Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: player attitudes changed?

Default player attitudes changed?

I remember when it was red v red, if you randomed, you killed, farmed em or truced them, moved on etc. what has changed with players that have 10 mil pres waiting out a 350k player in holiday? when did one player saying one word wrong to a host/VH mean that all players in the alliance get targeted into limbo unless they give over half the alliance accounts? (another reasons I wont share, lol) since screen shots aren't accepted, how can this persecution go unchecked? or how can it be reported in a way that some action might be taken?
    thank the giant purple people eater that school holidays are almost over!
    if i wanted to play age II i would be.

Hard to exactly describe what has happened. Hate ... Malice ? A lack of community in AC which has some genesis in the change to the reporting system which masks AC. Almost a inhuman aspect to the attacks, where the point of it all gone beneath some personal agenda. Words to delineate that which has changed fail me. More of one side or the other but no middle ground. Less friendship, there was a lot of comradeship in days gone by. Lots of chatting in AC. Players were able to play for fun and enjoyment. Teamwork worked and you survived in the team.

Best wishes to those who were in ICECOLD, MERC, HONOR on 131, SOLACE on 144, thePack2 on 158

There are no more people that just want to have some fun. The way this game is played today, it's more of a job.

Yes the good old days where you killed a city or two, but did not destroy and limbo an entire account are long gone. What most fail to realize is once all the reds are put in limbo with no hero's/troops/res left to play with many of those reds never come back to play. Soon the server (like most are these days) dies off and it becomes farmville.

While i like the ability to limbo out dead accounts to keep the server clear of useless accounts, it has also changed the game into a race to see who can remove entire accounts from the server for bragging rights.

maybe a new change in the game is in order to make it less about complete destruction.

Happy Hunting!
    Phidaux

People are scared these days. They cant stand the idea of getting hit back. Very few people actually want to play, they just want big armies to say they do.
    SS37

Less QQ more PewPew

Quote Originally Posted by Prodigy the 5 View Post
    cush has a point... and he is right
    Ya.

Quote Originally Posted by cushseth View Post
    People are scared these days. They cant stand the idea of getting hit back. Very few people actually want to play, they just want big armies to say they do.

i agree, and being 5 years into the game and having the chance to wake up and having 5 years of effort gone in a flash should scare people! i can't speak for other servers but on the one i play on there is still always something somewhere to hit, although it takes some effort to find them. I am sure with all the automated trucing/porting/defending people have gotten so frustrated that it has forced them into smashing targets into oblivion whenever they get a chance to. The game is always changing, play styles are not what they used to be, and finding cordinated team hits is very limited these days with most just sitting and building massive for no reason but to say they have more pixel's then the next player.

Guess we just press on and see what Evony has in store for us in the future

Happy Hunting!
    Phidaux

Quote Originally Posted by Phidaux View Post
    i agree, and being 5 years into the game and having the chance to wake up and having 5 years of effort gone in a flash should scare people! i can't speak for other servers but on the one i play on there is still always something somewhere to hit, although it takes some effort to find them. I am sure with all the automated trucing/porting/defending people have gotten so frustrated that it has forced them into smashing targets into oblivion whenever they get a chance to. The game is always changing, play styles are not what they used to be, and finding cordinated team hits is very limited these days with most just sitting and building massive for no reason but to say they have more pixel's then the next player.

Guess we just press on and see what Evony has in store for us in the future
    Considering the last patch was well over a year ago and theres only been the same rehashed events for the last two, they probably don't have much.

Not many people have played the same server for all 5 years. I played server two for almost 4, and I wrecked faces till the very end. Its actually why I was banned lol.
    Last edited by cushseth; 07-17-2014 at 11:42 AM.
    SS37

Less QQ more PewPew

Quote Originally Posted by Prodigy the 5 View Post
    cush has a point... and he is right
    Ya.

It's the natural progression (digression) of any game. When the game is new there are a broad range of users who are trying to figure it all out. After a while, exploits are found by some and they dominate with them. Afterward, the exploits become well known and many start using them. It's at this point the userbase becomes severely fractured. Many that want to continue to play in the "spirit of the game" leave and find something else to spend time and money on. As time passes the userbase dwindles down to the diehards and a sprinkling of noobs that the diehards pummel through sheer boredom. This is usually the end days of a game.

It's been that way with pretty much every game I've played.

Lets face it a lot of players need to have their accounts smashed. The only thing thats left are whiners. You hit them you get death threats i wish your so and so catches cancer type statements. If you make a stupid statement like that odds are thats why you are getting camped out. At that pointmorales come into play and im just going to have to hit you until you a apologize or be quit. There aren't that many good sports left just look at the forums when the game drops. Whining about cash spent etc etc. if your Getting camped out you have a field you cant protect or an ungodly amount of resources
    Last edited by iamme; 07-18-2014 at 12:40 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by cushseth View Post
    Considering the last patch was well over a year ago and theres only been the same rehashed events for the last two, they probably don't have much.

Not many people have played the same server for all 5 years. I played server two for almost 4, and I wrecked faces till the very end. Its actually why I was banned lol.
    Interesting thread but yep, I've played the same server since sever 83 beginning of October 2009, so nearly 5 years. Seen many people come and go in that time. And made some very good friends. As my current server, SS56, has not been merged for a long time, think its been nearly four years now, everyone know everyone's grandmother and a lot of people have made the game personal. My favorite is reds that state how Evony dominates your life and I how u have no other life other than Evony, and its like well what are you still doing here then, attacking cities everyday, etc etc.
    Retired.