Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: player attitudes changed?

You can help the game by listening to your players and stop treating them like the enemy. The older SS servers are your creation and all the problems with bots and multi accounts are what you have created not just the users. You are the game developers and should understand the limits that a single account has so why would you allow an account to grow to the sizes that are there now. We have tried to work with you to bring the SS servers back down to manageable levels but you just bring it to an unplayable mode by ip limits and creating and allowing lag that brings about bot attacks as the only way to get any attacks to work. As I say YOU and only YOU have created these problems by your actions in not working with the majority of players on these servers and trying to make the best of a bad situation. Now if you don't bot on these servers you can not grow and play. Why would you go out of your way to allow an environment like there is there now and not try to work with the majority of players.
    Instead you just create new servers and then allow them to go for a few months and then they drop down to wastelands of a few people too stubborn to go to the next new one because even the newer players coming in can figure out what a losing proposition this is.

Please appeal to your players and work with them and allow them to be honest without repercussions as to what they have found out it takes to survive with the servers that have been allowed to grow over sized and over populated and what can be done to fix your problems. I say these are your problems as they are created and allowed to continue by you and you alone. The biggest players on these servers only spend more money in other venues to allow them around your limits you impose. These limits only hurt the smaller players there who as a whole have stopped spending in your stores as the game becomes unplayable. Why do you turn your back on a large number of your players? The big players spend the money they would spend in your store on workarounds for your limits and the smaller players die off and don't spend anything on what appears to be a dieing game.

I have been here, on facebook before you dropped your presence there because you didn't like the reactions to the changes you, and also in forums in other places that are set up for workarounds and just discussions about what can help this game. I have been playing this game for a long time with only a short time off. When I came back the only way to survive was to use a bot to farm as the overpopulation on the servers made your system of farming an impossible task to meet grow needs to compete.

I am not telling you anything you don't know as I said in the beginning YOU made this game and you know what the maximum size that can be supported even by coining massively on these servers with the player numbers. This is simple math and is not brain surgery.

You have made a good step forward by removing dawnseeker from the public areas as he was nothing but an a$$ and refused to listen to anything no matter where it came from. So now set up a no holds barred forum for just the SS servers you created and work with the players that are there to fix the problems not make them worse and drive all the players away.

torbin

Quote Originally Posted by torbin View Post
    You have made a good step forward by removing dawnseeker from the public areas as he was nothing but an a$$ and refused to listen to anything no matter where it came from. So now set up a no holds barred forum for just the SS servers you created and work with the players that are there to fix the problems not make them worse and drive all the players away.
    I don't think you know anything about Dawnseeker, nor do I think you actually know what the problem with this game is. You know what your problems are, those are not the games problems. They are the results of the games problems. Super severs are not special, every server is treated with the same lack of attention.
    SS37

Less QQ more PewPew

Quote Originally Posted by Prodigy the 5 View Post
    cush has a point... and he is right
    Ya.

Hey davemata can we get an update on that other forum you moderate, its called tynon, noone from ucool has told us anything in 2 months or more. Is the game dead and we should all find something else to spend our money on?

Quote Originally Posted by torbin View Post
    You can help the game by listening to your players and stop treating them like the enemy. The older SS servers are your creation and all the problems with bots and multi accounts are what you have created not just the users. You are the game developers and should understand the limits that a single account has so why would you allow an account to grow to the sizes that are there now. We have tried to work with you to bring the SS servers back down to manageable levels but you just bring it to an unplayable mode by ip limits and creating and allowing lag that brings about bot attacks as the only way to get any attacks to work. As I say YOU and only YOU have created these problems by your actions in not working with the majority of players on these servers and trying to make the best of a bad situation. Now if you don't bot on these servers you can not grow and play. Why would you go out of your way to allow an environment like there is there now and not try to work with the majority of players.
    Instead you just create new servers and then allow them to go for a few months and then they drop down to wastelands of a few people too stubborn to go to the next new one because even the newer players coming in can figure out what a losing proposition this is.

Please appeal to your players and work with them and allow them to be honest without repercussions as to what they have found out it takes to survive with the servers that have been allowed to grow over sized and over populated and what can be done to fix your problems. I say these are your problems as they are created and allowed to continue by you and you alone. The biggest players on these servers only spend more money in other venues to allow them around your limits you impose. These limits only hurt the smaller players there who as a whole have stopped spending in your stores as the game becomes unplayable. Why do you turn your back on a large number of your players? The big players spend the money they would spend in your store on workarounds for your limits and the smaller players die off and don't spend anything on what appears to be a dieing game.

I have been here, on facebook before you dropped your presence there because you didn't like the reactions to the changes you, and also in forums in other places that are set up for workarounds and just discussions about what can help this game. I have been playing this game for a long time with only a short time off. When I came back the only way to survive was to use a bot to farm as the overpopulation on the servers made your system of farming an impossible task to meet grow needs to compete.

I am not telling you anything you don't know as I said in the beginning YOU made this game and you know what the maximum size that can be supported even by coining massively on these servers with the player numbers. This is simple math and is not brain surgery.

torbin
    The problem was is and will be caused by the players who all do the things we are not supposed to mention. Evony has allowed much of the problems to go without penalty for so long that i agree with you that the only way to play these days is to also do the un-mentionables.

While i have seen some banning/suspensions starting to show up now that Dave has taken the helm, it does not fix the years of rampant abuse by much of the player community that Evony seemed to turn a blind eye on.

Maybe if evony considered a few things..

