Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Best ideas ever!

i dont like this bad idea

Why not put the game back the way it was when it was an appealing game. Medals and advanced ports in NPC's. Stop clearing flats. Less resources on the wheel. Basically stop wrecking a once great game.

Sorry for borrowing this thread, but wanted to share some thoughts and observations.

Like most I play on a few servers around the Evony universe and see all kind of adjustments made to the game.

Question. When you put the block on all the servers with IPs etc. Some run with 3 accounts per ip others with more, but my question is, when people start doing VPN's and PROXY solutions to get here wont that help make the lag much worse. I mean the person that used to sit outside the server wall with a ping of 50 is now going through Brazil on his VPN and maybe adding a proxy as well to make it back to play and now have a 500 ms response time, so what could have been handled right away by the server is now on a huge delay and helps slow the processing of input down a lot.
    I don't know if that theory is true, but just a thought. At the same time it means more time spend on a other things but the game and money spent on other sites instead of Evony to maintain the way in.
    Instead of all that how about only allow sign up on the last 5 servers. Once an account is killed of a server, let it be able to pick one of the 5 newest servers instead. This would help to cut down the number of real players on some of the old servers. We would see people focus more on the game instead of the frustrating filler game that still seems to be happening. Since everyone would then have a common interest of removing old stuff and create much better farm lands it would also drop the interest for many in having all those alts people carry. Once a server is down to a few alliances etc, maybe you actually have a good base to make a merge by to keep the game active for the old players. You would also get more to join the new servers where a lot of money is being spent. People that played 4-5 years, will probably be more interested in keep going on the old servers to maintain the stats and see what they can reach. I have witnessed many simply throw the towel on the last amounts of huge lag etc. and it is kind of sad to see people go after so many years.

Anyways it was just some observations.

How's about when we have our daily 15min Maintenance call the actual server does go down for Maint pmsl....ss78 today has had 2 Maint calls in 2hrs , both times it just didn't happen?

I have a better idea for Evony. FIX the problems you have now instead of making new servers and ignoring us. Again server 188 has been down for way longer than the 15 minutes maintenance time. When are we going to see any REAL action from Evony? Money, money money. I know Evony is here to make money but does that mean they have to screw us over for the Almighty Dollar? Considering the pics of women that are advertise the game I have a STRONG feeling that males control Evony. Notice I did not say men? Men are different. Men care males don't. I bet you that friends of Evony employees don't have the same problems that we, REGULAR players do.

So even the forum died

My best idea would be FIX SS77...been months with stuck troops, walls, and market....how about some maintenance please...
    http://bbs.evony.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=173527&dateline=12715  94901.?

This game has,shall we see,exceded its sell by date. Its needs a total new vamp and re structuring to compete in this modernized market.Invest or risk total wipeout.Il give you the new name Evony :Advanced Warcraft..think of the possibilities
    GLORY GLORY MAN UNITED

Quote Originally Posted by adsymcg View Post
    Having played Evony religiously for 3 years,taking 1 off and rejoining lately I have come to the conclusion that it has seriously declined.We can all blame the botters,lag etc but that fact remains the game is currently not appealing to new players and most of its players have been there for years,slowly quitting as servers die.

1.Change the ingame shop-Spice it up,same old deals server after server.I want to see a 'deal of the week' promotion worth buying instead of the boring old 30$ package which doesnt btw feel like money well spent.

2.Prolong server life-People spend mostly in the first week,try to cap HH's for whatever reason(keep or sell) and try to get the 16s as quick as possible.What if the HH's were only found in HC's.And you had to cap them to take the hero.Best Hero in Atlantis running through the rankings to 16,14s and random 12s making them harder to cap,making HH's more valuable and costly to cap.

3.Fix glitches-Fix the bug involving ghosting into alliances.Alliances should be named ,not numbered.

This is only a few ideas of which there are many.This game has/had so much potential but I think its lack of active developers damaged its reputation.These are al easily implemetable ideas and anyone who says this game doesnt need changes is one of the many scam artists selling HH'S AND HC'S for cash profit.
    Some good ideas here, I also thought maybe they can make an age 3, where people pay a monthly fee to play evony instead of buying packs, all the stuff you would normally buy, could be farmed from npcs.

It would put people on a more equal footing, with players only becoming strong through hard work and effort, rather than just buying their way to the top.
    Na25-Pillsbury-Retired
    Na34-Synthesis-Retired
    Na37-Synthesis-Retired
    Na44-ILLUSION-Active
    Na46-ILLUSION-Active
    Na56-Pillsbury-Active

Quote Originally Posted by xILLUSIONx View Post
    Some good ideas here, I also thought maybe they can make an age 3, where people pay a monthly fee to play evony instead of buying packs, all the stuff you would normally buy, could be farmed from npcs.

It would put people on a more equal footing, with players only becoming strong through hard work and effort, rather than just buying their way to the top.
    Im not against people buying their way to the top,its their choice as long as its their money.Whats happening is simply down to the outdated nature of the game.Similar,more modern games such as clash of clans have 10x the appeal this games does,From graphics to monthly updates to new features ,Evony has been left behind..I left it behind once,but gave it a second chance,There wont be a third time.
    GLORY GLORY MAN UNITED