Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Guess Who's Back? 5HARK's REAL SIG SHOP

Talking Guess Who's Back? 5HARK's REAL SIG SHOP

You've heard right. 5HARK is coming back to Evony Forums!

Where was I? Why did I leave? What am I doing now?
    Honestly, I got tired of Evony. My alliance on my main account was ranked third, and the top 5 alliances on the server were in our family/coalition. I possessed 6 fully upgraded cities and 2 HCs. It just kind of got boring. So I left Evony all together to pursue my dream of becoming an online entrepreneur. Still to this day I don't know what became of my alliance mates, my cities, or my heroes. Hopefully my alliance farmed me and took all my stuff to put it to good use. As for the forums, I just scrapped the idea of my old sig shop, (where I only made 6 sigs, lol,) and left. Well, now I've started my own business, am the co-owner of a successful YouTube channel, and have started my own YouTube channel. I also do graphic design on the side or when it is required by a job for work. So I want to bring my designs here to Evony. And by the way, for those of you who were making fun of my alliance posting for VOE and saying that I never made it anywhere on na50, read above and see how I ended up.

Now for the SIG SHOP

If you would like a sig, you must be ranked Knight or higher on the forums. To order a sig, PM me on the forum so I can process it and get it done. In your email, please leave the following info:

Name on Forums (Case Sensitive)
    Preferred Main Image on the Sig
    Writing to Put on the Sig (Exactly how you would like it to appear)
    Main Colors/Theme
    Any Other Notes

Please remember that it can take me up to 3 days to process your order, so please be patient. I will try and get to as many people as possible.

Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by xX5HARKXx; 07-20-2014 at 07:54 PM.
    Professional Graphic Designer and YouTuber
    President of GALAHAD Software
    Evony used to be life. Now it's a way to get my work out there.

Building a religion... a limited edition...

Who the **** are you?

You only have 26 posts, yet act like everyone knows who you are, and you're advertising your website on a very dead forum.

Also, no offense dude, but your sigs...

That first one had what? 2 layers and some fancy text?

Don't get me wrong, it's visually appealing but it's not 'yours'. You took a green abstract background and pasted a picture of a wolf over the top of it, then slapped some text on it.

As far as I can see, there was no editing there. None.

The dragon one? Taken from stock WoW background and then a render of a knight pasted over the top of it, with text slapped on top. 3 layers, at best.

Try tossing in some C4Ds, editing some things, playing with the lighting, using brushes and fractal patterns. Take it from something you found and slapped together to something you made.

All this looks like right now is a clever way to get hits for your website.
    Last edited by acer5200; 07-19-2014 at 03:13 AM.

All around me are familiar faces
    worn out places, worn out faces
    Bright and early for the daily races
    Going nowhere, going nowhere
    Current Sig Song

Quote Originally Posted by Revoltion
    Acer is the Varys of Evony.

Thanks for the sig, acer
    Forum Rules|Helpspot|Game Rules

Quote Originally Posted by acer5200 View Post
    Who the **** are you?

You only have 26 posts, yet act like everyone knows who you are, and you're advertising your website on a very dead forum.

Also, no offense dude, but your sigs...

That first one had what? 2 layers and some fancy text?

Don't get me wrong, it's visually appealing but it's not 'yours'. You took a green abstract background and pasted a picture of a wolf over the top of it, then slapped some text on it.

As far as I can see, there was no editing there. None.

The dragon one? Taken from stock WoW background and then a render of a knight pasted over the top of it, with text slapped on top. 3 layers, at best.

Try tossing in some C4Ds, editing some things, playing with the lighting, using brushes and fractal patterns. Take it from something you found and slapped together to something you made.

All this looks like right now is a clever way to get hits for your website.

Lol, if you didn't know about my old sig shop then just don't read the top part. That was just to explain why I left after I opened my last shop. Sorry if it had some words too big for you. And honestly, it took me 15 minutes total to make all those examples. They're EXAMPLES, nothing important. As for my usual graphics, I take a long time since I am advertising my company's name with them. For example, check out my current sig. White background layer, cool render, 2 layers of text with custom fonts, a vignette on the top layers, small blur on the text. That's how I work. I mean, I do this professionally also.

DP Sig.jpg

Sig for DrPerv, IGN: Destroyer. I uploaded it to the company control panel, so it should have shot you an email with the attachment, but if you didn't receive it, here you go. (Click to enlarge it.)

