Thread: What kind of hero for breaking 12s?

Default What kind of hero for breaking 12s?

I was planning on doing the ballista attack, with 2k wo 3k wa and 120k balli and then 50k ar 50k wa for loyality. My queen is lvl 100 with 250 attack, which I know is too low. Some places I hear as low at 285, some as high as 450. I was planning on doing some gear upgrading to get everything to level 7, but I'm not sure if I will need an Excalibur on top of that.

Make sure you get your stars up. You want at least a 9 set, then still excalibur your Queen if you have one spare as it all helps and can't do any harm. 125k ballista, no layers, seems to work better for me just I suppose its personal preference. Also 50k warrior will be fine for just a loyalty wave as you wont be loosing as many archers, just each time they return and you resend start with an archer bow.

Quote Originally Posted by Lafisques View Post
    I was planning on doing the ballista attack, with 2k wo 3k wa and 120k balli and then 50k ar 50k wa for loyality. My queen is lvl 100 with 250 attack, which I know is too low. Some places I hear as low at 285, some as high as 450. I was planning on doing some gear upgrading to get everything to level 7, but I'm not sure if I will need an Excalibur on top of that.
    1) without 9 set dont try it, will be best to have 12 set min.
    imagine what have already 9 set, so need send min 2 wave before of your wave fo ballistas, first of 100k pikes with hero lvl100, and second rainbow for hit some seconds before .
    if hit with your 7 set, and without more wave first, surely lost alls ballistas or a number highter.

Be careful about sending waves before the balli. once i wiped a bit of cav from an npc12 and half of my balli splat even with my 12 set HH. Would show the proof but I accidentally deleted the report
    285 attk should be ok as long as you have 9 set and lvl100 hero but you will lose a fair amount of balli. If attk is like 350 the losses shouldn't be too bad. You don't need any layers in the breaker

Yeah like CHH said, killing stuff before messes up the mechanics, just dont do it :P

Quote Originally Posted by OmegaTorcher View Post
    Yeah like CHH said, killing stuff before messes up the mechanics, just dont do it :P
    why not?
    an example of yesterday broken a hc12 :

1wave of pikes: http://battleca3.evony.com/default.h...703afce136.xml for kill cavs( killed them alls because isnt 9 set :P )
    2 wave rainbow: http://evonyurl.com/2efwm9 for kill rest cavs, and pikes or swords( with 9 set dont killed them alls)
    3 wave ballistas: http://ww.evonyurl.com/el5e9t
    without excalibur , only need 1 war sigh. and first from other city sent 9x3k warriors + 1 x100k warriors of spam
    Last edited by rekes; 08-27-2014 at 11:47 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by rekes View Post
    why not?
    an example of yesterday broken a hc12 :

1wave of pikes: http://battleca3.evony.com/default.h...703afce136.xml for kill cavs( killed them alls because isnt 9 set :P )
    2 wave rainbow: http://evonyurl.com/2efwm9 for kill rest cavs, and pikes or swords( with 9 set dont killed them alls)
    3 wave ballistas: http://ww.evonyurl.com/el5e9t
    without excalibur , only need 1 war sigh. and first from other city sent 9x3k warriors + 1 x100k warriors of spam
    hmmm...you also put an archer bow in there therefore killing most of the layers only had a few healed so it didnt effect it that much, also you lose a pike wave, a rainbow, then 10k ballista losses, you can do a straight off ballista break with 13k losses so realistically youre just wasting troops trying to prove something, which isn't what was meant, as CHH said killing the cav before the bally, only the cav, nothing else.

Quote Originally Posted by OmegaTorcher View Post
    hmmm...you also put an archer bow in there therefore killing most of the layers only had a few healed so it didnt effect it that much, also you lose a pike wave, a rainbow, then 10k ballista losses, you can do a straight off ballista break with 13k losses so realistically youre just wasting troops trying to prove something, which isn't what was meant, as CHH said killing the cav before the bally, only the cav, nothing else.
    without waves beofre, lost more of 13k ballistas, much more, dont know if you hit with 15 set, but the question here, is break hc12 with 9 set only, so send 1 wave of ballistas isa acrazy, try it, but with 9 set and after talk about lost

can do it with a 9 set, done it with a 9 set, end of, on the next server i shall prove it to you

If you send previous waves and time them literally 1 second between each other, there is a potential that split damage may occur. What CHH said, he sent a pike wave to kill off horses, then his ballista wave and lost many. This happened because the pike wave killed way too many horses, if not all, then 1 second later the ballista hit, which did not allow the natural regeneration of the cavalry. With this being said, having too few cavalry, the damage was split onto other units in the rainbow (Speed wise), thus, messing up the mechanics, as when his ballista would NORMALLY shoot the cavalry, they shot the next fastest unit instead.

Make sure you understand what will happen when you send something. Evony isn't just a game of "oh this works because people have done it, I don't know why, but it does". You need to know how the game works, how certain elements alter the finalised result.

Yes, it is POSSIBLE sending a full ballista wave with a 9 set hero. The attack level on a hero does do a considerable buff onto your troops, but the multiplier difference between say 250 attack and a 400 attack hero is not that great of a deal compared to having a 9 star set. The majority of the ballista damage comes from the ballista, not the hero, the hero just adds a slight buff.

The difference between the star set life bonus is simple. I cant remember the exact life bonus's the star sets give you as it has been almost a year, but i believe a 9 set gives you a 50% life bonus.

Now then, lets say in the first attempt where your ballistas get attacked, you loose say 80k. Now lets say you have a 9 set, you loose 25% less, therefore 60k. Lets say 12 set, you loose 40k instead of that 80k. Now then, the ballistas have their second volley and instead of having like 40k ballista left (They lost 80k), they now have 60k (they lost 60k), therefore getting more shots off, and finishing the battle faster.

This is a very brief explanation and some of my terminology might be off, but please refer to http://bbs.evony.com/showthread.php?...anics-Guide-v2 if you want to learn/know more. All the information is there, you just need to read it.
    In game name: Gilgad