Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: player attitudes changed?

I take it as people spend money to play they game let the spend the money how they want. If they wanna beat the tar out of a little guy let them. I have been in both positions. I've been chased around the map by shakle when he spent a ton and i spent nothing i've grown and gotten him back. I've had to stomp out small accounts who are constantly farming my npcs. At the end of the day i play the game for fun. Each person has a different view of fun. My fun is getting to 1-2bil honor dropping it and getting back into the fight. Others fun may be beating on a small defenseless accounts that they know wont be able to fight back. There are no morales in the game Its been long gone. I've had my birdy flashed for 3 weeks now. Another server i've had my birdie flashed for 3-4 months. Its the same people crying about the coiners that are doing these things to set people off to go and smash some smaller players. We can pretend its completely unwarranted but a lot of the time its not. Realistically the only people left playing are the real die hards who actually can't stop playing. Evony age 1 has put their players through a lot over the last few years and their game is almost completely dead. Log their most recent servers and you will see the barren wasteland that is world chat. They need some type of marketing scheme or some type of influx of new players to keep the game going. Everyone joining one server would probably be a good idea just to keep the server extremely active for more then 2 months. I've been a part of the extreme wars and quite frankly people like to live life outside of evony. I had the weeks where i defend for 8hrs. Think i'm safe wake up in the middle of the night a couple hrs later to defend. Go back to bed attempt to go play basketball and have texts that i have been stepped at five cities. Its not about heart its about not wanting your life to revolve around the game. If people want to gang up on my warcity then go for it but no one is defending five cities at once from five different people there is no fun in that. I'm on 184 a server thats 3-4 months in and can say there are probably less then 100 actual people left playing the server. Even the sellers are noticing that its not worth it to start on new servers anymore. Now i'm sitting on my hands to see if friends/enemies are going to come out of retirement for 190 otherwise i will sit on 184 until i get merged or decide evony isn't worth my time anymore and i will go to play ghost and advance warfare when it comes out on my xbox one.

Quote Originally Posted by iamme View Post
    I take it as people spend money to play they game let the spend the money how they want. If they wanna beat the tar out of a little guy let them. I have been in both positions. I've been chased around the map by shakle when he spent a ton and i spent nothing i've grown and gotten him back. I've had to stomp out small accounts who are constantly farming my npcs. At the end of the day i play the game for fun. Each person has a different view of fun. My fun is getting to 1-2bil honor dropping it and getting back into the fight. Others fun may be beating on a small defenseless accounts that they know wont be able to fight back. There are no morales in the game Its been long gone. I've had my birdy flashed for 3 weeks now. Another server i've had my birdie flashed for 3-4 months. Its the same people crying about the coiners that are doing these things to set people off to go and smash some smaller players. We can pretend its completely unwarranted but a lot of the time its not. Realistically the only people left playing are the real die hards who actually can't stop playing. Evony age 1 has put their players through a lot over the last few years and their game is almost completely dead. Log their most recent servers and you will see the barren wasteland that is world chat. They need some type of marketing scheme or some type of influx of new players to keep the game going. Everyone joining one server would probably be a good idea just to keep the server extremely active for more then 2 months. I've been a part of the extreme wars and quite frankly people like to live life outside of evony. I had the weeks where i defend for 8hrs. Think i'm safe wake up in the middle of the night a couple hrs later to defend. Go back to bed attempt to go play basketball and have texts that i have been stepped at five cities. Its not about heart its about not wanting your life to revolve around the game. If people want to gang up on my warcity then go for it but no one is defending five cities at once from five different people there is no fun in that. I'm on 184 a server thats 3-4 months in and can say there are probably less then 100 actual people left playing the server. Even the sellers are noticing that its not worth it to start on new servers anymore. Now i'm sitting on my hands to see if friends/enemies are going to come out of retirement for 190 otherwise i will sit on 184 until i get merged or decide evony isn't worth my time anymore and i will go to play ghost and advance warfare when it comes out on my xbox one.
    TL;DR: people do what people do?
    SS37

Less QQ more PewPew

Quote Originally Posted by Prodigy the 5 View Post
    cush has a point... and he is right
    Ya.

