Thread: Defending(BETA)

Default Defending(BETA)

At the minute,defensive wise the game isn't doing so well,its too easy for attackers to destroy people....mainly due to some minor flaws.
    *Frozen blade,this ability can CRIPPLE a otherwise solid defense,its the gate breaker of Commanders of Evony in some respects. That 5-6 seconds delay is enough for the enemy troops to breach your walls and leave you pretty much stuffed,they killed your defenses,and then your helpless.Perharps a nerf is required.

*Also,why aren't troops allowed to defend? At least people should have the option to allow their troops to defend?
    Lordluk
    Source of terrible jokes,want proof?

i agree with the need to be able to have troops defend. whether or not freezing is broken im not so sure about. i dont typically use it - perhaps i dont know how to use it as effectively as others, but i just dont prefer it.
    Stal/Nerds
    Age1 - s152 - Rebellion/TAKEDOWN (retired)
    Age2 - CA4 - CandySto/187, 21, ReU/666/666_324 (Found Partner) (dormant)
    CoE - ClosedBeta1 - TAKEDOWN (left/got bored)
    Discipline Honor Determination

Quote Originally Posted by LordLuk View Post
    At the minute,defensive wise the game isn't doing so well,its too easy for attackers to destroy people....mainly due to some minor flaws.
    *Frozen blade,this ability can CRIPPLE a otherwise solid defense,its the gate breaker of Commanders of Evony in some respects. That 5-6 seconds delay is enough for the enemy troops to breach your walls and leave you pretty much stuffed,they killed your defenses,and then your helpless.Perharps a nerf is required.

*Also,why aren't troops allowed to defend? At least people should have the option to allow their troops to defend?
    betas only been open 5 days, none of us are in a position to declare any area of the game under or overpowered unless its blatantly obviously so. in my opinion defending seems ok atm. i have a feeling theres a lot more to be learnt, but my current defenses have faired well with a roughly 60/70% success rate even vs this freezing spell which seems to be a popular one. but i am trying out new layouts all the time.
    Quote Originally Posted by cushseth View Post
    I'm taking it so hard, so so hard.
    NA43: Relapse
    NA33: INSOMNIA (retired)

I agree with Anja.
    Change up your def and you should have better luck with combating the freezing. I know when I am attacking my hero choice strongly depends on how the defense is structured. if I see groups of def structures that can be easily frozen I choose that hero.

Maybe it is just me but Defense seems to have really improved. Has anybody else noticed this? Either they made the walls stronger when they changed their look or maybe as people are improving strategy it is more difficult.
    I am loosing a lot more battles and when i loose a defense I am winning more and even the ones i loose are very close.

Quote Originally Posted by brennerckk View Post
    Maybe it is just me but Defense seems to have really improved. Has anybody else noticed this? Either they made the walls stronger when they changed their look or maybe as people are improving strategy it is more difficult.
    I am loosing a lot more battles and when i loose a defense I am winning more and even the ones i loose are very close.
    The walls have definitely been made stronger. TBH tho ...... there's a big chance I will be leaving the closed beta soonish. It just doesnt capture my attention and ... idk what else, but honestly just not my game .....................
    Stal/Nerds
    Age1 - s152 - Rebellion/TAKEDOWN (retired)
    Age2 - CA4 - CandySto/187, 21, ReU/666/666_324 (Found Partner) (dormant)
    CoE - ClosedBeta1 - TAKEDOWN (left/got bored)
    Discipline Honor Determination