Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 56

Thread: What is Evony's idea of excessive troops?

  1. #11

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Belindas View Post
    Hey Queste, Evony have stated when banning players that an excessive number of troops and resources greatly affects the server and have removed both in great amounts from players. We think it only fair that the players of SS56 are told what is an acceptable number for troops and resources before Evony ban people. Cities with 1 million ballista have been cleared of them.
    I know it has happened. And I don't agree even tho I do not belong to the biggest players. I also know the sweeps have been arbitrary. I saw today a warcity that has grown to 3 times it's size in the past months while always being in holiday. I need all the willpower I have to not do what they deem "fair" and report it.

    [edit]and btw: greatly affects the server??? how??? imo the "big" accounts are fairly evenly spread among the largest alliances. the sweeps have a much greater impact in unbalancing the server
    [/edit]
    Last edited by queste; 08-01-2014 at 01:52 PM.

  2. #12

    Default

    I agree. Either set limits or stay out of the game and let it play out the way it will. For the 'gods-that-be' to step in and interfere with with the server is totally unacceptable.

    If limits are to be set, then apply them across the entire server, not just specific accounts that happen to get reported. Your servers know the troop counts, either do it and be done, or keep out of the game, where you belong.

    of course, if you do opt to step in and cap EVERYONES troop/res counts at some arbitrary number, the game is pretty much over.....

    but as i said: either do them all or do none.
    Last edited by schwackmaster; 08-01-2014 at 05:41 PM.
    says:
    Don't teach pigs to sing, it wastes your time and irritates the pig...

  3. #13

    Default

    How much money is too much to walk around with?

    Any amount that you have to explain, but are unable to, is too much.

    How you feeding those 1m ballistas? I capped a city with 400b ress 3 days ago -acceptable.
    How you feeding those 1m ballistas? I farm a lot of 10s - unacceptable.
    SS37

    Less QQ more PewPew

    Quote Originally Posted by Prodigy the 5 View Post
    cush has a point... and he is right
    Ya.

  4. #14

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cushseth View Post
    How much money is too much to walk around with?

    Any amount that you have to explain, but are unable to, is too much.

    How you feeding those 1m ballistas? I capped a city with 400b ress 3 days ago -acceptable.
    How you feeding those 1m ballistas? I farm a lot of 10s - unacceptable.
    lol & how do you differentiate
    Most large players spend a lot of time in holiday - who cares how we feed our troops. This is not a thread for discussing the ethics of how we do it. Fact that almost every player on ss56 is guilty of using the same practises and would not be able to survive if they didn't makes that argument irrelevant. How much res and troops you have - is simply down to how willing u are to work at it and if you are willing to coin to holiday.

    All we are asking is for clear guidance on what is acceptable.

    If I have 5 million ballista is that to much? Why is 60 million cataphracts ok but several million mech not? OR did you miss those? no need to go look I'm slaughtering them.

    Why did I loose all my res but others get to keep 100s of billions? what is the limit?

    We won't even mention the words fairness on that one.

    Regarding Resources: All we want is for evony to say something like having under 100 bil of each res per a city (other than food and gold) or some other arbitrary number is acceptable.

    Regarding Troops: give us a figure - we don't care if its a number of troop or a max burn per a city.

    Can tell you now Evony - not knowing what is acceptable is loosing you players - I have 0 intention of ever coining again, the same for every member in my alliance. Why would we want to coin on a game that will at some reds spiteful reporting ban ones account and remove the resources and troops.

    This has nothing to do with hero flaws, you banned players simply cause of reports quoting "excessive resources/troops" as your reason. I would argue that my res and troops were not excessive by ss56 standards. They were typical of a dedicated player that has spent over 4 years working on their gameplay and loot.
    Last edited by wherewolf; 08-02-2014 at 04:50 AM.

  5. #15

    Default

    evony , why is it that you are so quick to act on threads regarding glitches and what not and quick to take peoples troops and res
    but wen we ask you for a guide line on what is enough or not enough somehow you don't seem to reply,
    you are loosing a lot of players over this, and how can you say after 5 years that someone has to many troops and to much res, you should have stated in your terms and contitions that you quote so well wen banning people, I for 1 wasn't a great big spender but what I did spend in now gona be 0 from now on and that's if I decide to keep playing

    answer your paying customers evony or are you realy trying to kill ss56 off if so pull the plug on it

  6. #16

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by wherewolf View Post
    lol & how do you differentiate
    Most large players spend a lot of time in holiday - who cares how we feed our troops. This is not a thread for discussing the ethics of how we do it. Fact that almost every player on ss56 is guilty of using the same practises and would not be able to survive if they didn't makes that argument irrelevant. How much res and troops you have - is simply down to how willing u are to work at it and if you are willing to coin to holiday.

    All we are asking is for clear guidance on what is acceptable.

    If I have 5 million ballista is that to much? Why is 60 million cataphracts ok but several million mech not? OR did you miss those? no need to go look I'm slaughtering them.

