Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 86

Thread: Evony NEW 3 accounts per IP limit and 100 Market order limit !

  1. #21

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Beelan View Post
    Um when those "cheaters" become their sole player base....... thats when they should start negotiating, lol.

    IMHO the reason that evony is doing this is becuase they want people to quit on the older servers because these servers have begun to start losing them money and from a smart bussiness perspective if your "asset" is no longer bringing in money its time to drop that asset. but with a game like evony they cant just close the server, they have to force everyone on it to choose to leave (due to their own silly rules of "once youve paid your account will be there forever") its pretty sad but this extended end game period is just one of the major flaws behind the evony game......
    I have to agree with you here, they do want to get rid of the players on the old servers..well said

  2. #22
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    UL Baby
    Posts
    2,937

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DevineDev View Post
    Heres my issue,your thought is adapt or shutup...Really, you think when changes are made they would all be the same across the board, Guess what open your eyes and come out of your hole becuase i know people on the brand new server who are running 30 plus accounts already with 10-20 on same ip. My problem isnt with evony making changes, because most of us have been here long enough to know they do whatever they want when they want. My issue is if you are going to make changes on evony,make them across the board not just on the servers where you want to get rid of people. A good business isnt run by changing whatever and whenever you want too and not doing uniform changes. A good business is trying to meet your customers needs to adapt and make the situation better for all involved not act like some bully corporation changing only what suits them. They let people get away with this for years, and then decide to just stop some servers and NOT all of them. And as far as trading goes,some people exist on evony with 1 account just by buying and selling resources,how screwed are they now.
    As far as me complaining Surefire about breaking rules, Yes i am ****ed, i have played for over 5 years and we went through this once and they came back and agreed to 20, so then to come along and change to 3 with no advance notice to anyone or communication with their paying customers, i wont lie, I love Evony,met some awesome great people over the years here,and this game was a big part of my daily routine for awhile,but to be manhandled and mistreated by a company who doesnt even take a moment to communicate with their customers and try to work things out so all are somewhat content, or to even make changes all evenly across the board...I just find that to be an absolutely abhorrent way to run a big corporation. On that note,my rant is done..
    If you're such a veteran to this game than why does any of this surprise you? They're not a good company so i don't see why you expect them to live up to your expectations.

    Quote Originally Posted by Beelan View Post
    Um when those "cheaters" become their sole player base....... thats when they should start negotiating, lol.

    IMHO the reason that evony is doing this is becuase they want people to quit on the older servers because these servers have begun to start losing them money and from a smart bussiness perspective if your "asset" is no longer bringing in money its time to drop that asset. but with a game like evony they cant just close the server, they have to force everyone on it to choose to leave (due to their own silly rules of "once youve paid your account will be there forever") its pretty sad but this extended end game period is just one of the major flaws behind the evony game......
    You really shouldn't try and guess their motives behind implementing IP restrictions~~~ 186 a new server has IP restrictions in place (3 to be exact)... kinda cancels out your argument that they're trying to make people quit on older servers.
    Last edited by david_k700; 08-30-2014 at 08:38 PM.


    By the amazing Luda

  3. #23

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by david_k700 View Post
    If you're such a veteran to this game than why does any of this surprise you? They're not a good company so i don't see why you expect them to live up to your expectations.
    Evony has had a super F rating with the BBB since day one.. why anyone expects them to do the right thing is beyond me.
    SS37

    Less QQ more PewPew

    Quote Originally Posted by Prodigy the 5 View Post
    cush has a point... and he is right
    Ya.

  4. #24

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Titanis View Post
    Say you have multiple people playing in your house ? There are multiple reasons you would need more than 1 connection per IP. Most likely they're just trying to make players on older servers quit since they do not make as much as the new servers. Would be nice for evony to show they cared about there customers for once tho and listen to them. Also, how are we like terrorists for paying evonys bills ? lol
    The average family size in the USA in 2010 was 2.58, down from 2.59 in 2000. (http://www.census.gov/prod/cen2010/b...c2010br-14.pdf)

    3 seems pretty fair going by those numbers. But 20? What, do your pets play too?

    Thanks for the sig, acer
    Forum Rules|Helpspot|Game Rules

  5. #25

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Surefire View Post
    The average family size in the USA in 2010 was 2.58, down from 2.59 in 2000. (http://www.census.gov/prod/cen2010/b...c2010br-14.pdf)

    3 seems pretty fair going by those numbers. But 20? What, do your pets play too?
    Don't forget all those people on college campuses that still play in the hundreds per IP. Apparently they exist in these peoples arguments.

