Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 22

Thread: Woah, where is everyone?

  1. #11
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Saskatchewan Canada
    Posts
    1,007

    Default

    Welcome back Mobster. Glad to see a few names i remember still kicking about

    -- Visit my Sig Shop --
    ...Click Here...

  2. #12
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    The last Historic Poster hideout
    Posts
    6,563

    Default

    Yeah 2010 was probably the peak of the forums while I was here , although a few older members may say somewhere in 2009.

    I think for evony to be popular again they'll need to either fix the major issues at hand and advertise *something* or revamp itself completely. I haven't seen a evony ad in a long time..

  3. #13
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Saskatchewan Canada
    Posts
    1,007

    Default

    Maybe if we put on a big pot of coffee people will come back? I think evony is still popular although i agree about not seeing adds lately. lots of people still play just the forums dont reflect it. I think the main problem with the forums and keeping people here is there is nothing to read not enough posts, if new people to the forums come log on there is no new posts at all half the time there for no reason for them to stay around. I remember the day when there was pages of new threads to read and people had fun here. there were all sorts of threads from guess whos next, rate my sig, the sotw .. and although these threads may have not been very informative they kept people posting and engaged. I dont feel its too late to bring some fun back to this place. Get a few people to actually start posting even a few times a day and more will follow, and as the forums become more active more people will want to join in and get talking too. If the forums can keep people online then not only does it keep the forums alive it gives all evony players from both ages and all servers a place to communicate and get away from the nonesence threads and start helping eachother with tactics or wrs and so many other things these forums used to be good for and I believe can be again.

    -- Visit my Sig Shop --
    ...Click Here...

  4. #14
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    NewZealand
    Posts
    137

    Default

    I think you hit the nail on the head right there Jade
    ThisBaka - NA28/CA2 - 187U

    ThisBaka - NA45/CA4 - 3200 (retired)

    ThisBaka - NA55 - 45 (Host)

  5. #15

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ~Jade~ View Post
    Maybe if we put on a big pot of coffee people will come back? I think evony is still popular although i agree about not seeing adds lately. lots of people still play just the forums dont reflect it. I think the main problem with the forums and keeping people here is there is nothing to read not enough posts, if new people to the forums come log on there is no new posts at all half the time there for no reason for them to stay around. I remember the day when there was pages of new threads to read and people had fun here. there were all sorts of threads from guess whos next, rate my sig, the sotw .. and although these threads may have not been very informative they kept people posting and engaged. I dont feel its too late to bring some fun back to this place. Get a few people to actually start posting even a few times a day and more will follow, and as the forums become more active more people will want to join in and get talking too. If the forums can keep people online then not only does it keep the forums alive it gives all evony players from both ages and all servers a place to communicate and get away from the nonesence threads and start helping eachother with tactics or wrs and so many other things these forums used to be good for and I believe can be again.
    I would agree with you. But There is a certain kind of people for forums. Most of the population doesn't really like them apart from for getting information, most people who ever played and were forum type people have now quit. Even truer for Evony, as there is no real information to be read about events on the forums, as their posted rather half haphazardly, and no real guides other than the npc techs guide worth reading.

    questions and answer/help sections have no real purpose, as there aren't very many "new" players anymore, and like I said, the entertainment sections (off topic/roleplay/battle reps) require certain kinds of people to enjoy them.

    At one point we had 15k-20k people ON THE FORUMS at a time. Regularly. But that was because there were hundreds of thousands, if not millions of actual players back then. I'd number real players in the low thousands now, if I had to guess. So it's not surprising the forums are dead =/

    A lot of the real charismatic Evony forum posters we all know/knew were quite strange people, if you recall. Nobody who is well liked here is normal. lol. Normal people don't post 25-100 times a day on a forum. I know I'm a borderline insane person.

