Thread: Grill Or barbie? You Decide.

Default Grill Or barbie? You Decide.

Ok so this is like a super mega necro of what this thread turned into:
    http://bbs.evony.com/showthread.php?...style%29/page1

but WHAT is the difference between Grilling and having a BBQ?!?!?!

Personally a BBQ is outdoors, Steak burnt just right, With a beer assisting your "Is it burnt enough yet" choice, while Grilling is what George Forman does now days (with less fat above all things pfft)

The Barbie pwns The Grill.
    Discuss.

Sig Courtesy Of Sickness!
    Bomben - Great Phract Smack - My History
    Quote Originally Posted by davemata View Post
    ssssssssffffdrdrawers. You can't tell me to stop being who I am.

Quote Originally Posted by ssfgrgawer View Post
    but WHAT is the difference between Grilling and having a BBQ?!?!?!
    Grilling is what I do with my weber, generally. Involves me using mesquite (and only), high temps (400-600F), and getting a good sear on things. Generally steaks, burgers, chicken breasts, pork steaks, etc.

Now, barbecue is something I'll do with a weber, but more generally with a smoker. Involves low temps between 225 and 275, you're using smoke for flavor, and the low and slow cooking takes a long time but makes things very tender and tasty. Ribs, pork butts, briskets. Another differentiation, is I'll grill when I want direct heat, and barbecue when I don't. Some things I make take both.

Example:
    My grilled turkey. I'll barbecue it for a couple hours over mesquite and apple wood, around 250F, indirect heat. Then, for the last twenty minutes or so, I'll crank up the heat to as high as I can get it, baste the turkey (it has been jointed) with a butter and wine mix, and then grill that beasty hard to do some excellent things to the skin and the flavor.

Flaming CHICKEN!
    Courtesy: Sturm

in canada we have bbq's