    I do love people making up hypothetical situations just to try and cater to how they want to play. Why do you need more than 3 accounts? Seriously, why? If 99% of the server has 3 accounts and 1% manage to find a way around it, why are you upset? Are you a bad botter? Bad player? You can't compete unless you vastly out cheat everyone else? Do you really NEED 2 billion upkeep so you can fight people who run with 200-300m?

    I really just don't understand it.

    Quote Originally Posted by DevineDev View Post
    Heres my issue,your thought is adapt or shutup...Really, you think when changes are made they would all be the same across the board, Guess what open your eyes and come out of your hole becuase i know people on the brand new server who are running 30 plus accounts already with 10-20 on same ip. My problem isnt with evony making changes, because most of us have been here long enough to know they do whatever they want when they want. My issue is if you are going to make changes on evony,make them across the board not just on the servers where you want to get rid of people.
    Go play another server if you don't like the rules on yours. Your not playing with people on that server, why does it matter? They nerfed medals dropping from NPCs almost a full year on my old server before they hit other servers. I didn't cry. I wasn't playing those servers, I was playing my server. They could have 25 different rulesets on all different servers and you know what? It would benefit the game.

    Why do you think their trying to get rid of people? Do you know how little it costs for them to keep an old server running? You think they don't merge dead servers because they decide to spend more money to keep them separate? Do you have any real basis for your argument or is it just "I'm upset I can't cheat to win, so here are my ridiculous complaints"?

    Your whole argument seems to be "they can bot more than me, that's not fair". But two things. Life isn't fair, and server specific changes like this are entirely fair. As far as the definition of fair and balanced goes for video games, a server wide equalizer such as this is literally as fair and balanced as it can get.
    Last edited by cushseth; 08-31-2014 at 03:30 AM.
    SS37

    Less QQ more PewPew

    Quote Originally Posted by Prodigy the 5 View Post
    cush has a point... and he is right
    Ya.

  6. #26

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Surefire View Post
    The average family size in the USA in 2010 was 2.58, down from 2.59 in 2000. (http://www.census.gov/prod/cen2010/b...c2010br-14.pdf)

    3 seems pretty fair going by those numbers. But 20? What, do your pets play too?

    But today is 2014 and one thing that you forget...not everyone who plays evony is in the USA... and actually average family size in USA is 3.18......In uk it's 2.4..not sure other countries...but evony is a global game

  7. #27
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    802

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cushseth View Post
    I do love people making up hypothetical situations just to try and cater to how they want to play. Why do you need more than 3 accounts? Seriously, why? If 99% of the server has 3 accounts and 1% manage to find a way around it, why are you upset? Are you a bad botter? Bad player? You can't compete unless you vastly out cheat everyone else? Do you really NEED 2 billion upkeep so you can fight people who run with 200-300m?
    He needs more cause the people with 200-300 mil burns beat his 2 billion burn.

    Fan of BOTS!!! ( Auto-Bots Of Course )

  8. #28

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Surefire View Post
    The average family size in the USA in 2010 was 2.58, down from 2.59 in 2000. (http://www.census.gov/prod/cen2010/b...c2010br-14.pdf)

    3 seems pretty fair going by those numbers. But 20? What, do your pets play too?
    Don't get why americans think they're the only people in the world... wake up and smell the coffee... other parts of the world have more people in a family on average.

  9. #29

    Default

    Brews some coffee and passes Kaymion a cup ;-)

  10. #30

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kaymion View Post
    Don't get why americans think they're the only people in the world... wake up and smell the coffee... other parts of the world have more people in a family on average.
    Using the stats of a country you live in as a barometer for how most first world countries live does not make a person believe their country is the only one that exists. Even the average in larger countries where families tend to stick together isn't massively higher than 3. It's below 4 in India. This game does not target people in third world countries. They don't have money. Who cares if 15 people live in the same house in Ethiopia? Their not playing Evony. In north America Europe and Australia the average household size is only above 3 in 1 country.

    Why is it non-Americans have to point out everything Americans say about America even though it doesn't negate their point?
    Last edited by cushseth; 08-31-2014 at 07:31 PM.
    SS37

    Less QQ more PewPew

    Quote Originally Posted by Prodigy the 5 View Post
    cush has a point... and he is right
    Ya.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •