Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: player attitudes changed?

Quote Originally Posted by iamme View Post
    Lets face it a lot of players need to have their accounts smashed. The only thing thats left are whiners. You hit them you get death threats i wish your so and so catches cancer type statements. If you make a stupid statement like that odds are thats why you are getting camped out. At that pointmorales come into play and im just going to have to hit you until you a apologize or be quit. There aren't that many good sports left just look at the forums when the game drops. Whining about cash spent etc etc. if your Getting camped out you have a field you cant protect or an ungodly amount of resources
    meh

Most of the flaming comes after a heavy coiner with tons of feeders doorsteps a player that's a fraction of their size.

I mean, your post may have been true 4 years ago but now it's mostly people collecting troops and smashing people a fraction of their size (while avoiding anyone their size or bigger like the plague) that incites the personal attacks. When a small guy has nothing to fight the much larger guy off with the only weapon they have is their words.
    Last edited by Dub J; 07-19-2014 at 03:23 AM.

So if the bigger players randoming around and lands in a flat near a small account they shouldnt hit it? I personally scout everything because i found a few 18k prestige accounts with opened roman kits and no troops. Sounds like you have just been hit a bit and have a personal problem against heavy spenders. Anyone knows that if someone has the same amount of troops unless you you have pretty strong heros or they are completely clueless theres a strong possibility of that fight coming out as a stalement. Is there some type of pride that a person should get in hitting an account their size? I personally get it but think everyone does and cant blame them for preserving some troops

The one's we're discussing don't random port and happen to land next to a smaller player. They will port their alliance into a state and immediately find the smallest alliance and pick on them exhaustively. They will burn war ports to land 100+ miles away to zero someone much smaller, not for resources or farm fields, but just because they can. They carefully pick their fights and always make sure they have an overwhelming advantage. They avoid anyone even slightly smaller than they. These are almost always heavy coiners that don't have the guts/skill to take on anyone in their own league so they just bully smaller players around by brute force.

What you call "preserving troops" I call being a coward. These guys are always quick to truce and/or port away when someone remotely in their league shows up at their door. They also typically ragequit the first time they get smacked. So yes, they are nothing more than troop collecting bullies.

Troops are made to die. Not collect.

Quote Originally Posted by Dub J View Post
    The one's we're discussing don't random port and happen to land next to a smaller player. They will port their alliance into a state and immediately find the smallest alliance and pick on them exhaustively. They will burn war ports to land 100+ miles away to zero someone much smaller, not for resources or farm fields, but just because they can. They carefully pick their fights and always make sure they have an overwhelming advantage. They avoid anyone even slightly smaller than they. These are almost always heavy coiners that don't have the guts/skill to take on anyone in their own league so they just bully smaller players around by brute force.

What you call "preserving troops" I call being a coward. These guys are always quick to truce and/or port away when someone remotely in their league shows up at their door. They also typically ragequit the first time they get smacked. So yes, they are nothing more than troop collecting bullies.

With giant archer shields and empty FHs that cause massive hero losses where's the incentive to hitting a person your own size or a bit smaller? No skill at all in a archer cd cities looping towers, taking heroes, getting levels on intels and spinning free amulets when its all over lol.
    Last edited by Belindas; 07-19-2014 at 01:43 PM.
    Retired.

I mean, we've come full circle here. People don't want to lose anything because of the fear someone else with a massive army will swoop in and zero them. It's funny people are against troop limitations saying it makes everything bland because balance will create parity which will result in stalemates. Most of the same people pile up massive troops and rarely, if ever, have a legit hit on anyone out of fear of losing troops/heroes. It's pretty much 6 of one, half dozen of the other.

What's worse, people fighting more often with less resolution or what we have now? Hardly anyone fighting at all. And no, seeking out people you know you can easily zero and avoiding the rest is not fighting.
    Last edited by Dub J; 07-19-2014 at 02:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dub J View Post

Yea you defenitely have been bullied. The point im trying to make is that people aren't wasting warports on ur 100k arch cities if your city is truely empty of resources. Those pixels are made to do whatever you please them to do. If you cant catch someone because they are porting and trucing to fast you wait until reset port in. Wait until about 4 minutes til reset and send fleet feeted mech. There is a way to catch everyone. There are very few reasons to hit people. A fields b resources c their mouthy and it sounds like you overdid it with the wrong person and they are making you pay now

Yea you defenitely have been bullied. The point im trying to make is that people aren't wasting warports on ur 100k arch cities if your city is truely empty of resources. Those pixels are made to do whatever you please them to do. If you cant catch someone because they are porting and trucing to fast you wait until reset port in. Wait until about 4 minutes til reset and send fleet feeted mech. There is a way to catch everyone. There are very few reasons to hit people. A fields b resources c their mouthy and it sounds like you overdid it with the wrong person and they are making you pay now
    There are people that actually doorstep and zero smaller players for none of those reasons. They are doing it just to brag in AC they zeroed someone.

I've had alliance mates like this...they brag about zeroing someone in AC. I look at WR and see who they hit and it makes no sense. I ask them why they did it and the response is always "why not?". I have to step away from the keyboard for a bit to prevent going off on them. Sometimes it backfires on them and I sit back and laugh while the "real" person they hit doorsteps them and slaps them around.
    Last edited by Dub J; 07-19-2014 at 03:12 PM.

Sounds like your playing with scrubs man i haven't really seen anyone brag about zwroing people out in a very long time. One in the modern game age cities are near impossible to cap let alone kill an entire account. Another view you can take from this is monetary value you play for free and someone wasted 12 or 18 dollaed to hit u i forget tje price of a warport. Troop caps would all but do away with one versus ones. The idea of a troop cap would hurt evonys revenue anyway seeing as their biggest players pay cash to keeo their overpowered accounts in holiday

One in the modern game age cities are near impossible to cap let alone kill an entire account.
    Yeah, I nod my head in disbelief when I see how many troops they lost for nothing. The didn't get resources and they port back to where they were because their field is actually better than the guy they reset. I don't think those blowhards are very good at math.

They are typically the ones that also employ the "join or die" method of recruiting. I've never understood why you do that for a number of reasons. First, why would you want someone in your alliance that would cower to someone so easily? Secondly, you know these people are going to turn on you first chance they get. lol

Sorry for the veer offtopic. Just kinda reminded me of that.
    Last edited by Dub J; 07-19-2014 at 03:44 PM.

What I saw the most on my last server or two wasn't so much malicious players looking to run reds off the server, it was players that didn't have a whole lot of options on who to hit.

On 183 for example, the majority of our reds would auto-truce when you launched. If you ported away, you wasted a port and they'll just do it again for the next guy.
    If you waited 12 hours they would dream truce. If you left when they dream truced then you've wasted a port and 12 hours and they'll just do it again for the next guy.
    If you wait the 10 hours for the dream truce they'll holiday or port to avoid you for the 2 hours it takes to truce again. If you port at that point, you've wasted a port and 22 hours of food and they'll just do it again for the next guy.

So, once you know who's gonna do the above crap you tend to stop porting on them... and once you know who's not gonna do the above crap, you tend to port on them more often just to have someone to hit. Unfortunately it's a viscious cycle that drives the non-cowards off the server faster since they're getting hit too often, and leaves just the cowards around talking crap in world chat about how everyone's afraid to port on them. Eventually folks get tired of listening to the mouth breathers bragging about how everyone's afraid to port on him, so they go camp on him for days until he sells too.

It's not that hard to defend, doing it instead of letting your bot hide for you will go a long way toward killing off those enemy troops trying to hit you. Five years ago the alliance members didn't go into each defense looking to necessarily win or kill the red attacking them... they went into it with the idea of making the attacker bleed so that he couldn't move from you to the next guy in your alliance. Hell trucing was such a shamed and disdained action that you almost never saw it happening. Don't wanna get steamrolled by your reds? Start defending.