Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast

Thread: Roll call for one last shot at a forum thread

Default This Thread Aint Gonna Die...

I was asked recently whether a server merger would occur. Without evony announcing it, no one can know - but it got me thinking - do you all think a server merger would necessarily be a good thing and solve all our problems?

I think I read somewhere how ssf figured its not exactly ss38's time using the example of s4 that needed it, whereas s5 and s6 didn't "need" it. I don't know when that was posted, ssf?

Anyway, I feel a server merger wouldn't exactly "fix" all our problems or give us more then 2-4 months delight. I could yap on how b0ts & multi accs TOGETHER ruined the game, but that's beside the point. I feel a server merger would only "upgrade" competitiveness and drive the number of multi accs & war city burns upwards. I feel it would kill off the lower class, that IS still there, despite it numbering so few.

So why not engage with them?

In accordance with the ToS, the following does NOT promote in-game violations and I can understand it being subject to review.

Why not convert a feeder into an account (no, I'm not using forums to encourage violations) that would be self-sufficient and capable of fighting, and then make alliances like Junior Dacia, TJ, 411, UA6, etc - named something else, perhaps even mixing players from different alliances for diversity - and have them war, or mix with, the smaller alliances? This would level the playing field, and could actually be fun assuming bigger accs don't interefere in "skirmishes"

Saxony, Lower Lorraine, North March are some states that are the least populated and number the least cities. Why not designate a state or two as a "safe zone" or ""arena" for the Junior League & smaller alliances to fight over it?

Imagine having to use pike bombs, bows & hammers, mini mech/mech breakers as main waves again!

This would be innovative, and thus would certainly attract some players either back to the server or from different servers.

But there is one problem;

This depends on the will of ss38, and in particular, the major alliances, to make this possible and have initiative.

To be honest, I'm wasting my time typing this because I know it won't be implemented at least this far.

But I think the message is clear; If ss38 wants to have a future, it can not rely on the game to provide it - rather, it is up to us players to determine our fate.

Lets have a server-wide discussion now and please don't make me look like a fool w/out a reply hahahaha.

Thoughts?
    Last edited by MirsDej; 03-14-2015 at 07:27 AM. Reason: Making things Bold :)
    The_Just & H Miramar ss38.

I don't know if merger will ever happen. Not sure it would help but activity wise bringing in fresh blood already built up would add to the excitment. I think we have many great players on this server and would have no problem taking on fresh blood. To keep the interest I do think its needed. Waves at SSF proud to have you as one of MyGuys.

Quote Originally Posted by MirsDej View Post
    perhaps even mixing players from different alliances for diversity

Personally Dacia is my family and most have devoted themselves to their allaince. We have grown to have a strong relationship amongst who we have fought along side for years. Most of us stay playing evony because of the family we have created. That is me
    Last edited by ssfgrgawer; 03-17-2015 at 11:40 PM.
    Good girls go to heaven, bad girls go everywhere.

Quote Originally Posted by bitty6625 View Post
    Personally Dacia is my family and most have devoted themselves to their allaince. We have grown to have a strong relationship amongst who we have fought along side for years. Most of us stay playing evony because of the family we have created. That is me
    Yeah, though what I meant was the major alliances and their alts, etc, would remain - I was bringing up the idea of the bigger alliances creating smaller versions of themselves that could battle/train/add excitement to the other small alliances In the process, the smaller alliances would find a reason to build up and provide fresh blood to the server.

Ty for posting! Hope we see more Dacia here too

+ I feel the same way about Miramar ( a skeleton now) - when it draws its last breathe, that's when I will quit the 2nd and last time. Everyone has a history and their experiences to value.
    __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ____________________________________

Added: *tumbleweed... crickets chirp... Na´ve Dej goes to his corner again...*
    Last edited by MirsDej; 03-17-2015 at 11:37 PM. Reason: Tumbleweed.

Quote Originally Posted by bitty6625 View Post
    I don't know if merger will ever happen. Not sure it would help but activity wise bringing in fresh blood already built up would add to the excitment. I think we have many great players on this server and would have no problem taking on fresh blood. To keep the interest I do think its needed. Waves at SSF proud to have you as one of MyGuys.

omg Bitty back on the forums, who'da thunk it!

As to my thoughts on the subject. During the last competition held by Dacia, We worked together with TheJust and made teams up combining members of both alliances. we had 4 teams, with mixed players who worked together to get huge scores. it was a great contest, and even tho many players didnt score much above 50 points a great number of people participated and we had great teamwork between the teams and people.

This was our attempt to bring some life back and for many of us it did. I thoroughly enjoyed the whole thing and even scored quite a number of points myself.

AS for the idea of Smaller accs joining smaller alliances - I dont see this working. 1 war account is a lot of work to maintain, and quite a lot of food. while im sure quite a few people on the server run more then 1 war account, starting another just adds more work to an already time consuming game, and a lot of us simply dont have the time we had 5 years ago to spend making yet another account, hence why alliance and world chats all over are quiet, and why everyone plays a lot less then they used to.

