Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hacked?

Default Hacked?

We request that you take action in response to this message within 3 days so that we can assist you in resolving this issue. You will need to contact Paypal or the credit card issuing bank to reauthorize this payment if you are the legitimate account/credit card holder, or have the owner's authorization to make this purchase for Evony cents.

Just found this in my mail today

Someone has paid money onto your evony account, then has taken back the money to ban your account.

*cries* meanies

last week it was a denial of service attack, the week before my FB security alarm went off to say it was accessed, I've had this guy stalking me on Twitter & LinkedIn. And I've had threats from the alliance involved in other hacking attempts

*edit*

When I logged in too, it flashed up with a strange email address lam ...(something) @hotmail.com
    Last edited by Alliendre; 08-14-2014 at 11:04 PM.

Great news ... got up this morning to find my account banned.

Evony you really suck.

banned.jpg

And now when I get an email from Evony asking for information to help with their enquiries ... I cant log in to the help centre to give them the ticket numbers! AGGH!

Payment was made 3 days ago, yet it is still unclaimed. And Evony have closed my account because of non-payment?????

I just had the same thing happen to me and at least 5 other players! This is crazy! I got this message, and yet I bought no pack, nobody bought me a pack. There's not even any history of a pack being bought!!

http://gyazo.com/696f5473c6a98bf438420d6d8dc42913 Screenshot showing no payment history at all

Dear Customer,

We were recently notified that one of your payments made to us on Aug 14,2014 has been reversed.

-----------------------------------
    Order Details
    -----------------------------------
    Order Number: S9QG7FK9NXYYH6WF
    Transaction ID: 9ST22989KH1749223

We request that you take action in response to this message within 3 days so that we can assist you in resolving this issue. You will need to contact Paypal or the credit card issuing bank to reauthorize this payment if you are the legitimate account/credit card holder, or have the owner's authorization to make this purchase for Evony cents.

Because Paypal or the credit card issuing bank has placed a temporary hold on the funds associated with this transaction, access to your Evony account will be temporarily disabled if this issue is not resolved within 3 days.

We appreciate your cooperation as we together attempt to resolve this issue. We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience you may experience. Please be aware that we will be unable to provide any additional information regarding this matter until the conclusion of the investigation.

Sincerely,

Evony Billing Department
    Email: support@evony.com
    Give Straight Amulets, Remove the Packaging from Facebook Gifts!
    http://www.causes.com/causes/574667

This is how ridiculusly easy it is to get other users banned. It only takes getting their log in email address which you can usually get from their facebook and a paypal account and about 5 minutes and I don't know of any way to protect yourself from this except keeping your email address a well guarded secret. The steps to get someone banned are to fabricate a link like this using their email address. You buy a pack using that link and then log into paypal and recall the payment. Simple as that. The user owning that account will get a warning to which Evony does not respond in any useful fashion, and then a ban, and will be offered THIS as their only solution, that I either get the person who did this on purpose to get me banned to resubmit the payment or I pay them myself.

Sorry Evony, but NO, I will not pay you $30 for your total lack of security on account payments, and unwillingness to fix malicious attempts to get other people's accounts banned by what is most likely the same individual who hacked the atlantis account.
    Last edited by ElfFromSpace; 08-21-2014 at 09:41 AM.
    Give Straight Amulets, Remove the Packaging from Facebook Gifts!
    http://www.causes.com/causes/574667

Well they have updated the 3rd support ticket, deleted the first two and the fourth and have asked me to pay the amount in question a second time as something went wrong with their system ....

OK Evony support ... back to you ... what are you going to come up with now ...

Feeling like this is a social experiment now with them
    Last edited by Alliendre; 08-17-2014 at 11:41 PM.

This Allen guy is actually arguing with me that this whole situation is not evony's fault. So... is it OUR fault that they have 0 security on the payments made? The guy who got our accounts banned did it to at least 6 different people all the same day, likely only took him a half hour. How many players will evony have left if they refuse to fix this issue and players realize that they can force anyone they dislike to either buy an unwanted pack or get banned as often as they want? Even if I DO make the payment how can I stop this person from doing it again?