Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: What is Evony's idea of excessive troops?

Default What is Evony's idea of excessive troops?

So question for those Evony bods on here.

What would you class as excessive troops? How many is too many?
    Just so we can get a rough idea in future.

yes that's a good point, can someone from evony give us an answer to that,
    what is a reasonable amount of troops,
    what is reasonable amount of res,
    people don't want to get reported again having built troops and plundered billions from players and get banned and wiped, what are we supposed to do once we have plundered what ever you think is enough resources, are we to let reds plunder us, or can we turn everthing into gold so can keep plundering
    please evony let us all know as this is a fair question considering whats happened lately
    please let your paying customers know

Quote Originally Posted by Benny Brazil View Post
    So question for those Evony bods on here.

What would you class as excessive troops? How many is too many?
    Just so we can get a rough idea in future.
    Interesting question. On a 4 year old super server, what does Evony class as excessive troops and resources? People do not want banning. Its only reasonable that we know what is excessive? Otherwise players will be too scared to attack in fear they take too many resources or they are reported from having too many troops. Hope you can clarify this for us. Thank you.
    Retired.

Would agree - we need clear guidance on what is acceptable. I do not want to live in fear of reds scouting me and reporting causing Evony to ban me.

Since I know that Evony ban simply on reds reports and even if an account is completely innocent of one alleged wrong doing it may be looted of its res and troops, I would seriously appreciate clear guidance on what Evony regards acceptable.

We work hard to create and maintain big accounts. Yeah I know - excessive troops!

Well Evony I'd like u to tell me how one is supposed to kill 160 mil archers set in CD with an intel hero and instant AT hero and 9 spaces in FH so the delightful red can cap decent heroes forcing u to spend more troops and use weaker heroes.

I do not coin on Evony to sit there taunting my reds to come hit me (which sadly appears to be the main tactic reds on ss56 use) so I can defend. I coin so I can holiday my account to keep my food bill down so I can have excessive troops.

I want to attack my reds, not sit there defending and beating my chest about how smart I am.

So Evony if we are not allowed troops - and after looking at my account it appears 1 mil bal is excessive as I lost every ballista and catapault in almost every city. Don't get me wrong I am very happy it was unbanned. I just need to know how to avoid it being banned again and still play the game in a manner other than twiddling my thumbs.

I also want to know how many res I can have without worrying u will ban me and remove them.

It does not appear unreasonable to ask Evony to set out guidelines.

Also if you are intending to tell me I cannot have millions of troops, then I ask that you please tell me how we are meant to kill cities with archers and intel heroes, killing such cities takes millions of mech, my alliance usually has multiple players attacking because of this to reduce troop losses. We need masses because reds cap the heroes, I would love to send an 800 attack hero at a red - I don't cause I know that red will cap it. If you are telling us that we cannot have troops to kill such cities - then I would ask that you change the battle mechanics and prevent heroes being capped. Logic says if we can attack with 1k attack heroes we need less troops.

Quote Originally Posted by wherewolf View Post
    Would agree - we need clear guidance on what is acceptable. I do not want to live in fear of reds scouting me and reporting causing Evony to ban me.
    Also if you are intending to tell me I cannot have millions of troops, then I ask that you please tell me how we are meant to kill cities with archers and intel heroes, killing such cities takes millions of mech, my alliance usually has multiple players attacking because of this to reduce troop losses. We need masses because reds cap the heroes, I would love to send an 800 attack hero at a red - I don't cause I know that red will cap it. If you are telling us that we cannot have troops to kill such cities - then I would ask that you change the battle mechanics and prevent heroes being capped. Logic says if we can attack with 1k attack heroes we need less troops.
    Well that opens up a new set of questions. Evony are obviously not liking the large quantities of mech on ss56. But tell us how we are supposed to kill these large archer shields with defending intel heroes? We could send out big attack heroes and we would use less mech. But why would we risk loosing them to defending cities with a walls and intel hero and 8 empty feasting hall slots, 9 slots if a friends reins with their intel? Evony it would take a lot of mech to kill a 99m archer shield. I see you are clearing cities with a million ballista. Im not prepared to sacrifice what mech I have on one archer defended city and compromise my own defence. Not when I know there are tons of archer defended cities on ss56.
    Retired.

