Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Issues I personally have with COE

Default Issues I personally have with COE

Firstly id like to say im enjoying the COE beta so far, its new, fresh and fun and holds to the familiar style of evony age 1 and 2 that i used to love.

But there are a few issues i have.

firstly is the res production, it simply isnt sufficient given the large costs involved with upgrades, i feel either the upgrades need to be cheapened, or the res production needs to be increased. For example i have 4 lvl 6/7 goldmines and farms which produce roughly 100k of each res a day. but given the cost of upgrading walls and your towncentre, producing the more powerful/expensive units required to kill the tougher defenses players have and doing tech levels on my troops, this res production barely covers the unit production, in fact with 100k goods, i could do 3 matches against tough players, and then im broke for the day with nothing left for upgrades(assuming i get no res from said players). Plundering players isnt great now players have grown wise to not leaving large res counts in their cities, its a spend it or lose it game.

Secondly i'd like to see surviving units in battles returned. As mentioned, army production is expensive and it doesnt make sense that surviving units of battles arent returned.

Thirdly, i hope that the ability to buy res with gems is only a beta feature as the coiner inbalance would destroy this game. for instance if i dropped 5k$ day one i could buy myself to a far higher level than everybodyelse using res purchases and speedups and plunder all around me once protections up. I agree that coining should provide an advantage, like it did on evony age 1 and 2, but not to the extent where you can literally buy your way to the top.
    Quote Originally Posted by cushseth View Post
    I'm taking it so hard, so so hard.
    NA43: Relapse
    NA33: INSOMNIA (retired)

I can agree with liking the game. It isn't nearly as stressful as age 1 or 2. No worries about million man armies and such. I don't do any RPG games, but this doesn't bother me. There are goals to get to, such as quests and the tournament, and it gives me motivation to work hard.

I also think that prices for upgrades on buildings and defenses are getting rough. It is hard to find someone with a decent amount of resources to do any major upgrades. I get to do a little here and there now, but it's baby steps. I see cities with lvl 9 or 10 walls, but low lvls on farms and gold mines. That may have been gained earlier on when there wasn't a limit on general energy, but still hard to believe with just 75k coins for 1 wall up to lvl 6.

The academy is funky and shows random troops upgrading, even some I have done already, but now show I don't have credit for.

I do like the gameplay, the graphics, less stress involved, the honor system, and even the fighting sequence. You have a little more control over your destiny and adds more strategy to the game. I already don't want to look at age 1 much due to the fun I am having here. It's a much more level playing field here (at least so far).

Any new patches or features coming soon?
    http://i199.photobucket.com/albums/aa137/DeMenTed_Angell/Evony%20Pics/MoonDMTsig.gif
    My name is Dem And I'm an Evonyholic!!
    =( Evony is making me go Sober!!
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
    (")_(")signature to help him gain world domination

Thumbs up

As with building from scratch - and becoming the best - this is an even playing field in beta( no coining ).

Your puny town has 5 options to consider. ( each 1 will have you moving stuff around )

1 . Campaigns - shows how you apply strategy offensively.

2 . Invasions - shows how you apply strategy defensively.

3 . Match - shows how 'Bad-ass' you are at Randomly chosen targeted players. BOTH Offensively (& Defensively - notice the 'revenge' option).

4 . Map - with alliance controlling HC's - a further consideration. Your Area !

Alliance helping fill Guild Hall & Contributing to Guild Funds ( great start to the 'team playing'),

Multi-Plundering a Hostile on the map, may need tweaking though ?
    Why remove 'Guild Wars' - it needs a brief test ???

for the people that have been Evonians for a while, it is pretty much a great start to AgeIII

These are my opinions for the closed beta ! . . . Enjoy ( O.0)_'
    Last edited by DroidBot; 11-03-2013 at 01:38 PM. Reason: omission
    If at first you don't succeed, . Maybe skydiving's not for you !. .

I agree with all the OP's issues. It's very hard to get the resources needed to build anything. With the matches being so popular, you can't hold resources until you have 100K you're gonna lose them way before you hit what you need.
    http://img810.imageshack.us/img810/2738/194034560510910720.gif

I agree also with the resources thing. Though I could figure out how to get the resources to 100k for upgrades. How in the world would you get to 1mil goods (lvl 8 barricks) without being hit and loosing 30%? Even if players have like 20k goods that you can plunder (hard to find seems) you still are likely to use 15k-18k worth of troops to get the goods. So you are netting lets optimistically say 5k goods per hit? You would have to hit 200 people like this fairly quickly but then you run into the hero energy issue. Not sure how you would be able to really do this.

I'm having lag, freeze and crash issues associated with trying to maintain an age 2 account while running CoE on the same machine.

It doesn't matter if it is on different browser windows or different tabs in the same window.

It could be a flashplayer issue.

Does anyone else try to multi-task different evony games?

If so, does it cause performance problems?

Quote Originally Posted by brennerckk View Post
    I agree also with the resources thing. Though I could figure out how to get the resources to 100k for upgrades. How in the world would you get to 1mil goods (lvl 8 barricks) without being hit and loosing 30%? Even if players have like 20k goods that you can plunder (hard to find seems) you still are likely to use 15k-18k worth of troops to get the goods. So you are netting lets optimistically say 5k goods per hit? You would have to hit 200 people like this fairly quickly but then you run into the hero energy issue. Not sure how you would be able to really do this.
    yes the more i play and the more i upgrade and the pricier said upgrades become, it becomes more apparent how inadequate the resource production is. if it wasnt forthe daily gems, i would still have a lvl 3 townhall. i'm not exaggerating when i say i believe the res prod needs to be tripled to keep up with the costs.

i assume the purpose of this beta is a thorough testing of the game where players max tech levels and builds etc? if so then more gems are needed, because a sort of brickwall is being hit now in terms of advancement, as daily gems have to be waited on to purchase the res for the upgrades.

and im not referring to these players in the top 10 who magically have lvl 10 walls, very impressive given that the lvl 6 wall upgrade is 75k gold per a wall piece(given that my res prod barely covers 2 wall pieces a day this is gonna take a long time) i shudder to think what the cost of lvl 10 walls were. and more interestingly, where they obtained the gold to build them.

Maybe if the glitchers would tell us how to plunder 2.3 billion resources in less than a day, we could all build up walls better.
    http://i199.photobucket.com/albums/aa137/DeMenTed_Angell/Evony%20Pics/MoonDMTsig.gif
    My name is Dem And I'm an Evonyholic!!
    =( Evony is making me go Sober!!
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
    (")_(")signature to help him gain world domination

Simple fix, I played this for 2 minutes and noticed I had played this games months back

Get your smart phone out, if you haven't already. Download Clash of Clans. It is exactly the same

another problem im seeing is that defending generals receive no exp from defending.