I remember back in the beginning when you could actually TALK to reds and not worry about being verbally abused and there was respect between players. Now and then, you come across a player that remembers those days....too bad this generation of players now are NOT like that. Some of them should be made to eat soap...lol

Quote Originally Posted by Cerean View Post
    I remember back in the beginning when you could actually TALK to reds and not worry about being verbally abused and there was respect between players. Now and then, you come across a player that remembers those days....too bad this generation of players now are NOT like that. Some of them should be made to eat soap...lol
    Thays what I never understood. I ripped faces, yet I can only ever remember ONE personal beef. I literally destroyed alliances on server 2 and we were all still cool.

People are too petty now. They care far too much about accounts they didnt even build. Ive lost a lot of accounts, 1300 pol/att heros, had whole 700m+ wcs destroyed... but it doesnt matter. I had fun.
    SS37

Less QQ more PewPew

Ya.

It's all 'bout that e-rep yo. lol

Ive been playing for a little over 4 years. Back in the day, before Evony introduced their Broken Gates item, a small player could keep gates closed to preserve the small amount of troops they had built. That is no longer the case...and that has nothing to do with the players, Evony gave that item to everyone to use freely. Also, small players used to be smart enough to not hoard bills and bills of res, so as not to become a target (unless they were red....red is dead, regardless of your size). Small players actually strategized to stay alive when the big baddies came knockin'. And alliance hosts used to have requirements to ensure this. Now-a-days, alliance chat is dead, everyone is on skype in private chats, no one is directing the new players on how or what to do. So the small players are targets...i mean really....i random ported on a city with 41 bil food, several bil wood and iron, protected by 50k scouts and a few layers. Really? REALLY? I took his res, but left his city. He mailed me complaining about the size difference in our accounts...too bad, so sad darlin'. Surely he knew better than that.

I do agree that some of the largest accts on any server only pick fights with small peeps that are guaranteed wins for them. And they holiday at all other times to preserve their troops. I think its cowardly, but its their game to play how they want.

Personally, if you are a small account, unless you have run your mouth incessantly to me, or the server in world chat, if I port next to you, I will take your res if there is any, and most times I will leave your city and not try to make heroes run. BUT if you are a donkey to everyone, I will attack to kill. I scout tons of cities daily that I do not attack because they are small, with small amounts of res (main accts, not just alts). But if you are red, you better make plans for survival because I dont care if you are 100k prestige, you will get attacked if I end up next to you.

I do notice a real lack of game knowledge though, especially on the massive troop heavy accounts. They are relying on just overwhelming you with troops, not really any skill in attacking. But in all honesty...if you are a small account on an old super server...you are either new or just like being a small player. If you are new, you need to move to a newer server (evony should stop allowing new accts on servers after a period of time...but thats a whole other discussion). If you have been around for awhile, you should have made an effort to learn how to defend against big troops, or get yourself into an alliance that will help you defend. Crying because you get attacked in a war game is silly and will just make you more of a target.

OK, its late and I seem to have been rambling hahaha. But to give my opinion on the main topic of this thread.....I think that a huge player who only hits tiny players deserves to be targeted themselves. And truthfully, when they do that, no one on the server respects them really.

It's a war game, hit or be hit. size should not matter. However where is the fun in smashing a little account? i prefer to hit the larger players, the bigger the better, thats what makes the game fun. I will though hit everything in range of wherever i land regardless of it's size in comparison to me.

the broken gates item was IMO a great addition to the game, it allowed attakers a chance at killing something for a change instead of going up against the "i'm going to bore you to death letting you hit closed gates for hours on end" defence that so many people had been using.

and yes i agree that it appears that many are more about the overwhelming with massive troops vs. using smart sets, however that is more about time on target then anything else. with automated trucing/porting these days using a port/warport, and a gate item only to watch the target instant truce/port before a single wave lands get's old.

if your putting targets into limbo then i say why? ,you just lost a future target and as the player base dwindles the game becomes dull. sure target the reds, sure wipe out their troops and res, but when you cap all their city's and make all their hero's run a high % of those hit like that just leave the game. People need to learn that this game is only fun if you have reds to fight with, and need to end the complete destruction of servers. plus it would be nice if the player base came together and ended the automation but i think i would have a better chance of winning the lottery than that happening!