1- start doing more suspensions
    2- announce on the servers to all when an accounts has been suspended so the player base can start clearing out said players
    3- while suspeneded - accounts can not be logged
    4- when an account gets suspened a 2nd time, then make it unloggable for longer
    5- with each suspension the account can't be logged for an even longer time.
    6- consider server moderators that would be responsible for monitoring servers for the suspendable behavior
    7- prevent new accounts from being created after a set time frame on a server (this alone will end much of the abuse)

I understand the plight of the servers, and i also understand the plight of Evony. Regardless of how the servers have become what they have become it is what it is. If the player base does not like it then figure out a way to get your server to work together to clean it up.

Evony has a set # of staff, while the player base can be limitless. for every fix Evony comes up with thousands of players are trying to come up with a workaround for it. So while i agree Evony is part of the problem, The player base is the bigger problem.

Happy Hunting!
    Phidaux

Quote Originally Posted by Phidaux View Post
    The problem was is and will be caused by the players who all do the things we are not supposed to mention. Evony has allowed much of the problems to go without penalty for so long that i agree with you that the only way to play these days is to also do the un-mentionables.

While i have seen some banning/suspensions starting to show up now that Dave has taken the helm, it does not fix the years of rampant abuse by much of the player community that Evony seemed to turn a blind eye on.

Maybe if evony considered a few things..

1- start doing more suspensions
    2- announce on the servers to all when an accounts has been suspended so the player base can start clearing out said players
    3- while suspeneded - accounts can not be logged
    4- when an account gets suspened a 2nd time, then make it unloggable for longer
    5- with each suspension the account can't be logged for an even longer time.
    6- consider server moderators that would be responsible for monitoring servers for the suspendable behavior
    7- prevent new accounts from being created after a set time frame on a server (this alone will end much of the abuse)

I understand the plight of the servers, and i also understand the plight of Evony. Regardless of how the servers have become what they have become it is what it is. If the player base does not like it then figure out a way to get your server to work together to clean it up.

Evony has a set # of staff, while the player base can be limitless. for every fix Evony comes up with thousands of players are trying to come up with a workaround for it. So while i agree Evony is part of the problem, The player base is the bigger problem.
    So in a nutshell your saying kill off the remaining players on the game. By your standards everyone would be suspended and it would ne open season on all accounts first person to get unsuspended could go around wiping everyone who is. The damage to the game is irreversible at this point. Moańst the players would rather quit then go back to playing manual. Quite frankly evony doesn't have the player base left to make any major moves like that.

Quote Originally Posted by iamme View Post
    So in a nutshell your saying kill off the remaining players on the game. By your standards everyone would be suspended and it would ne open season on all accounts first person to get unsuspended could go around wiping everyone who is. The damage to the game is irreversible at this point. Moańst the players would rather quit then go back to playing manual. Quite frankly evony doesn't have the player base left to make any major moves like that.

Well like i said this is a player issue, the players could all agree to come together and end the problem (but i won't hold my breathe for that!).

If everyone knew what would happen if they did the suspendable items, the troop counts would come back to normal and the account count would start to lower per server.

Although i know you say people won't want to go back to playing manual, i for one would rather manual farming and smaller troop counts then 20k filler accounts, never ending comfort/speech, and instant truce/port. I won't try and speeak for all, but i hate the automation of the game. the Automation takes the strategy out of it which turns the game more into who can farm and build the most rather than who can send the best wave or use the best def for the attack at hand.

and if evony wants to get a player base growing they need to consider doing some upgrades to the game. it has been stale with no new research, no new troop types, and no new def. basicly you cap it all to 10 and then it just becomes a never ending farm fest. Maybe consider putting something new into the game to keep it fresh and new.

Happy Hunting!
    Phidaux

Quote Originally Posted by Phidaux View Post
    Well like i said this is a player issue, the players could all agree to come together and end the problem (but i won't hold my breathe for that!).

If everyone knew what would happen if they did the suspendable items, the troop counts would come back to normal and the account count would start to lower per server.

Although i know you say people won't want to go back to playing manual, i for one would rather manual farming and smaller troop counts then 20k filler accounts, never ending comfort/speech, and instant truce/port. I won't try and speeak for all, but i hate the automation of the game. the Automation takes the strategy out of it which turns the game more into who can farm and build the most rather than who can send the best wave or use the best def for the attack at hand.

and if evony wants to get a player base growing they need to consider doing some upgrades to the game. it has been stale with no new research, no new troop types, and no new def. basicly you cap it all to 10 and then it just becomes a never ending farm fest. Maybe consider putting something new into the game to keep it fresh and new.
    I don't really care about farming manually personally but it comes down to if a person is on for one hr a week and ur on for 12hrs a day that person doesn't have to lift a finger to have more troops a higher hero and higher resources then you. Thats what it came down to for most players. I do agree it does take a massive amount of excitement out the game. A lot of cities are uncappable The only excitement you really get is from making someones hero run because they have an ungodly amount of speech texts but no gold in said city. "The thing" has become way to advanced players have become extremely lazy and doing this mass ban you speak of would just put the nail in the coffin rather then reviving the player base. Go to tynon and get people to come back, go to commanders of evony, go to age 2 where if you start an email address thats where you start out. The player base is dwindling but theres multiple factors into it. I for one don't care how many troops a person has. Its not about killing all their troops its about doing sufficient damage to a player to me. Once everyone has instant pult heros as long as they have some type of resource flow you wont be able to kill all their troops anyway. If they insta truce wait til reset or find other avenues to get em. If they instant port servers locked warport in dummy city launch some mechs open up a flat launch at the flat once they port the mechs sent at the open flat should hit them. Theres other ways of going about things just have to be creative in your approach.

I have no issue with squishing a mouthy red. more with a red sitting on a much smaller peep just for bragging rights. ive seen 5 mil pres sit on a 100k more then once.
    if i wanted to play age II i would be.