play age II i would be.

Quote Originally Posted by MechHead View Post
    i applied for the forum mod job and they gave it to some noob like deuc who spends most of his time on the forums talking about tynon

no offense deuc
    I applied for it too mech. its not like they dont still have 2 mod spots open. But yeah Mr.Tynon got it :P

Fan of BOTS!!! ( Auto-Bots Of Course )

Quote Originally Posted by davemata View Post
    If a player has questions directly for staff, the best option is to file a helpspot ticket.

It's a matter of time and resources. We just don't have the resources to dedicate to answering everything in the forum. We will share info when we have it, and make announcements when we need to, but there just isn't enough hands for something like that.
    Do you have time to explain The Leaf of the Tree , Dave?