I understand what your saying, But i cant see people wanting to begin more accounts to work on, and joining other alliances with them for this purpose. its just too much work, not to mention more strain on most peoples already strained computers.

Sig Courtesy Of Sickness!
    Bomben - Great Phract Smack - My History
    Quote Originally Posted by davemata View Post
    ssssssssffffdrdrawers. You can't tell me to stop being who I am.

Quote Originally Posted by ssfgrgawer View Post
    omg Bitty back on the forums, who'da thunk it!

As to my thoughts on the subject. During the last competition held by Dacia, We worked together with TheJust and made teams up combining members of both alliances. we had 4 teams, with mixed players who worked together to get huge scores. it was a great contest, and even tho many players didnt score much above 50 points a great number of people participated and we had great teamwork between the teams and people.

This was our attempt to bring some life back and for many of us it did. I thoroughly enjoyed the whole thing and even scored quite a number of points myself.

AS for the idea of Smaller accs joining smaller alliances - I dont see this working. 1 war account is a lot of work to maintain, and quite a lot of food. while im sure quite a few people on the server run more then 1 war account, starting another just adds more work to an already time consuming game, and a lot of us simply dont have the time we had 5 years ago to spend making yet another account, hence why alliance and world chats all over are quiet, and why everyone plays a lot less then they used to.

I understand what your saying, But i cant see people wanting to begin more accounts to work on, and joining other alliances with them for this purpose. its just too much work, not to mention more strain on most peoples already strained computers.
    Understandable. I thought it was worth trying to propose something, as I felt we need to have a discussion going on not a brick wall on the issues facing ss38 today.

So perhaps toning it down would be best -> if the major alliances can agree to designate a state where smaller alliances would be guaranteed to not be hassled, then even alone smaller alliances could have localised battles and wars w/out fear or impediment to their growth. Reasonable? Ik that TJ and Dacia mostly leave them all be, with TJ in the past even helping SLAYERZ out and also allowing some DrkTower to remain in Thuringia where they have been for years. On the 411 front, everything is silent unfortunately. Hopefully ck could address this on their behalf.

I heard of that team competition from Blacky, a very good idea. Good on you all. Congratz to Apogee's and Xiom's team for winning (Am I right? lol)

-> As for the acc idea, -100m/h would be fair play with these smaller alliances, even less... It shouldn't be THAT much of a burden because the point is to keep a level playing field and not out-number the smaller alliance 1000:1 lol.
    Last edited by MirsDej; 03-18-2015 at 12:27 AM.

Bittyyyyy

-> As for the acc idea, -100m/h would be fair play with these smaller alliances, even less... It shouldn't be THAT much of a burden because the point is to keep a level playing field and not out-number the smaller alliance 1000:1 lol.
    I cant see many agreeing to that. Most players i know cant fight with 100m/h citys anymore. large citys alow for more unpredictability. will he mech me or will he drop walls and phract smack me into the next century. smaller citys dont have that luxury. with smaller towns you are required to work harder and find ways to deal the utmost damage with the minimum losses. This leads to hit and run warfare.

The other issue i spot is this part:

Understandable.
    So perhaps toning it down would be best -> if the major alliances can agree to designate a state where smaller alliances would be guaranteed to not be hassled, then even alone smaller alliances could have localised battles and wars w/out fear or impediment to their growth.
    As it stands now, most every state is represented alt wise by all 3 major remaining factions. due to the enormous war citys being dragged around the server "ET, Burberry and Luckydog im looking at you guys" they need a LOT of food to remain functional, so alts now cover the entire map. Farming everywhere suck. For an alliance to pull all its alts/mains out of any given stat would be an enormous task. your talking thousands of citys. While i do agree smaller alliances should be left to grow on their own, i dont see the big three being able to do that, losing a state for farming is not something the mega war citys can afford to do. so im unsure if it would work the way you planned.

Sig Courtesy Of Sickness!
    Bomben - Great Phract Smack - My History
    Quote Originally Posted by davemata View Post
    ssssssssffffdrdrawers. You can't tell me to stop being who I am.

Quote Originally Posted by ssfgrgawer View Post
    I cant see many agreeing to that. Most players i know cant fight with 100m/h citys anymore. large citys alow for more unpredictability. will he mech me or will he drop walls and phract smack me into the next century. smaller citys dont have that luxury. with smaller towns you are required to work harder and find ways to deal the utmost damage with the minimum losses. This leads to hit and run warfare.

The other issue i spot is this part:

As it stands now, most every state is represented alt wise by all 3 major remaining factions. due to the enormous war citys being dragged around the server "ET, Burberry and Luckydog im looking at you guys" they need a LOT of food to remain functional, so alts now cover the entire map. Farming everywhere suck. For an alliance to pull all its alts/mains out of any given stat would be an enormous task. your talking thousands of citys. While i do agree smaller alliances should be left to grow on their own, i dont see the big three being able to do that, losing a state for farming is not something the mega war citys can afford to do. so im unsure if it would work the way you planned.
    I only proposed all this to facilitate inter-server communication. This topic already died down, and I didn't even expect you or anyone to bring it back up. But as idiotic or idealist I may have sounded, there was an attempt that did not receive enough momentum to stimulate a debate. The reality is neither the game or the players collectively can make a difference on the macro level.