Happy Hunting!
    Phidaux

Quote Originally Posted by Phidaux View Post
    and yes i agree that it appears that many are more about the overwhelming with massive troops vs. using smart sets, however that is more about time on target then anything else. with automated trucing/porting these days using a port/warport, and a gate item only to watch the target instant truce/port before a single wave lands get's old.
    Sorry but I don't buy that as a viable reason. Your reasoning is entirely backwards. Take a look at my threads. I overcame insta truce by timing carefully calculated hits in a very specific sequence to take down cities, even with people being online. My general MO for dealing with truce? Have the city cleared with trans already on the way within 10 seconds of the first hit. It is easy. Anyone with game knowledge can do it. Sending random waves of mass troops wastes rally spots and time. You need to KNOW the last attack you sent is gonna blueline so the trans you have hitting 30 seconds later dont die. Depending on lag, if you dont break the citt on the first wave you have 30 seconds to 2 minutes till it shows up in their ally reports. There is no time to not know what to send.
    SS37

Less QQ more PewPew

Ya.

automation has made many lazy, seems people don't care to lose 1-2mill mechs hitting a target because it will all be rebuilt when you wake back up.

Also some just want a big hit and hope if they send the kitchen sink at the target that something is going to die.

I am talking more about the targets that if you break the gates it auto ports, or if you send a single wave it truces wether it lands or not. Sending from 3 city's a total of 29 timed waves, no one (unless you have that 170k attack hero from other thread) will get a blue line vs. a target worth hitting on a single set when it is set to truce at 100 and sitting on 100's of millions of troops. now if it is a farm city set at mech def/ram-trap def/ or compact with a small army then yes a well timed set is possible to have trans land just as the last of it dies. however i play old school from the game itself, so many times after the first camped wave is launched before i can send the 2nd the target is in truce.

i am not saying that any of the above is smart, nor am i saying it is how people ought to play. I am just pointing out the thought process IMO of why some choose to play the way they play.

david vs. goliath, a skilled shot can take out a massive target!

Happy Hunting!
    Phidaux

Quote Originally Posted by Phidaux View Post
    automation has made many lazy, seems people don't care to lose 1-2mill mechs hitting a target because it will all be rebuilt when you wake back up.

Also some just want a big hit and hope if they send the kitchen sink at the target that something is going to die.

I am talking more about the targets that if you break the gates it auto ports, or if you send a single wave it truces wether it lands or not. Sending from 3 city's a total of 29 timed waves, no one (unless you have that 170k attack hero from other thread) will get a blue line vs. a target worth hitting on a single set when it is set to truce at 100 and sitting on 100's of millions of troops. now if it is a farm city set at mech def/ram-trap def/ or compact with a small army then yes a well timed set is possible to have trans land just as the last of it dies. however i play old school from the game itself, so many times after the first camped wave is launched before i can send the 2nd the target is in truce.

i am not saying that any of the above is smart, nor am i saying it is how people ought to play. I am just pointing out the thought process IMO of why some choose to play the way they play.

david vs. goliath, a skilled shot can take out a massive target!
    Apparently you've not seen the size of some of my hits hehe.

But against online players who auto truce.... there is nothing you can do to stop that. Id never waste 2 mil mechs on anything. Id never even carry that many. Because I use them properly.

I never attacked 1-2b upkeep people for ress. I did it to kill their troops. Expecting anything in return from those kinds of players is just setting yourself up for disapointment. Just like city caps, unless your prepared to sit for hours and REALLY work for it, get it out of your head.
    SS37

Less QQ more PewPew

Ya.