Page 1 of 44 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: 3 Accounts per IP??

Default 3 Accounts per IP??

Whats going on here evony? I heard about use implementing this new 3 accounts per IP thing on SS77 or whatever SS it is, but looks like y'all have gone and put it on 180 now??

Whats the go with this, why try to change something that has been this way for i'd say atleast 4 years now.

By the amazing Luda

So, before you eliminate long ago banned accts (some from 3 merges ago), or even try a player cap per server, keeping new accts from joining an already overpopulated server, or work on any other glitch (stuck troop ques, stuck troop deployments, market glitches, etc etc). your response is to ban all but 3 accts per IP. Well then tell me why I havent been able to log even ONE for 2 days now? at this point im sure to be in refuge and loosing everything. Ive probably spent an avg of $100 a month on this BS for over 4 years now. Thats a mistake that will never happen again. I just wish I was able to disassemble my long worked for achievements instead of not even being able to log EVEN ONE acct for days now. I can feel the evony addiction flowing away from me now. SO, tell me, what does the company CEO think of your brilliant new plan to chase away your largest sector of paying customers? Good luck when your down to 3 servers barely working with a core of never coined never will part time players. HMM wonder what the playstation 4 world has these days...... : )

they want to lose thousands of dollars by scaring away all the big spenders.... they are smart..... :\
    KevApo/Magikarp
    AK47 190?

Quote Originally Posted by KevAp View Post
    they want to lose thousands of dollars by scaring away all the big spenders.... they are smart..... :\
    They already are.. I know of at least 20 people throughout the various 'new merged' servers that are in the process of doing paypal payment disputes, as they cannot readily access the product that they have paid for. Honestly.. it's pretty darn funny.. like watching a train wreck happening in slow motion.. Evony's sales hitting a brick wall and stopping dead.

Do you really think it is good for the game for us to overload our servers by hosting dozens of bot accounts for every player? Its not sustainable. Our servers can't handle it.

By the way, we have not seen any decline in sales. Maybe you're going to boycott the game, but it seems others are taking advantage of your absence.
    Legendary Hero

Quote Originally Posted by Dawnseeker View Post
    By the way, we have not seen any decline in sales. Maybe you're going to boycott the game, but it seems others are taking advantage of your absence.
    I know I am (taking advantage). I'm taking it so hard, so so hard.
    SS37

Less QQ more PewPew

Quote Originally Posted by Prodigy the 5 View Post
    cush has a point... and he is right
    Ya.

I think it would be an awesome idea, if this is how it was when it started, but your forcing people to basically lose/ditch tons of $$ and investments that they put their time and effort into getitng/building/setting up, its not gunna make ppl too happy. If you started every NEW server with this in place, i think it would be awesome. But doing this to the old, its gunna make people quit and do chargebacks.

I can tell you this, if evony does a valentines promotion, id bet money that it will be the worst promo in a very long time. This decision will cost evonys thousands. No one will be spending significant amounts. I personally as of YESTERDAY was going to be dropping a good lil chunk to get some items, now there is literally 0 chance. even if 30$ got me 30,000 cents lol. Why spend money on a game where the creators just literally screwed over the biggest money spenders and ruined allllll of their setups?

You guys need to embrace bots, embrace alts, its already apart of age1, and its not really going away. Maybe try stuff on new servers. People will use IP hiders and changers to get around this new rule as well. Maybe for future servers put in place new rules of 3 account limit or 5 or something, but doing it to the old is only going to **** everyone off.
    KevApo/Magikarp
    AK47 190?

Quote Originally Posted by Dawnseeker View Post
    Do you really think it is good for the game for us to overload our servers by hosting dozens of bot accounts for every player? Its not sustainable. Our servers can't handle it.

yep.. and there it is folks.. Dawnseeker's highly prized Customer Service skills.

evony: we don't care about the individual account, it's all about getting mass numbers
    little guy: but I'm not getting what I paid for..
    evony: shup fool, we're investing millions into making the time-out clock have a smiley face.

Did I mention multiple accounts? or Bots? I have trouble getting into 1 account, from 1 single browser. But thank you for telling me to just stop using the product that you represent.

BTW, did you go to Franklin University? I'm sure someone told me you had a plaque with just it's initials on your desk.. Say Hi to Dave, he hasn't emailed me in a while.

Quote Originally Posted by WiiTard View Post
    yep.. and there it is folks.. Dawnseeker's highly prized Customer Service skills.

evony: we don't care about the individual account, it's all about getting mass numbers
    little guy: but I'm not getting what I paid for..
    evony: shup fool, we're investing millions into making the time-out clock have a smiley face.

Did I mention multiple accounts? or Bots? I have trouble getting into 1 account, from 1 single browser. But thank you for telling me to just stop using the product that you represent.

BTW, did you go to Franklin University? I'm sure someone told me you had a plaque with just it's initials on your desk.. Say Hi to Dave, he hasn't emailed me in a while.
    You can't play multiple accounts. If you bought more than the limit, your an idiot. Your fault. Cents arent yours. This has been discussed 15 thousand times, if your still buying things from Evony thinking they belong to you, it's your own fault.
    SS37

Less QQ more PewPew

Quote Originally Posted by Prodigy the 5 View Post
    cush has a point... and he is right
    Ya.

The servers are overloaded because they decided to merge 7 servers and 8 servers onto CA3 and CA4 respectively when CA1 had like 4. That doesn't make much sense to me. Why merge 7 when four worked before? Why not merge 4 at a time and merge those super servers later..... I just have trouble understanding the evony business model nowadays. I also find it hard to believe that with everyone complaining on forums that evony isn't losing money, or at least not maximizing profits.
    Last edited by TehTruth; 02-11-2014 at 01:21 PM.