Thus, my silence on this thread was an implied moving-on. Instead, I'm doing things on a micro level with outstanding support from The_Just (Blackhands and Hesstified named notably, but not only them) and a special thanks to Tusc, Dayenna and Stryder who fuel our teamwork and growth by giving even the weakest of us a reason to login regularily.

And hey NDY, nice to see you fixed up them forum difficulties you experienced Good to see you around.
    Last edited by MirsDej; 04-30-2015 at 07:38 AM.

I see the pros and cons to this idea of designated states where new accounts and players could grow. Good idea but as is always the case there will be people who support the bigger alliances (as your tag line states "with TJ and Dacia), bigger players will stuff these smaller accounts with res sitting in a safe zone. As an example I capped a small account in Swabia yesterday with over 250billion in resources and a lvl1240 attack hero, sadly the hero ran at loyalty 2. I would have rather let the account countdown to 0 on it's own but you have to continue to spam an account when bot is running. An idea can be built off of this and think it is a good step in the right direction as I feel that it is up to us to fix our server. Open to any thoughts and think we should continue thinking about this. Farming areas? I think I can say that I'm one of the few....very few that keep my cities to one state and don't intrude on others farming areas even though my state is littered with red cities. My thoughts have always been it is a game and should be fun, I'm happy to let my enemies farm and grow and build up nice drop cities and then port on them....I know some feel that "HUBS" have ruined the game, matter of fact the alliance with the most and largest it is their slogan "NO HUBS ALLOWED" lol....maybe we use the designated states as an idea for the remaining alliances out there? Pick 2 and everyone else port out?......

But then again, how will the spammers get their points for these competitions? lol

I still think I finished in the top 3 during the TJ/Dacia comp........I demand a recount!

so let the thoughts pour out peeps......

Quote Originally Posted by jakrough View Post
    I see the pros and cons to this idea of designated states where new accounts and players could grow. Good idea but as is always the case there will be people who support the bigger alliances (as your tag line states "with TJ and Dacia), bigger players will stuff these smaller accounts with res sitting in a safe zone. As an example I capped a small account in Swabia yesterday with over 250billion in resources and a lvl1240 attack hero, sadly the hero ran at loyalty 2. I would have rather let the account countdown to 0 on it's own but you have to continue to spam an account when bot is running. An idea can be built off of this and think it is a good step in the right direction as I feel that it is up to us to fix our server. Open to any thoughts and think we should continue thinking about this. Farming areas? I think I can say that I'm one of the few....very few that keep my cities to one state and don't intrude on others farming areas even though my state is littered with red cities. My thoughts have always been it is a game and should be fun, I'm happy to let my enemies farm and grow and build up nice drop cities and then port on them....I know some feel that "HUBS" have ruined the game, matter of fact the alliance with the most and largest it is their slogan "NO HUBS ALLOWED" lol....maybe we use the designated states as an idea for the remaining alliances out there? Pick 2 and everyone else port out?......

But then again, how will the spammers get their points for these competitions? lol

I still think I finished in the top 3 during the TJ/Dacia comp........I demand a recount!

so let the thoughts pour out peeps......
    Glad to see you around, Siege I appreciate the thoughtful post you have written.

Nice city cap. I wasn't online to save it, unfortunately.

The idea won't work as I presented it, but its a good thing that we have this discussion.

Although its only we that can do something about, the flaws in the idea show just how necessary it is for the game to intervene and enact systematic reform. Neither major alliance will want to relinquish control over their state or waste items moving cities out, nor will our two sides trust each other to ensure smaller alliance don't act as resource depots/hidden silos. Miramar's relationship with TJ and Dacia is set in stone, hence the tag line, but don't assume alliances DrkTower, Gothic, Slayerz, ASGARD, etc, are 'us.' Its only the occasional assistance they may receive against Us6 or 411 when they have no other option to reset, just enough help to help them enjoy the game but certainly not enough to diminish their independence.

411 and Usarmy would do the server justice if they lessened, unfair to say eliminate, the pressure on Slayerz, Gothic and DrkTower.

Understandably, your side will demand concessions, and so it just goes to show how difficult it is to work this out.

But lets keep talking about it anyway

P.S. I feel the same way about Lombardy like you Burgundy lol. There is something about a 'home state' that gives me at least a greater degree of motivation to play the game.

P.P.S Siege, do you know kind of flowers Day likes? We are just meant to be Round 8 HERE WE GO in I'm predicting 5-7hrs lol.
    Last edited by MirsDej; 05-30-2015 at 03:01 AM.