Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Intell CD

Hybrid View

Default Intell CD

Making this thread to get feedback regarding the Intell CD that is practiced nowadays, basically its great amount of archers ( 150 million or so), then with intell hero in there for max life, and archer towers on wall, and empty feast hall, this all benefits the defender, free exp on hero and u capping heroes. From attacker point of view is not so good, its not the issue of giving the defender free exp on hero, its the + loosing heroes attacking them, heroes I'm talking about is high level too 700 lvl and up, because yes to kill an intell CD like that in a reasonable amount of time u have to use big heroes like that and that takes about 8 hours to kill too, lvl 700 takes roughly 500k arch per hit, go to lvl 350 u kill 250k or so per hit, that's not bad until your heroes and then have nothing to hit with, cause its pointless to hit with inn heroes that's under 100k arch killed per mech wave. As a result target is alive and keeps talking that none can kill him/her... as i said strategy.

so can evony look into decreasing the chance of a hero getting capped if hitting a intell CD, lets say start with a fixed number of arch in that city, lets say 25 million or something, that will be the base... so chance of having a hero getting capped is normal, then with every 5 mill or so increase in arch count in the defending city decrease the chance of that city of capping hero, the more arch u have the less u can cap a hero, therefore the attacker has a chance to do some damage

or make an item that u can apply to hero that it can't be capped for a x amount of time, just give it a reasonable price.

I'd be more ok with the item, because one can move arch out and keep reinforcing while keeping the amount of archers under the "base" so it will still cap heroes and attacker gets nowhere

Same problem on Age II, sit there with empty FH and let peeps toss troops at it, cap the heroes and eventually whoever is attacking you shuts up. I know this wouldn't be an Age I fix.. but for Age II they should make it so that HC's cant cap heroes except maybe HH's. But if Evony wants cities to change hands they need to let us keep our heroes long enough to break these cities lol.

Quote Originally Posted by TehTruth View Post
    Same problem on Age II, sit there with empty FH and let peeps toss troops at it, cap the heroes and eventually whoever is attacking you shuts up. I know this wouldn't be an Age I fix.. but for Age II they should make it so that HC's cant cap heroes except maybe HH's. But if Evony wants cities to change hands they need to let us keep our heroes long enough to break these cities lol.
    Got to hate those nearly empty FHs. Lol.
    Retired.

Already been suggested

http://bbs.evony.com/showthread.php?...re-lost-hero-s

an item to fill a hall would help greatly in getting the large war city's down to a normal size. Until such time just attack from multiple city's send 20 waves of spam with 10 waves of attacks. it's a pain but it goes a long way in saving your hero's.

Happy Hunting all!

I like that item idea. Very nice!
    Legendary Hero

Why not just set it so a designated hero can not be capped. So a player basically picks a queen or a king that is unable to be lost. Honestly, this sort of thing is what makes other online games more appealing at this point. I won't mention the game, but there is one that I play now that doesn't allow me to lose items I've worked towards. I can lose resources, but my city remains intact.
    -pier117

*sitting on a porch enjoying the view*

Quote Originally Posted by pier117 View Post
    Why not just set it so a designated hero can not be capped. So a player basically picks a queen or a king that is unable to be lost. Honestly, this sort of thing is what makes other online games more appealing at this point. I won't mention the game, but there is one that I play now that doesn't allow me to lose items I've worked towards. I can lose resources, but my city remains intact.
    hmm yeah this has been something we Age I players have been suggesting/mentioning for a while, remove the ability to lose your training hero's. you have no idea how many people have left this game because they lost their instant treb hero. my alliance alone has like a dozen people who are now just deadweight because they stopped playing after their main hero was taken. But at the same time this is kind of a big part of evony, the ability to virtualy make someone quit or at least greatly reducing their military strength is key to any major war.

Quote Originally Posted by Beelan View Post
    hmm yeah this has been something we Age I players have been suggesting/mentioning for a while, remove the ability to lose your training hero's. you have no idea how many people have left this game because they lost their instant treb hero. my alliance alone has like a dozen people who are now just deadweight because they stopped playing after their main hero was taken. But at the same time this is kind of a big part of evony, the ability to virtualy make someone quit or at least greatly reducing their military strength is key to any major war.
    i would assume heroes could still be capped a number of ways, valley wars (bot driven ofc who else has valley wars anymore lol), capping someones city with the hero in it etc . personally i do think this should somehow be adapted only to work vs an intel cd or anyone with millions of arch, tho as has been brought up before there would be work arounds for defenders such as keeping less than the designated ammt of arch in the city and just keeping it refilled as u kill them. maybe xcal style is the best way to go. it defo has to not work on sbs if u sb a good hero u deserve to lose it
    Quote Originally Posted by acer5200 View Post
    PS: Mech wasn't trolling.

Quote Originally Posted by MechHead View Post
    i would assume heroes could still be capped a number of ways, valley wars (bot driven ofc who else has valley wars anymore lol), capping someones city with the hero in it etc . personally i do think this should somehow be adapted only to work vs an intel cd or anyone with millions of arch, tho as has been brought up before there would be work arounds for defenders such as keeping less than the designated ammt of arch in the city and just keeping it refilled as u kill them. maybe xcal style is the best way to go. it defo has to not work on sbs if u sb a good hero u deserve to lose it
    I think that this is the best suggestion so far, as far as scout bombs fall under the category of "you're dumb enough to do it, you deserve to lose it", and then with a " compact defense law " in place, even if defenders do keep just under the minimum if the minimum is set right it will still be an advantage to the attacker; or not an advantage but a way to combat these ridiculous archer shields. If they need to keep say, less than 50m archers ( just throwing a random number out there ) or else attackers can use their biggest heroes without fear than it makes it a lot more interesting one way or the other.

Quote Originally Posted by MechHead View Post
    P.S ive never seen anyone use one of these Mega Compact Defences before, all ive ever seen is people with millions of mechs piled high, and instant Defence building heros that just constantly keep up the abatis and traps (Which makes it virtually impossible to kill the mechs with anything but Scout bombs. One Abatis makes any kind of mech wave totally useless against a defending Mech D. Ide suggest a few tweeks to the whole Range setters, since they really mess with attackers.