On our server we got a guy with 600 mill archers and only hits small accounts.

evony can you please read what us your paying customers are posting please,
    its a fair question we are asking as you seem fit to drop everyones resources and drop there troops
    ss56 is an old server and most players on there have been playing 4 years or more and spent thousands, you have now banned people saying they have to many troops and to much resources, its only rite you let us know an amount of troops we should be having without risk of someone scouting and reporting everyone everyday and also resources whats considered enough, and what are we supposed to do once reach enough, sit back and ask reds to plunder us till the ammount drops, if you didn't want peoples armies to grow large or have loads of resources perhaps you should have stated in your rules wen first opened the game what limits are what, you say we are breaking rules yet here you are making your own rules as you go along, almost everyone on ss56 have a instant hero to make instant troops, and making 100mil archers or more, have you ever tried killing that many archers, I am guessing not or you would know how many mech it takes to get passed that and then once passed that you got there other troops to get through,
    so please you been banning people at the drop of a report so please tell us the lvls of res and troops allowed not to be banned

Like I have stated in the hero thread also: the game allows it so it's not a violation. If there is a (arbitrary) maximum amount of troops or res the game should cap it at that number.

Quote Originally Posted by queste View Post
    Like I have stated in the hero thread also: the game allows it so it's not a violation. If there is a (arbitrary) maximum amount of troops or res the game should cap it at that number.
    Hey Queste, Evony have stated when banning players that an excessive number of troops and resources greatly affects the server and have removed both in great amounts from players. We think it only fair that the players of SS56 are told what is an acceptable number for troops and resources before Evony ban people. Cities with 1 million ballista have been cleared of them.
    Retired.

That is a good set of questions, one that does need an answer. What is excessive? I recently capped a city with 300b of each resource defended by minimal troops...that troops count is not in question, but the 1.5t in res is (gold, food, wood, iron, stone) was that an excessive amount? Are my resources going to get reduced because I capped the city?
    I have 6m ballista in my war city, 5 million pults...according to what I have heard has happened, all it would take is a scout and a report to get them reduced? Is that true? Why can a specific alliance talk all sort of crap and port around with 100's of millions of mech and archers and scouts in their war cities and get by unharmed? Why aren't they targeted do we have to turn ss56 into a scout/report witch hunt game? Can't beat the player so let's report? If so, I'll be resetting--you won't get another dime out of me. What has this game come to?

I question making a "super hero" as being a glitch. Evony didn't do anything about it after the first one, imo it's a TOS acceptable thing to do. Evony made that prededence.

I don't agree with stopping heroes from being capped, although it would benefit me greatly. If I could jaq smack or pult bomb a red who is hiding behind 190m archers and an intel hero (is 190m archers excessive?) with my main hero without fear of losing it, it would be game over for him. I'd convert my intel heroes back to instant pults and hit the non-entity continually with several natural pult and other instant mech heroes until he was dead. I understand the turn around on that...so don't bother crying how I'd die too...please, my filter is off today. Being able to cap heroes is a necessary risk in a war game. It requires you to think and use actual strategy, as oppose to mindlessly sending the same attacks over and over.

Nor do I agree with Evony's assertion that the game must be fair for all players. If that were the case it would truly be a free game, and we would have to all progress at the same rate as everyone else, and there should have been limits imposed at server start ups, not 4 years into a super server.. Evony's statement that it is FREE FOREVER may be a true assesment, but non coining players are not as advanced in the game as those who pay your bills--is It fair to restrain our growth because others are behind? It's a war game, it's not meant to be fair. You should rethink your business plan and stop catering to free-loader with your need to make it fair, and pay more attention to the coiners.
    Less I digress...Evony, if you are going to impose limits or punishments for arbitrarily high numbers, isn't it fair to tell your paying customers what they are...
    Last edited by Anatoliy; 08-01-2014 at 01:32 PM.
    ss56 X1 Crowned Prince of Noobishness