    Why did I loose all my res but others get to keep 100s of billions? what is the limit?

    We won't even mention the words fairness on that one.

    Regarding Resources: All we want is for evony to say something like having under 100 bil of each res per a city (other than food and gold) or some other arbitrary number is acceptable.

    Regarding Troops: give us a figure - we don't care if its a number of troop or a max burn per a city.

    Can tell you now Evony - not knowing what is acceptable is loosing you players - I have 0 intention of ever coining again, the same for every member in my alliance. Why would we want to coin on a game that will at some reds spiteful reporting ban ones account and remove the resources and troops.

    This has nothing to do with hero flaws, you banned players simply cause of reports quoting "excessive resources/troops" as your reason. I would argue that my res and troops were not excessive by ss56 standards. They were typical of a dedicated player that has spent over 4 years working on their gameplay and loot.
    You missed the point entirely.

    But ok. Everyone cheats. That's your argument. I'll take it.

    You got caught. They have yet to be caught. Evony wont cap ress, that would kill the game. It is very simple.
    Last edited by cushseth; 08-02-2014 at 06:10 AM.
    SS37

    Less QQ more PewPew

    Quote Originally Posted by Prodigy the 5 View Post
    cush has a point... and he is right
    Ya.

  7. #17

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cushseth View Post
    You missed the point entirely.

    But ok. Everyone cheats. That's your argument. I'll take it.

    You got caught. They have yet to be caught. Evony wont cap ress, that would kill the game. It is very simple.
    No I got reported by jealous reds - who I might add have more resources than I do.

    But that is irrelevant - Evony unequal bans do more damage than anything else.

    And evony have already got caps on food res - if someone knows there is a limit they don't go over it.

    feel free evony to limit res on wood, stone and iron in the same way - I can smile I know it lol will hurt the reds who take such joy in petty reporting from their 100s of alts.

    Although we don't need it - if everyone knows over 100 bil could get u banned then they'll stay under.

    I do not see why there is an issue with giving us clear guide lines when it is Evonys own unbalanced game mechanics and bans that have created this situation.

  8. #18
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Scotland
    Posts
    218

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by wherewolf View Post
    No I got reported by jealous reds - who I might add have more resources than I do.

    But that is irrelevant - Evony unequal bans do more damage than anything else.

    And evony have already got caps on food res - if someone knows there is a limit they don't go over it.

    feel free evony to limit res on wood, stone and iron in the same way - I can smile I know it lol will hurt the reds who take such joy in petty reporting from their 100s of alts.

    Although we don't need it - if everyone knows over 100 bil could get u banned then they'll stay under.

    I do not see why there is an issue with giving us clear guide lines when it is Evonys own unbalanced game mechanics and bans that have created this situation.
    It was somewhat comical that most people reporting were running multiple accounts and bots from their computers. And in a lot cases had more troops and resources than the people whom they were reporting. Double standards spring immediately to mind. I was named and shamed in this forum for something I played no part in and which Evony fully investigated and I was fully vindicated off. I fell victim to jealous and spiteful reds. I was a big coiner by SS56's standards, regularly buying several packages a week, more during promotions. This was to keep my war account running on vesta, rest of the week I was holidayed, it worked for a lot of years. Until Evony provide guidelines, or introduce caps in the limit of troops and resources a city can hold I'm too cautious to do anything at the moment therefore there will be no need for me to coin.
    Last edited by Belindas; 08-02-2014 at 07:23 AM.
    Retired.

  9. #19

    Default

    what has the server come to, evony knows that 96% of people if not more on ss56 use bots and multi account, ask yourself 1 thing, why do they do nothing and answer is plain and simple, MONEY, so after 5 years of playing and people building there accounts up with troops and resources a certain alliance report another alliance and evony ban them for excesive troops and res, ok an alliance found a way to help them selfs so what, there is nothing in the rules saying what happened is cheating as could be done from spending thousands, next month the reporting alliance may find them selfs something it happens,
    but what evony has done to ban people with the term to many troops and to much resources is crap, and by no replying to this thread in response shows that they was wrong for banning and stripping accounts

    o look a glitch bam evony responds in hours, ok tell us what limits sre, hhmmm nothing no reply
    come on evony say your piece

  10. #20

    Default

    I know exactly why you got caught. I was banned because of mass reporting via people I wrecked. I did not just lose some res. I lost a three year old account i played since beta. I didn't cry about it because other people get away with it. I was breaking the rules, rolled the dice and lost.

    You'd probly snitch if you got arrested too.

    As it is against the rules to accuse, I shall just say of the 300 accounts in the enemies family of alliances at the time, 200 may or may not have been the same person.

    I had 6. Perma ban. First offence. Evony isn't fair, neither is life. Keep playing or don't, their ambiguity on the subject is more than likely intentional.
    Last edited by cushseth; 08-02-2014 at 09:29 AM.
    SS37

    Less QQ more PewPew

    Quote Originally Posted by Prodigy the 5 View Post
    cush has a point... and he is right
    Ya.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •