Thread: Re: Server Migration: NA55

Default Re: Server Migration: NA55

Quote Originally Posted by Thalin Athasian on 08-04-2014 View Post
    Server Migration: NA55

We will be taking down server na55 in thirty minutes. We'll then run tests, confirm data and then bring the server online.

The total downtime expected is 2 hours.
    SO... how'd that migration work out for y'all? Cause I gotta say, not really impressed with it to be honest. 6+ hours of downtime so far today? Seriously?

#justsayin

-Sorien
    [Ironlord]: joking lmao
    [JunkyToe]: got me hook, line, and sinker
    [JunkyToe]: I'd have swallowed the f*ckin rod if it... wait, that doesnt sound right

Migration means they just moved the na55 server data into different hardware.

It could be to old hardware, for all you know.

Quote Originally Posted by YaYo1995 View Post
    Migration means they just moved the na55 server data into different hardware.

It could be to old hardware, for all you know.
    They usually refer to these server migrations as either maintenance or "upgrades" though.

-Sorien
    [JunkyToe]: I'd have swallowed the f*ckin rod if it... wait, that doesnt sound right

this migrations subject is old check dates, have nothing to do with what is happening now. Lets hope that they fix it soon

Quote Originally Posted by WarLady View Post
    this migrations subject is old check dates, have nothing to do with what is happening now. Lets hope that they fix it soon
    The hardware they moved the server to seems to have failed so it kinda does have something to do with it.

Na47 - PoTaToHeAdbest - 7
    Na50 - SKORPIAN - 427
    Na55 - Potatoes - 7

Retired from All Servers

Quote Originally Posted by WarLady View Post
    The migration was a week ago, I was referring to the fact that the server has failed twice since then. Yes, the lag was horrible before but this is f'ing ridiculous. Nearly 12 hours now the server has been down.

-Sorien

what a crock of sheet, servers been down for 12 hours and of course evony has no response or updates or anything at all. where you at evony? whats the problem? at least tell us whats going wrong instead of fiddling are thumbs....and no thanx for 1 day of free upkeep for this mess we just want to know whats going on?