Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: s185

Quote Originally Posted by acer5200 View Post
    You only have 850 posts so obviously you haven't been visiting the forums too often since you joined.

cwutididthar?

On the day captcha was implemented I saw dozens of people complaining about a non-issue because their bots wouldn't work properly anymore, and we all see how that worked out. Bot devs started using a decaptcha service, and eventually Evony got rid of it entirely.
    Ive been arguing with you for years on these forums so you know thats not a true statement. @ surefire whats the last server you been on? Do you know how many people paid for the decaptcha device cuz it wasn't many. Accounts were given away in masses when it was implicated. Captchas popped up while u were attacking and became tedious. I didnt even know what a bot was until the mid 140s it wasnt as common knowledge as u think they were. To sit here and blame the games demise on rampant botting ia ridiculous. Multi tap and multi royals made the game easier for age two players and when it was abolished a chunk went with it. I would say patches killed the game more then botters could. Anyone who plays this game or has even half watched the forums knows that

Quote Originally Posted by iamme View Post
    Ive been arguing with you for years on these forums so you know thats not a true statement. @ surefire whats the last server you been on? Do you know how many people paid for the decaptcha device cuz it wasn't many. Accounts were given away in masses when it was implicated. Captchas popped up while u were attacking and became tedious. I didnt even know what a bot was until the mid 140s it wasnt as common knowledge as u think they were. To sit here and blame the games demise on rampant botting ia ridiculous. Multi tap and multi royals made the game easier for age two players and when it was abolished a chunk went with it. I would say patches killed the game more then botters could. Anyone who plays this game or has even half watched the forums knows that
    I can't remember the last server I played on, but the first was s38.

Captcha was implemented on a whole 2 servers, and neither were really affected horribly (the entire server didn't quit) by it. Sure, some left in frustration over the captcha not working or the lag it caused, but '100s' of people didn't leave. And you're right, bots didn't explode until around 144, but they were definitely on the rise and getting out of hand before that (I think 120ish or so).

While yes, the removal of multi-tap farming and multiple royals did hurt the Age II playerbase, it didn't kill it.

I really do wish there were some sort of happy medium that can be chosen from between the exploits and bots and playing legit that can be implemented. It might even bring people back.

Thanks for the sig, acer
    Forum Rules|Helpspot|Game Rules

Bots WERE round evony before 120s its just that most players were against them. Many ppl were against them even on s163 but that didn't stop some players owning half a state just for their alts. Now days most servers die off after 1 or 2 months because of crazy multi-accounters and their 'protected alliances' that farm 24/7 and won't allow any other players to grow. But thats all old news. Evony had a chance to get rid of multi-accounting when it started but they didnt. Now u gotta learn how to live with it or find a new game to play.