Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Time To End Governor Powers?

Default Time To End Governor Powers?

When Governors were introduced they were a novelty and a useful power to help on some items. But now they have become a contest of who can build the most voting alts in a week.

I have never seen the Governor speak in World Chat on CA3 and if you take a snapshot of the current votes between the top two candidates this week the votes stand at roughly 25,000 v 21,000.

It's Friday so we have had 7 days of voting and everyone knows there has not been around 6500 individual players voting every day.

This race is just strangling HC battles as the only power the Gov is using is to raise the loyalty.

Removing the Gov position or the Gov loyalty power should kill the alt creation (which I guess would help ease the load on the servers) and open up the HC battleground properly.

Thanks for the feedback. I'll pass it on.
    Legendary Hero

well voting alts log in only 1 time a day so i can't see this being the cause of server lag, its the feeder accounts that spam lvl5 npc 24hrs a day that causes lag, and since lots of people 10 feeder accounts each that's a lot of spamming, Reduce how much it cost to feed troops and people won't need too spam. People can't play as the game is set now

So basically because you can't win governor you feel it is a good idea to whine about it. I am sure that if you were controlling governor you would not be on this forum wasting everyone's time. Governor is limited it can only honor/restrain/favor one account at a time for each of those powers and has to wait an hour to use them again. What your implying here is that you can only attack ONE HC or one accounts worth of HC's at a time. Come on stop the whining. I think his suggestion is purely out of a position of envy.

just make voting come at a cost............... 10m gold should do it to stop the the voting alts making a mockery out of democracy

Edit: 10m gold per vote.

YNWA

RETIRED
    XxGamblexX aka RedEyeJedi
    S137 ~ SS54 ~ NA13 ~ NA21 ~ CA1

Yeah Gamble that would be something. For everyone that claims that people are whining about governor powers.... only reason y'all are not whining is because you guys have gov lol. I have experienced the wonderful powers of gov and the annoying aspects of not having it and I am still in favor of finding a way to limit voting or potentially just throwing it out all together. If evony are comitted to making cities easy to cap and turning this into an actual war game, then they should consider removing gov.

Building a religion... a limited edition...

Quote Originally Posted by Brent2u View Post
    So basically because you can't win governor you feel it is a good idea to whine about it. I am sure that if you were controlling governor you would not be on this forum wasting everyone's time. Governor is limited it can only honor/restrain/favor one account at a time for each of those powers and has to wait an hour to use them again. What your implying here is that you can only attack ONE HC or one accounts worth of HC's at a time. Come on stop the whining. I think his suggestion is purely out of a position of envy.
    You must be one of the people that creates craptons of alts to win Governor and are butthurt because somebody thinks it's cheap.

All around me are familiar faces
    worn out places, worn out faces
    Bright and early for the daily races
    Going nowhere, going nowhere
    Current Sig Song

Quote Originally Posted by Revoltion
    Acer is the Varys of Evony.

Quote Originally Posted by Gamble View Post
    just make voting come at a cost............... 10m gold should do it to stop the the voting alts making a mockery out of democracy

Edit: 10m gold per vote.
    Now thats a good suggestion. I'll put money on it that it won't happen!
    There's nothing to see here... please move along in an orderly fashion.

On na3 the creation of voting alts went a bit crazy. So one of our players got the leaders of all the main alliances together and they all agreed it was time to abolish governor. We chose a known inactive and voted for him, and it worked very well. Occasionally when we got slack an unimportant alliance would surprise us with a win, but they never learned to use it properly and only had one or two HCs anyway.
    If you can trust your opposition to be honorable, then this may be the way to go.

On cc4 one guy is in the process of creating 2,000 alts for $1,000 usd to help in the race for gov. Evony should start selling voting alts to bump up their revenue, then sell a program to vote those alts. Or better still, just sell the position of gov to the highest bidder.