Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Intell CD

Default Intell CD

Making this thread to get feedback regarding the Intell CD that is practiced nowadays, basically its great amount of archers ( 150 million or so), then with intell hero in there for max life, and archer towers on wall, and empty feast hall, this all benefits the defender, free exp on hero and u capping heroes. From attacker point of view is not so good, its not the issue of giving the defender free exp on hero, its the + loosing heroes attacking them, heroes I'm talking about is high level too 700 lvl and up, because yes to kill an intell CD like that in a reasonable amount of time u have to use big heroes like that and that takes about 8 hours to kill too, lvl 700 takes roughly 500k arch per hit, go to lvl 350 u kill 250k or so per hit, that's not bad until your heroes and then have nothing to hit with, cause its pointless to hit with inn heroes that's under 100k arch killed per mech wave. As a result target is alive and keeps talking that none can kill him/her... as i said strategy.

so can evony look into decreasing the chance of a hero getting capped if hitting a intell CD, lets say start with a fixed number of arch in that city, lets say 25 million or something, that will be the base... so chance of having a hero getting capped is normal, then with every 5 mill or so increase in arch count in the defending city decrease the chance of that city of capping hero, the more arch u have the less u can cap a hero, therefore the attacker has a chance to do some damage

or make an item that u can apply to hero that it can't be capped for a x amount of time, just give it a reasonable price.

I'd be more ok with the item, because one can move arch out and keep reinforcing while keeping the amount of archers under the "base" so it will still cap heroes and attacker gets nowhere

Same problem on Age II, sit there with empty FH and let peeps toss troops at it, cap the heroes and eventually whoever is attacking you shuts up. I know this wouldn't be an Age I fix.. but for Age II they should make it so that HC's cant cap heroes except maybe HH's. But if Evony wants cities to change hands they need to let us keep our heroes long enough to break these cities lol.

Quote Originally Posted by TehTruth View Post
    Same problem on Age II, sit there with empty FH and let peeps toss troops at it, cap the heroes and eventually whoever is attacking you shuts up. I know this wouldn't be an Age I fix.. but for Age II they should make it so that HC's cant cap heroes except maybe HH's. But if Evony wants cities to change hands they need to let us keep our heroes long enough to break these cities lol.
    Got to hate those nearly empty FHs. Lol.
    Retired.

Already been suggested

http://bbs.evony.com/showthread.php?...re-lost-hero-s

an item to fill a hall would help greatly in getting the large war city's down to a normal size. Until such time just attack from multiple city's send 20 waves of spam with 10 waves of attacks. it's a pain but it goes a long way in saving your hero's.

Happy Hunting all!

I like that item idea. Very nice!
    Legendary Hero

Why not just set it so a designated hero can not be capped. So a player basically picks a queen or a king that is unable to be lost. Honestly, this sort of thing is what makes other online games more appealing at this point. I won't mention the game, but there is one that I play now that doesn't allow me to lose items I've worked towards. I can lose resources, but my city remains intact.
    -pier117

*sitting on a porch enjoying the view*

your idea is good, but can easily be avoided, say u apply to x city, what's stopping the person to keep two war cities, half the size of his/her original war city, then names y city with the same name as x city and just swaps them, and that can go on for ages, u can apply to city y that feasting hall filler, but he/she can cap an npc and move troops and swap it, its easy to do that...

I want an item like we have excals, wealth or art of war, those have a reasonable price also, and they have been bought when needed, by anyone coiner or non coiner, I mean yes there could be people that haven't bought them, but that's a small fraction, so make this item, give it a reasonable price, both win players and evony, I'm not saying it has to have the length time wise as a excal of 7 days, whatever evony sees fit but also satisfies the players too so make it fair , and can be applied to heroes individually, and this item should be a purely offensive item, as in if your city gets capped heroes in it get capped too.

also forums are going to benefit from that, because we will see again massive heroes doing damage, and intell CD will be as good as dead, since people will have to use skills to defend and not just walk away or rely on something else. if that item is made available to people, I'm sure many will be willing to use their big boys against war cities knowing they can't be lost, I'd gladly send 10 waves of 156k catapults vs a intell cd, all the waves having 1200+ lvl heroes, that can cause between 10 - 12 million in the archer shield per set, and defender gets 10% heal too, and on
    Last edited by Gica; 04-14-2014 at 09:08 PM.

well with an item buff can do it one of 3 ways

1: apply to target city and than the target city can not cap hero's for duration of debuff
    2: apply to attacking city and hero's from that city can not be lost for duration of buff
    3: apply to hero's like a excal and that hero can not be lost for the duration of the buff

Have it work similar to broken gates- last 1 hr and can only be used a maxx of 5 times (on either city, or hero) per 24hr period.

if used as a debuff than yes the target could always just port in a different city, but that is the same as broken gates as people already swap citys when gates get busted. if the target does that just apply the debuff to the new city. if done as a buff on your own city or hero based than won't have to worry about that. if done as a buff/debuff on a city than needs to be as expensive or more expensive than a broken gate or warport, if done as a hero buff than needs to be cheaper as will need many of them to cover a normal attack set. Also if it is done as a city/hero buff don't make it like an angel item as that will just promote players to multi so they gain access to those items. if done as a buff it needs to be a self applied item only(and as a self applied buff i would say that would be the smartest and best option regardless if it is per city or per hero).

i would suggest a new contest like the last one where the new item gets named after the winner

Happy Hunting!

The item idea that I passed on to the devs is one relating to temporarily making a hero unable to be captured when attacking. That would reduce the risk of attacking with powerful heroes, which we want to encourage.
    Legendary Hero

Quote Originally Posted by Dawnseeker View Post
    The item idea that I passed on to the devs is one relating to temporarily making a hero unable to be captured when attacking. That would reduce the risk of attacking with powerful heroes, which we want to encourage.
    I like this idea, I will for sure buy a item like this. Because when attacking, people seem to gain magical powers and become able to release 20 hero's within 10 seconds meanwhile still having a perfect defense. Or maybe their just better then me, and have a super computer meanwhile also moving at a fast rate.