    Quote Originally Posted by Reasoner View Post
    Yeah 2010 was probably the peak of the forums while I was here , although a few older members may say somewhere in 2009.
    I'd say 2009 into 2010, but I mainly roamed in the battle reps section. Was a good time for evony, there was still a large amount of ambiguity as to how the game mechanics worked. We knew almost nothing we know today, but there was A LOT of fun to be had on the forums discussing it. In game too. Once EVERYTHING is known about a game, people start to quit. All the people we remember as the firsts to do things quit once they had an Evony routine set up. The fun part was figuring it out. I only play now out of habit, I can't say that I have all that much fun actually playing. Weird how that works.
    Last edited by cushseth; 03-31-2014 at 02:15 AM.
    SS37

    Less QQ more PewPew

    Quote Originally Posted by Prodigy the 5 View Post
    cush has a point... and he is right
    Ya.

  6. #16
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Rock N Rollin to a town near you !!!
    Posts
    3,630

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cushseth View Post
    I'd say 2009 into 2010, but I mainly roamed in the battle reps section. Was a good time for evony, there was still a large amount of ambiguity as to how the game mechanics worked. We knew almost nothing we know today, but there was A LOT of fun to be had on the forums discussing it. In game too. Once EVERYTHING is known about a game, people start to quit. All the people we remember as the firsts to do things quit once they had an Evony routine set up. The fun part was figuring it out. I only play now out of habit, I can't say that I have all that much fun actually playing. Weird how that works.

    Hit the nail bang on the head there mate.


    Sig Courtesy Of Sickness!
    Bomben - Great Phract Smack - My History
    Quote Originally Posted by davemata View Post
    ssssssssffffdrdrawers. You can't tell me to stop being who I am.

  7. #17
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    *insert humorous location here*
    Posts
    1,701

    Default

    I remember the good ole days. Back in the day when I played on server 2, and my 2.8k swordsman was an army that could destroy anything, and that city with 500 archer towers was invincible.

    Oh, good times.

    I miss what the forums were like - I was here in 2009/10, actively playing. It's true that the mystery of how things worked is part of what made this game great. Once all that was figured out, all the game is, is a botting multi-accounting war. It's no fun.

    As was said, there aren't really any new players. Evony certainly isn't very new player friendly, with the problems this game has. It was once a brilliant game, but was it the game, or the community?

    After all, there are literally dozens and dozens, if not hundreds of games that may aswell be identical to evony.

    They too start off well, and slowly die into nothingness.
    Last edited by Deathslayr; 04-03-2014 at 05:52 AM.

    Thanks Morgan for the awesome signature and avatar!
    <15:28>[NoobTank]: i might not be here for all u know
    <15:29>[smoothme]: true u might b a figment of my constipation
    <15:30>[NoobTank]: dont u mean imagination lol
    <15:30>[smoothme]: oh yeah lol
    <15:30>[NoobTank]: not quite the same thing lol

  8. #18
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    World of Evony to my wifes dismay ;)
    Posts
    930

    Default

    Good to see a few names I remember still around lol Yes its been a few years for me also...... Yes I also remember game the lively forums and constant posts being made as we were learning the game. I would venture to say not many of the pioneers left around. Loved the game back in the day along with the friendships formed in and out of alliances. LOL i even miss the un-announced changes in battle mechanincs on npc's.

    Happy Memorial Day to everyone out there and may your trans come back full of resources!!
    Show Your Artistic Side Place Your Entry In The SOTW
    Quote Originally Posted by AbstractAngel View Post
    He's cutting edge and daring in his artwork, but don't think he won't outmaneuver you on the battlefield. This is an ex-mod who takes no prisoners in a battle of wits or brawn. Fear your master, Sturm!

  9. #19

    Default

    theres so many different forums for so many different things to talk about and such. Any new good posts that are active?

  10. #20
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Rock N Rollin to a town near you !!!
    Posts
    3,630

    Default

    I think my "peak" would have been just after i joined the forums (tho i was lurking for ages prior to joining up) and i never came to any section apart from the servers section. (Namely Server 6 threads)

    we had quite a few posts in our prime, Made waiting on farming waves returning bearable, Its a shame to see the forums have fallen so far, but I spose 5 years is a long time.


    Sig Courtesy Of Sickness!
    Bomben - Great Phract Smack - My History
    Quote Originally Posted by davemata View Post
    ssssssssffffdrdrawers. You can't tell me to stop being who I am.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •