Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Account Hacked - Atlantis Stolen CA1

Bot stores email/passwords.

Bot programmers want Atlantis.

Bot programmers look into records and get account info of Atlantis owner.

Done.

Quote Originally Posted by AwfulVinny View Post
    There are a lot of other scenarios in which one might have to lose access to their original e-mail account. Examples might include hackers, change in employer, moving to another country, probably dozens more. Calling people stupid or anything derogatory without knowing the circumstances is a pretty ignorant approach to life.

I don't suspect you read much so I'll pass on a helpful definition for you :

derogatory
    diˈrgəˌtrē/
    adjective: derogatory

showing a critical or disrespectful attitude.
    "she tells me I'm fat and is always making derogatory remarks"
    synonyms: disparaging, denigratory, deprecatory, disrespectful, demeaning;
    critical, pejorative, negative, unfavorable, uncomplimentary, unflattering, insulting;
    offensive, personal, abusive, rude, nasty, mean, hurtful;
    defamatory, slanderous, libelous;
    "a derogatory remark"
    Just stop. It's possible a cia agent slipped into his house and lifted his prints from the keyboard. But we all know thats not what happened
    SS37

Less QQ more PewPew

Quote Originally Posted by Prodigy the 5 View Post
    cush has a point... and he is right
    Ya.

Quote Originally Posted by AwfulVinny View Post
    There are a lot of other scenarios in which one might have to lose access to their original e-mail account. Examples might include hackers, change in employer, moving to another country, probably dozens more. Calling people stupid or anything derogatory without knowing the circumstances is a pretty ignorant approach to life.

I don't suspect you read much so I'll pass on a helpful definition for you :

derogatory
    diˈrgəˌtrē/
    adjective: derogatory

showing a critical or disrespectful attitude.
    "she tells me I'm fat and is always making derogatory remarks"
    synonyms: disparaging, denigratory, deprecatory, disrespectful, demeaning;
    critical, pejorative, negative, unfavorable, uncomplimentary, unflattering, insulting;
    offensive, personal, abusive, rude, nasty, mean, hurtful;
    defamatory, slanderous, libelous;
    "a derogatory remark"
    Yes i've lost an email before and I still don't have it back. But i was pointing out his statement of "using work emails for evony" and was calling those who used work emails to play evony stupid simply because of the fact, any minute you could quit or be fired and then they could change pass on that email and bam! your fcked

Signature by Don Ezio.
    Now, show no Mercy
    Let the world See
    We're Invincible
    Show them nothing is beyond our Control

if you lose access to the orig. email account

1- set up a 2nd email on the account
    2- input the security questions on the account
    3- set up your security code

Evony has provided many options to protect your account from nefarious activity, if you choose not to use it then you only have yourself to blame. if you go to log your account and you have done any of the above; you can do a password reset. If you have not then your S.O.L

Happy Hunting!
    Phidaux

Default Lessons Learned & Thoughts

Lessons learned: 1. Evony security sucks. You cannot change your primary email address so if for some reason you no longer have that email PRAY someone else doesn't get access to it (either through fair means or foul). Because if they do, they can ask to have your Evony password reset. 2. Evony is totally unresponsive. Yes, they will send an email to your secondary email address that your password has been reset. But, when you quickly put in a ticket that YOU didn't ask for it to be reset, Evony staff takes DAYS to review the ticket and then you received a canned script answer that basically says you shouldn't give your login information to others. DUH! YOU didn't; EVONY did!

Thoughts: There are plenty of GOOD people playing Evony who are sickened by the hackers and cheaters who use unethical (if not illegal) means to try to get other players banned from the game. These people have earned my gratitude and trust - even if they normally play on the opposite team.

To the cheaters & hackers. We know who you are. You may get away with it because Evony takes no action. But, you have lost the respect of other players. Many are openly distancing themselves from you. Your actions also show that you knew you couldn't beat us fairly and the only way to ***win*** was to cheat. What an accomplishment. I'm sure you can be proud of yourself. I can't help but wonder though how you deal with things in real life. If you cheat in this game, you most likely cheat in life.

To Evony staff: Every time you do nothing when informed of hackers, coin manipulators etc., you lose players. You are overhead. WE are profit. When enough of us leave, you too lose.

It is Evony's fault because they do not allow you to change your login email. If you change jobs, graduate from school, get a new ISP you lose your email address. Evony, being lazy and unwilling to spend any money on correcting software issues is at fault for not allowing login email addresses to be changed. This is a major security flaw that can be fixed with about 50 lines of code or less.

Well put, Kist. Unfortunately, as I have learned first hand Evony wont bother to fix anything, take any blame or otherwise care about any of it. They have definitely lost my profit along with several in our alliance. It is a shame really. I have met such fantastic people in the course of 4 years and yes many are/were reds. But not being able to have my account back because Evony cannot guarantee that Malicious wont pull the same stunt, puts me in the position of not wanting to spend one more cent on this game. The issue of having Atlantis stolen because Evony took too long to get back to the account owner in a timely manner is appalling. The worse part is they blamed the account owner (insert facepalm here). Just a sad situation that a company doesn't do anything but place blame on the account owner. They are mere ostriches putting their head in the sand.
    Last edited by Melycious; 08-11-2014 at 05:26 PM.

Dear Evony Staff, if you keep ignoring legitimate issues with your software and refusing to make changes to prevent unscrupulous people who do not understand the game to destroy it, you lose users (players). When you lose players, as Kistari said, you lose income which ultimately translates to layoffs. Those of us that do have the ability to write software can just create another game to compete with you and we don't have to have better technology or graphics, all we have to have is better customer service and that isn't hard.

Well said Kistari.

Very sad day all round. First players get banned because low lifes send gifts and recall, now accounts are hacked and lost all the while CS sit back and do nothing.
    There's nothing to see here... please move along in an orderly fashion.

OK let me set the record straight I in no way stand up for evony customer service they are flat out the worst ever. They do nothing to punish cheaters they still haven't punished anyone who glitched and people who didn't do it were punished and with no reason why. Now on to Atlantis.

Did you ever consider it was done by an inside job. I mean you blame 1 person for it. How could he possibly know the email address of the account holding Atlantis that account came from a different server. Also that email address belongs to him now anyway. From what I read the person holding the account used a work email address. The person you accuse of hacking it bought the domain. Guess who owns the email address now, it wasn't hacked. From what you posted all he did was recover an evony account associated with an email address he owns. The account is owned by evony according to evony TOS now he owns the login to it. Next time don't use work email addresses for games unless you own the business. The person you blame did nothing wrong yes he got it on a technicality but he didn't hack it. All he did was log in to his new email address. You cant hack something you own.

Username and Password.
    During the registration process, you may be required to select a unique username and a password (collectively referred to hereunder as "Login Information"). You may not share the Account or the Login Information with anyone other than as expressly set forth herein.
    No Ownership Rights in Account.
    NOTWITHSTANDING ANYTHING TO THE CONTRARY HEREIN, YOU ACKNOWLEDGE AND AGREE THAT YOU SHALL HAVE NO OWNERSHIP OR OTHER PROPERTY INTEREST IN THE ACCOUNT, AND YOU FURTHER ACKNOWLEDGE AND AGREE THAT ALL RIGHTS IN AND TO THE ACCOUNT ARE AND SHALL FOREVER BE OWNED BY AND INURE TO THE BENEFIT OF uCool Limited.