Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Account Hacked - Atlantis Stolen CA1

There is a big difference between something being "technically legal" and something being "ethical." Sure, it was legal for the person to purchase that domain...and it was legal for him to set up that email account. But, was it ethical? Was it ethical for that person to request a password reset on an account that was not theirs? Was it ethical for them to trash the Kilk account? Of course not. Just as it legal for someone to purchase coin on another's account and then challenge those funds? Possibly. Is it ethical? No.

Someone who is unethical in a game like Evony is just as likely to be unethical in real life. I feel pity for their parents, friends, other relatives, coworkers etc.

Evony can't be held liable for person's who circumvent or find loopholes in the email system.

However, if proven that the account was hacked, Evony should restore it to its rightful owner and give Atlantis back.

To not have this he should use a complex password and swap it up every few days, thats if it was hacked and not someone who had his keys, if someone had his keys, make sure who you give them to can be fully trusted

A complex password or security code wouldn't have helped there, the email address belongs to the person who purchased the domain name so for example my name is Jeff if my email address is Jeff@jeff.com & if I have my evony acct associated with it. I close my business and no longer pay for the name jeff.com its free for anyone to purchase and register. Now all you have to do is recreate the email address jeff@jeff.com and you have full access to the email address. A sec code if you forget it takes 72 hrs to come off if you chose that option but at that point the person who created the acct is already locked out so he/she could do nothing about it. It actually is evony's fault because they wont let you change the primary email address, there are loopholes for other email accounts I won't announce.
    Here is my point though don't strictly blame the 1 person you accuse no i'm not saying that name here either she knows who. Think of it this way. How would the person you accuse of this even know the email address if someone on your side didn't pass that information along. It's not something you can even get from facebook. If you look at your facebook account your email is (yourname)@facebook.com.

Oh I get you, sorry I had mis-understood the previous messages.

Quote Originally Posted by Sandman1976 View Post
    A complex password or security code wouldn't have helped there, the email address belongs to the person who purchased the domain name so for example my name is Jeff if my email address is Jeff@jeff.com & if I have my evony acct associated with it. I close my business and no longer pay for the name jeff.com its free for anyone to purchase and register. Now all you have to do is recreate the email address jeff@jeff.com and you have full access to the email address. A sec code if you forget it takes 72 hrs to come off if you chose that option but at that point the person who created the acct is already locked out so he/she could do nothing about it. It actually is evony's fault because they wont let you change the primary email address, there are loopholes for other email accounts I won't announce.
    Here is my point though don't strictly blame the 1 person you accuse no i'm not saying that name here either she knows who. Think of it this way. How would the person you accuse of this even know the email address if someone on your side didn't pass that information along. It's not something you can even get from facebook. If you look at your facebook account your email is (yourname)@facebook.com.
    Ahhh but that wasn't always the way Facebook has been. For many years your email was what you gave to Facebook. And, I have quite a few people's evony emails and not from underhanded means nor from account sharing. Fortunately, I have ethics...Something this individual does not.

Its OK evony is going down hard anyway it had a good run but people with the botting and troop glitch made it so its not a game anymore anyway its about who has better bot codes and alts to draft rather than who has more skill. All that was really done to kilk was his glitches troops were deleted.

Quote Originally Posted by Sandman1976 View Post
    All that was really done to kilk was his glitches troops were deleted.
    Kilk had Atlantis, he didn't have to "glitch" troops. I sincerely hope karma bites you on your....

Lol made me laugh when u said kilk didn't have to glitch he had Atlantis. Let me guess he just drafted the 220 mil archers 20 mil Bally's 3 mil pults the tens of millions of pikes swords and few million ponies from "inactives" then it must be nice to have that many troops to keep back in a defensive city. Oh and he must have been getting those good drafts from the "inactives" around the same time the troop glitch was happening

Drafting the Insane troop counts of reds on CA1 helped tremendously