Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Gameplay issues - CoE

Default Gameplay issues - CoE

I'm making this thread as a general issues with playing CoE of all sorts. Mostly efficiency issues but also glitches and exploits that alter the level of the playing field. I will keep this updated with problems I find as I play and would love validation by others and additional findings of problems/ issues they have.

Problems Post 1.0:

#1: Unlimited exploit:

There was an exploit unveiled early in Beta that seems to have become rampantly used in larger/higher level alliances. The unveiling was by Daisy and is shown to be used by evidence such as extraordinary building levels of many players and extreme ranks of generals and players. Ganjaturtle is a prime example of this last bit.

#2 and 3: Resource Problem leading to troop problem

As many have pointed out there is a major problem with resource production. The main way I have found to gain resources is the use of matches and, before having finished the 100th wave, those as well. Today, however, I noticed two changes - one minimally helpful, the other increasingly and extraordinarily bothersome. From what I have seen it looks like res production per field has increased - need to test it more of course but it seems that might be the case. The second is that heavy infantry, which I have mainly used, are now twice the cost they were earlier today. As many people use these to attack, this impacts everyone as more goods are used up leaving less profit for others to gain leaving fewer goods to be used to make heavy infantry and so on and so forth until there is a minimal amount of goods available. I predict this will force players to find ways around using heavy infantry in order to make a profit and continue attacking, however the extreme walls and defenses that many have due to the aforementioned exploit. Also to be noted is the increase in cost for thieves and infantry from 25 each to 40.

#4: Hero Energy:

The loss of hero energy seems to be very extreme. From what I can tell the amount loss doesn't correlate directly in a 1:1 ration to battles fought, and I'm not sure whether or not it even correlates to the amount of mana used in battle - it is, however, a pain in the @ss.

#5: Heros' specials:

Well I have used Cleopatra a handful of times since I got her about 3-5 days ago or more... I find her unbeneficial to use without any specials. I would love to see this change.

#6: Glitched placement of troops:

I watch every battle I win or lose that is directed against me. On some of them, I have noticed troops dropped in areas with no light green allowing them to be placed. They are dropped on top of defenses or walls which I was under the impression should not be possible. Also, there are sometimes glitched images when attacking or defending of troops (usually those wall bombers) who still seems to be running (in place). They make no change to anything in battle as it seems they have died just not shown visually, but it is a little confusing - battle ends properly whether or not they are running or lay down and die.

Edit:

#7: Academy struggles:

Academy shows upgrades happening on troops despite no upgrades being queued nor upgrades happening after they are "finished." This makes it impossible to do upgrades when you really do want them whether on the building or troops.

So what do you think? What issues have you found? I will be making updates in later posts or just updating this as to not double post.

Stal
    Vice Host of TAKEDOWN
    Discipline Honor Determination

ps format for updates: (problempostnumber).(problem).(updatenumber) ie: 1.1.1 would be the first update for #1 on this post.

Update 1.2/3.1:

Just talked with my host about this and here is what he told me - things make more sense now.

(regarding heavy infantry increase and the use of the academy)
    [Guild] Mr_G-War: they use to be 500 once i upgraded acad to lvl 3 they went to 1000\
    [Guild] Mr_G-War: tiff just got 2 stars on hers and they are 1500 now
    [Guild] Mr_G-War: so each star lvl they have jumped up 500

That increase in cost, however, I don't feel is adequately compensated by performance/ability to profit. I think it needs to be looked at again by evony.
    Last edited by Stal; 11-04-2013 at 08:52 PM.
    Stal/Nerds
    Age1 - s152 - Rebellion/TAKEDOWN (retired)
    Age2 - CA4 - CandySto/187, 21, ReU/666/666_324 (Found Partner) (dormant)
    CoE - ClosedBeta1 - TAKEDOWN (left/got bored)

I agree with the exploits of GanjaTurtle. He has top 3 generals in rank now, was lv 97, and suddenly is lv 115 earlier. He has plundered 25 mil+ resources now in less than 24 hrs since new Master Tournament started. I have been sitting in front of the computer a lot, and never see GanjaTurtle plundering and destroying cities by announcements.

I have not run across troop placement problems against me so far. I have seen troops that stop taking damage or damaging a wall, they just stand there and swing. It is usually only 1 or 2 troops, not a horde of them.

As far as general energy goes, I have noticed that if you win a match, sometimes the energy goes down about 22 or 23, but if you lose the battle, you lose like 40 energy. I understand losing 20 energy to do the battle, but lose an additional 20 energy for losing is rough.

Yes, as you research troops, their cost goes up. I don't think much harm is there for that, additional cost for stronger troops. I think that eventually plunders will go 6 digits often.

I would like to see Cleopatra's abilities unlocked also, but I would have to guess that more generals, additional features of PvP that we haven't seen yet, and much more is to come. I use Cleo a lot and of course can't use mana, and I have lost anywhere from 20 to 40 a battle, including odd numbers with no consistency.

Feel free to amend information how you see fit into your format. I am glad to see others complaining of glitching and exploiting, it ruins the experience. Nothing like finding a city in match with lvl 10 walls, then clicking next because you know there is no chance in hell of making headway there.....
    http://i199.photobucket.com/albums/aa137/DeMenTed_Angell/Evony%20Pics/MoonDMTsig.gif
    My name is Dem And I'm an Evonyholic!!
    =( Evony is making me go Sober!!
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
    (")_(")signature to help him gain world domination

Quote Originally Posted by Stal View Post
    So what do you think? What issues have you found?
    The main issue that i have found is that uCool should be spending more effort in fixing the bugs in their other games than using up all their resources in this new game which is a rip-off of clash of clans.

Last edited by YaYo1995; 11-04-2013 at 09:00 PM.

you are correct about the cost of units going up when the star lvl is upgraded. And I agree they are less beneficial now. would like to dial it back down honestly.
    I spent 5k going through the matches trying to find somebody with more than 12k goods (only 12 heavy infantry to break even.) I can't see ever building an elephant for 35k, not that i am there yet, but how will you ever make that back in matches? How long and how much would it cost to find that both useful and be able to pay for itself.

I wonder if this looks familiar:

Quote Originally Posted by YaYo1995 View Post
    The main issue that i have found is that uCool should be spending more effort in fixing the bugs in their other games than using up all their resources in this new game which is a rip-off of clash of clans.

While i recognize that for many that is the first issue they come across, I am ignoring that and taking it from the premiss that the game exists as it is whether or not its a ripoff. From there, what are the problems? What needs to be changed to allow the best experience/most efficient/logical?
    Stal/Nerds

Default Problems post #2

Problems Post #2:

#1:
    Group message inoperable:

Neither me (a vh) nor my host can send group messages that our guild can see. Pretty basic problem, should be a basic fix.

#2: Guild castle placed in the middle of city:

I have been able to do it as well as have it done to me. I can place the guild castle in the middle of the defenders city. In the recent past I don't remember being able to do it. In general I don't think it should be allowed. If I can't get my own troops in there why should my guild's reinforcements be able to. The premiss of many many defenses are undermined by this feature.

I was talking with a friend and he had some ideas/suggestions on features of gameplay that could/should be corrected. Some of the ideas are borrowed from other games and I have changed some of them to allow them to work together in conjunction with what is currently in place and eachother. (numbers refer to the numbers on this post)

Gameplay suggestions:

#3:
    Choose whether or not to be in a match.

This idea is from a game my friend has played and I think may solve the problematic feature known as protection. Protection is just bs atm imo. You are SOMETIMES protected from matches while in protection, you don't seem to be protected from raids (war on map), and I have even seen the protection time run faster than IRL time. (20 minutes pass on protection in 10 minutes sorta thing). The suggestion is to create a building or built in feature that allows you to enter yourself into a pool of people to be in a match. You can attack others in there and you can be attacked. As already happens a small fee would be paid to enter matches and switch between different ones. This also presents the opportunity to remove yourself from matches for some fee supposedly greater than what it takes to enter. It also leads into the next suggestion to be used fully.

#4: Control over defense.

This is something I have heard complained about since DAY 1. Evony, people WANT to be able to control their defense. That is the essence of evony!!! This above suggestion makes it possible to do this more so than it is now. If everyone has a choice in being in a match or not, then they should be able to defend as well. The way this could be determined is that the defender gets a chance to decline or accept the match. Declining would have to result in some penalty greater than that of losing the battle (currently u lose ~30% of all res in ur city assuming the attacker can take them all). Perhaps it could be something like 35% of ur res and 2 gems or the equivalent in res are lost and put in a pot and at the end of the week that pot of stuff is divided to the top alliances/players as a reward for most matches won or something similar to what is done currently. At the very least, what needs to be done is some form of active defense to allow control of the game even if its AI like in the cleopatra waves that would be good (AI controls hero specials and uses them according to some algorithm).

#5: Res bonus for raids

This idea stems from something similar to that of a suzerain on age2. When you raid someone you are granted a certain % of their res production to aid you as continued payment for the accomplishment. This would only be for a finite amount of time (a week or so?) and would be counteracted by being raided and beaten either by the player or perhaps each time you're raided and beaten you lose all those which you have "colonized" for lack of a better term. This would give some real sense of accomplishment to winning a raid.
    Last edited by Stal; 11-07-2013 at 02:58 PM.
    Stal/Nerds

I just got booted as soon as I clicked to upgrade something and when it logs back in, I am out a decent chunk of resources. Now I don't have enough to upgrade without adding gem-bought resources to it. This happened yesterday as well, but I didn't lose out as many resources. I just logged in today, so maybe it's getting glitchy on some screens or operations.
    http://i199.photobucket.com/albums/aa137/DeMenTed_Angell/Evony%20Pics/MoonDMTsig.gif
    My name is Dem And I'm an Evonyholic!!
    =( Evony is making me go Sober!!
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
    (")_(")signature to help him gain world domination

Default Problem post #3

Gameplay Problems #3:

#1: Build time - way too long

Title says it all. Everything about CoE takes far too long to upgrade. Period. This needs to be changed. I understand it is Evony's new cash cow (or will be once out of closed beta) but even with the gems granted by evony every day, it takes far far too long to do what needs to be done.
    Stal/Nerds

Quote Originally Posted by Stal View Post
    Gameplay Problems #3:

#1: Build time - way too long

Title says it all. Everything about CoE takes far too long to upgrade. Period. This needs to be changed. I understand it is Evony's new cash cow (or will be once out of closed beta) but even with the gems granted by evony every day, it takes far far too long to do what needs to be done.
    Difficult to be a cash cow if no one plays it