Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Cheating/Multi accs

I suggested a solution to temporaraily block alts and bots, but Evony were'nt in the least bit interested as it is the multi account holders that are spending money.
    The simple solution is to freeze accounts and send a log on password (not the same one of course) to every ones e-mail address. If no log on for 4 weeks the cities are removed from the play area, just like when you lose your last city

Dude you can't be serious can you?? My original acct started on s26 age1 ,i have changed service providers about 10 times since then chasing better deals,everytime i do i have to change my email addy....i still play that email addy btw but have no access to its emails ..How many others would be in that situation?? Nice try but Dang think again please

Quote Originally Posted by buffer74 View Post
    i have changed service providers about 10 times
    ummm...lol?

All your doing EVONY is making this a game where the coiner will rule and those of us that are unable to coin will either quit playing a game they enjoy or be forced to break the rules just to keep up if you really want to lvl the playing field as you constantly say then truly make the game free and change how you use gold or some other way of getting the stuff needed to grow. BUT we all know that this will never happen you greedy *******s

Quote Originally Posted by thunderfoot View Post
    All your doing EVONY is making this a game where the coiner will rule and those of us that are unable to coin will either quit playing a game they enjoy or be forced to break the rules just to keep up if you really want to lvl the playing field as you constantly say then truly make the game free and change how you use gold or some other way of getting the stuff needed to grow. BUT we all know that this will never happen you greedy *******s
    Here are the 2 options:

1. We put a stop to the botters and multi-accounters that are making the servers laggy and eventually make the game unplayable
    2. The game goes offline forever

Which do you want? There's no easy answer here. We're not doing it to be mean. We simply are not able to afford server capacity for everyone to have dozens of bots.
    Legendary Hero

Quote Originally Posted by Dawnseeker View Post
    Here are the 2 options:

1. We put a stop to the botters and multi-accounters that are making the servers laggy and eventually make the game unplayable

Which do you want? There's no easy answer here. We're not doing it to be mean. We simply are not able to afford server capacity for everyone to have dozens of bots.
    Number 1!

Retired players like me who have just gotten wind of the new changes might just come back and play again!

Dawn, Just need to fix the proxy/vpn issue, and your new system is almost perfect!

Here are the 2 options:

Um, I vote 1. If that is even possible.
    Rather fail with honor than succeed by fraud - Sophocles

lol evony is a multi million dollar company and can't afford more servers? easy way to fix this. 1) stop opening new servers that no one plays on seem's every week now there is a new server open. 2) merg alot of the servers alot of servers with people on them are almost dead any ways. so that rite there is saveing space. and 3) buy more systems you can make a great system for under 2k. so idk what the issue is those are very simple fixes. and im sure you have seen it in other post but the whole ip restriction is gonna fall apart people already found out how to log all there accounts in from what im hearing

Here are the 2 options:

Quote Originally Posted by BigRat View Post
    lol evony is a multi million dollar company and can't afford more servers? easy way to fix this. 1) stop opening new servers that no one plays on seem's every week now there is a new server open. 2) merg alot of the servers alot of servers with people on them are almost dead any ways. so that rite there is saveing space. and 3) buy more systems you can make a great system for under 2k. so idk what the issue is those are very simple fixes. and im sure you have seen it in other post but the whole ip restriction is gonna fall apart people already found out how to log all there accounts in from what im hearing
    I'm going to assume you dont have a background in business or IT, so I'll give you a brief explanation. Server computers and personal computers are not in the same league in terms of cost. Servers are vastly more expensive in cost to purchase, cost to run, and cost to maintain. Being a "multimillion dollar company" is not relevant. Every business with more than 5 employees is a "multimillion dollar company."

Like most businesses, we run on thin profit margins. There's not some guy running Evony on a PC in his basement. We have deals worked out with several internet datacenters who host and provide power and internet for our servers. This creates enormous costs associated with running the game and those costs must be paid for by players, or else we go out of business and no one gets to play.

These costs include server processing capacity and internet throughput capacity. The more players we have connected to our servers, the more it costs. Normally, this is a good thing. More players means that even though our costs go up, we have more people making purchases, so it pays for itself. However, with bots, our costs go up, but our income does not. That is because bots don't buy things. In fact, many people use bots instead of buying things.

It costs more and more to host all of these bots, but we aren't getting more income. Its not hard to see that our thin profit margins will quickly evaporate and we won't be able to continue to function as a business. If that happens, then Evony goes dark, permanently.

So we're taking this step. We know its not popular, but we also know that we like Evony. We like our players and we want to keep operating. So we have to do the unpopular thing so that we can continue to exist.

It was our mistake to allow botting in the first place. We thought it wasn't a big deal and we could deal with it down the road. We were wrong. We messed up. Now we have to do the best we can to clean up the mess. We hope in the long term that players will understand.
    Legendary Hero

I'm going to assume you dont have a background in business or IT, so I'll give you a brief explanation. Server computers and personal computers are not in the same league in terms of cost. Servers are vastly more expensive in cost to purchase, cost to run, and cost to maintain. Being a "multimillion dollar company" is not relevant. Every business with more than 5 employees is a "multimillion dollar company."

Like most businesses, we run on thin profit margins. There's not some guy running Evony on a PC in his basement. We have deals worked out with several internet datacenters who host and provide power and internet for our servers. This creates enormous costs associated with running the game and those costs must be paid for by players, or else we go out of business and no one gets to play.

These costs include server processing capacity and internet throughput capacity. The more players we have connected to our servers, the more it costs. Normally, this is a good thing. More players means that even though our costs go up, we have more people making purchases, so it pays for itself. However, with bots, our costs go up, but our income does not. That is because bots don't buy things. In fact, many people use bots instead of buying things.

It costs more and more to host all of these bots, but we aren't getting more income. Its not hard to see that our thin profit margins will quickly evaporate and we won't be able to continue to function as a business. If that happens, then Evony goes dark, permanently.

So we're taking this step. We know its not popular, but we also know that we like Evony. We like our players and we want to keep operating. So we have to do the unpopular thing so that we can continue to exist.

It was our mistake to allow botting in the first place. We thought it wasn't a big deal and we could deal with it down the road. We were wrong. We messed up. Now we have to do the best we can to clean up the mess. We hope in the long term that players will understand.
    I'm going to agree with that as botting and multi account has ruined the game as people grow way to fast for my liking :P But removing bots full stop im not to sure about as people have got used to the bots being in game and then now being taken away with no warning is going to be hard to deal with :P But I do agree.