Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: How People Are Getting Banned From 5 Minutes of Effort

We're discussing a solution with paypal at the moment.

If this has happened to you, please do be sure to message me, and tell any of your cohorts that have had this happen to them as well.

Flaming CHICKEN!
    Courtesy: Sturm

Quote Originally Posted by T800RR View Post
    Evony now has all the evidence and witnesses they need to remove legally Marcel Cordewener from the game. If he is posting threats of bodily harm, harassment, etc. we can just call the local news agency in "NETHERLANDS, ZUID-HOLLAND, HENDRIK-IDO-AMBACHT" and let them know about the low moral turpitude of the owner of Malicor Marketing (http://www.malicor.nl) and make sure they know how he threatens people.
    How about we not do that. Please? Message me if curious why.

Flaming CHICKEN!

Quote Originally Posted by davemata View Post
    We're discussing a solution with paypal at the moment.

If this has happened to you, please do be sure to message me, and tell any of your cohorts that have had this happen to them as well.
    Thanks for acting so quickly on this matter. I appreciate it.
    Quote Originally Posted by davemata View Post
    How about we not do that. Please? Message me if curious why.
    I will comply. I have notified you guys on this forum of software issues before that have been fixed so I'm not just blowing smoke.

One security issue I would like to raise is that facebook will return a json object containing a user's FBID, username and other information that when coupled with the evony payment link returns the evony login email address of a particular user. With the evony payment link I build from coupling the FBID with I can get a person's email address like so, http://pay.evony.com/index.do?PageMo...00002670217295

If I find that the email address is no longer valid and perhaps I can buy a domain name to which it points or register it on a free service, I can then create the email and Evony will give me the person's account. This is what happened with Atlantis on CA1 and the reason the account that had Atlantis, is down to one city and 0 troops. The way Evony could fix this is to allow us to replace an old email address with a new one so we can control our accounts and protect it against unscrupulous players. Obviously this would call for further verification, possibly mobile integration which I have written software for in another project but it doesn't take much time to implement at all.
    Last edited by T800RR; 08-18-2014 at 10:33 PM.

I wish to thank evony for taking action in this matter.

I am going to go out on a limb here and think its safe to assume that Evony is not going to restore Kilk's account?

Dave is there any chance at looking into why my account was banned? I never did get a reason for my ban and suspect it was due to the same person/reason.

Quote Originally Posted by T1NCA View Post
    Dave is there any chance at looking into why my account was banned? I never did get a reason for my ban and suspect it was due to the same person/reason.
    Possibly? I have limited information at the moment, shoot me a pm.

Flaming CHICKEN!

Thank you Dave for getting me and the others our accounts unbanned. I did go ahead and remove as much of the detail from the original post as I could about the method to get people banned while still giving people enough info to try to protect themselves and or determine if they are also victims.

To anyone who believes you might be a victim, if possible check the email on the account for messages from evony about the bad payment. If you cannot access the email then submit a ticket and perhaps Allen will respond to you.
    Give Straight Amulets, Remove the Packaging from Facebook Gifts!
    http://www.causes.com/causes/574667

Quote Originally Posted by Melycious View Post
    I am going to go out on a limb here and think its safe to assume that Evony is not going to restore Kilk's account?
    That is correct bottom line is evony doesn't care until it costs them money. I lost 160 million archers and 9 million Bally's they never even responded to me. Even if they do restore the account the domain belongs to someone else
    Last edited by Sandman1976; 08-24-2014 at 08:09 PM.

He is still at it unfortunately.
    A permanent solution such as permitting coining only on an account a player is logged into, or sending a email security code to the accounts email address would solve this issue.