Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: World Cup Brasil

My question is, whatever happened to Pirlo? Two years ago he was the god of the Euro. I wasn't expecting Italy to win the title, but I was looking forward to Pirlo working his magic again. Instead, well...

Sad really to see such superb players lose their touch and become the 'old guard' so quickly. Spain's selection being a prime example of course.

Also, am I the only one who's annoyed, truly annoyed, by England's continuing futility at the Mundial? Every time they hold more promise than they actually deliver.

Quote Originally Posted by Wildor View Post
    My question is, whatever happened to Pirlo? Two years ago he was the god of the Euro. I wasn't expecting Italy to win the title, but I was looking forward to Pirlo working his magic again. Instead, well...

Sad really to see such superb players lose their touch and become the 'old guard' so quickly. Spain's selection being a prime example of course.

Also, am I the only one who's annoyed, truly annoyed, by England's continuing futility at the Mundial? Every time they hold more promise than they actually deliver.
    hahaha we where once known as GREAT BRITAN... But is the really the case

Paraguay did a great job marking Pirlo all game long, and he's just too old and slow now to do anything with 2 players on his back. I agree it's sad to see some of the masters past their peek, but I guess that's the name of the game. It's time for some new stars, like Verratti who had a great game yesterday.

I don't know what's wrong with England. They got players, coach, everything they need for success, they just can't deliver in big championships.

Quote Originally Posted by ElDiavolo View Post
    Paraguay did a great job marking Pirlo all game long, and he's just too old and slow now to do anything with 2 players on his back. I agree it's sad to see some of the masters past their peek, but I guess that's the name of the game. It's time for some new stars, like Verratti who had a great game yesterday.

I don't know what's wrong with England. They got players, coach, everything they need for success, they just can't deliver in big championships.
    You mean Uruguay? And England don't have the heart or passion to win.

Na47 - PoTaToHeAdbest - 7
    Na50 - SKORPIAN - 427
    Na55 - Potatoes - 7

Retired from All Servers

If Portugal beat Ghana 2-0 and the US lose to Germany by a score of 3-0, the US and Portugal end up picking out of a hat to see who advances.
    Quote Originally Posted by NoMistakes View Post
    I hope Siphon doesnt post

Quote Originally Posted by Soaap View Post
    You mean Uruguay? And England don't have the heart or passion to win.
    Yeah I meant Uruguay lol. You might be right about England, I expected more from them but sadly they didn't deliver. Nigeria Argentina was an awesome game though

Brazil survives!!

With the way James is playing, Colombia might just beat Brazil lol

I'll admit I hopped straight on the James Rodriguez bandwagon this Cup. No shame.

I can't believe how Brasil and Holland managed to win. Chile and Mexico deserved to go through to the quarter-finals. And the penalty on Robben was just ridiculous.