You claim to be a Professional graphic designer yet all of your work could be made in Microsoft Paint in under 5 Minutes.
    Everything of yours that i've seen has a maximum of 5 layers. Pre-made background straight off of google, Text, and terrible blur effects.
    Claiming to be a professional is rather insulting to us that actually ARE professionals. or at the very least have watched maybe 45 minutes worth of tutorials on youtube.
    as that would be more than enough to surpass the work you have shown here.
    Im not saying that it's not visually appealing, Im saying that A: It looks as though you recently bought photoshop and are using it for the first time without any knowledge of advanced shading, blurring, lighting etc.
    and B: If you were a Professional Graphic designer running a business you would understand that none of the work you have done could be sold for profit because its not yours. most of the licensing on renders and other photos are that you may use them as long as its not for monetary gain. So without the skills i listed above i find it hard to believe you could run any graphic design business, legally anyways.

Here are a few of the Signatures i made around 3 years ago before I ever got my Degree in graphic design.

Notice the background was hand painted. The demon render was hand done by me. Also notice that by having the render larger than the background it adds a cool 3d effect to the piece. Originality is key in this line of work,

This here is a better example of Lighting and Blur effects. This was around 40 layers of work if i remember right. The background was like 10 images i cropped, blended, cut, smudged etc. 100% of the lighting done in this was hand painted using the brush tool.

Im not saying those are the best in the world because they suck compared to what I'm able to do now however they are good examples of what a "Professional" signature would look like. Original style, Multiple hand-done layers not just copy-pasta from google images. Text that looks like it belongs not just slapped on there with a vignette over the top or whatever you claimed to have done on your sig.

Building a religion... a limited edition...

Quote Originally Posted by xX5HARKXx View Post
    Lol, if you didn't know about my old sig shop then just don't read the top part. That was just to explain why I left after I opened my last shop.
    >Implying I don't know about your other sig shop, the one where you got about 5 requests and replied to none of them.... yea.... http://bbs.evony.com/showthread.php?t=209307

Quote Originally Posted by xX5HARKXx
    Sorry if it had some words too big for you.
    Which words would these be again?

And honestly, it took me 15 minutes total to make all those examples. They're EXAMPLES, nothing important.
    Now I'm not a professional in the field of graphics design in any capacity, but I AM a certified draftsman. Last I checked, examples of your work should be the best of what you can do, not garbage that you throw together in 15 minutes. If I were trying to interview at any firm, mechanical or architectural, I wouldn't show them some drawings that took me 10 minutes to create, most of which were copypasta from other works. No, I'd show them the best things I have. The best 3D renderings, the best floor plans, the best part designs. You want to impress people not go "look at me, I'm a garbage generator vrooooooooooooom"

As for my usual graphics, I take a long time since I am advertising my company's name with them. For example, check out my current sig. White background layer, cool render, 2 layers of text with custom fonts, a vignette on the top layers, small blur on the text. That's how I work. I mean, I do this professionally also.
    I'm seriously about to pull an Amanda Todd and drink a 3/4 gallon bottle of bleach right now. "Cool render"? You mean a downsized abstract C4D? "White background layer"? LOLWUT

"2 layers of text with custom fonts" : > Custom pokemon font, multiple renders, a relevant background, etc.

And this is just completely mediocre compared to somebody who actually knows how to use Photoshop.
    Last edited by Surefire; 07-21-2014 at 02:09 AM.

All around me are familiar faces
    worn out places, worn out faces
    Bright and early for the daily races
    Going nowhere, going nowhere
    Current Sig Song

Quote Originally Posted by Revoltion
    Acer is the Varys of Evony.

Im a computer programmer and web designer and mainly use my guy Tommy for graphics. I thought " I have the software on the work computers, why not?" Tommy is kind of disgusted with my work, lol. And he's telling some stuff like what you guys are saying. So thanks for the advice guys. Though you were not the friendliest, lol, ur advice and criticism actually helped. Im going to make my next few sigs with Tommy and he's helping me with stuff like "fractals" and making some pretty cool things. My next few sigs should be pretty good. Im not much of a graphic designer (which is why I employ Tommy,) but if anyone needs a kick ass web design, let me know lol. And be watching for my new sigs

My newest sig. Big shoutout to Thomas Lash for guiding me through this one. Is this better fellas?

logansig.jpg

sig2.jpgsig1.jpg

My next 2 pieces of work (on my own.) Although I think the one to the left is a little too faded around the guy.