Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Troops Stuck SS75

Quote Originally Posted by TECH-ss48 View Post
    The lag and stuck troops make the only way to play the game be to holiday your account (if you can manage to get the troops unstuck).

The only fix would be to migrate the overcrowded servers to new (and less crowded) hardware. (This costs money).

Evony recently migrated most servers (which are virtual machines) onto new hardware, but this is deceptive... they overcrowded the physical servers which the virtual machines run on.

I'd love to hear about the specs of the physical hardware being utilized before and after the recent wave of migrations (about 3 months back) but that's not going to be disclosed here, I'm sure.

The recent migrations and lack of customer support seems to be a conscious decision by the management of uCool to reduce costs... at the expense of driving away all their customers. Its kind of a catch 22... Nobody wants to spend money on a broken game, and without more revenue, the game wont get fixed. Really the game is already dead and we just didn't get notified.

Hey Hey TECH... This is Steve (ElmerFudd from ss48) You are right about the game being dead. The techie stuff isnt my thing but customer service is. And uCool has absolutely no customer service skills whatsoever. I hope you are doing well bud and its good to see ya...

has anyone even got a responce to a ticket yet, mine has not responded to.
    or herd an eta from any evony rep on a time to when they are going to fix the stuck troops.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Canon
    Chosen_72 - SS46
    We're Chosen, They're Not, That's Their Problem...

Quote Originally Posted by Canon00181 View Post
    or herd an eta from any evony rep on a time to when they are going to fix the stuck troops.
    nope and nobody in my alliance on ss75 has either, not even an automated reply.
    BBee - S144 - TG, SS75 - Asura,0,1

I play on ss73 and we have the same problem. The NPC problem seems to have been resolved, but we have stuck troops FOR DAYS. My alliance has played for about 4 years on this same server (through two merges) and we are so over coining to holiday accounts when Evony servers are continually messed up. Instead we just disband our war cities so we dont consume much food, and rebuild troops when we see improvements in server functions. Good times, good times.

Typing expletive and profanity interspersed throughout your posts just looks idiotic, fyi.

What would you like customer service to tell you? "Sorry, we can't fix that, the fact everyone on your server runs 100 alts each is the problem and everything we do to fix that problem gets bypassed by the people whining about the lag." When you have a problem they're actually able to fix, they're usually quite fast at fixing it nowadays.

Like TECH said, they have improved on CS greatly since uCool took over. Unfortunately it looks like they're paying for the new support team by selling half their machines off that run the servers.

Everyone knows the issues - it's the fact that there are about 3000 accounts that all run 24/7 on bots on each server. If Evony simply would kill the botting, and restore the game to its 1999 high point, it would be popular and playable. No one should be coining on this game at this point, which likely contributes to the lack of service as people are moved into roles at other games that actually attract NEW customers, not the same 50 people that move to each server and start 6-7 alt alliances with 100 accounts in each. Get rid of bots, 1 log in per IP unless approved by Evony, and boom - fun times.

@ rick brown - you're so right! if we could get rid of all the bots and botters, the game would not have the lag and stuck troops.

you know what, while we are talking about realistic ideas, here's another one... we could get rid of automobiles and combustion engines. that would solve the global warming problem and end a lot of wars for oil and gas, and clean up the atmosphere. no more deaths due to drunk drivers! if everyone would go back to walking and using bikes and horse drawn carriages, the world would be a much better place, right?

if you get rid of the bot and botters you would get rid of 99% of the players. if there are no pesky players playing the game, the servers would run like greased owlchit.
    Last edited by TECH-ss48; 09-17-2014 at 07:19 PM.

Lol dude both me and my wife still waiting on a ticket to be answered from 3 months ago. i had stuck troops yesterday for over 10 hours. and now i had to holiday cause i can't get into the game. keeps saying network connection error. good thing i was able to get in just with enough time to holiday before i got booted. Ucool is letting the older servers die so people will play on the new servers.

Quote Originally Posted by Canon00181 View Post
    Im not chosen that's there problem.

ss57 is having the same issues as apparently all the other servers. Stuck troops, whether attacking a red, NPC, flat or valley..when I move my training hero between cities to cue troops I cross my fingers he doesn't get stuck in limbo...I have come to think Evony's motto is "if its broke....break something else" and Gold Star Evony you do exceed at it. Luckily I was able to get my account on holiday...but putting it on holiday because of server issues isn't what I was saving my coins for.

MystikFyre

Quote Originally Posted by joeydabull View Post
    Ucool is letting the older servers die so people will play on the new servers.
    Wrong. The new servers have the problems too now. Only the very newest (currently 187, after tonight 188) is lag-free and problem-free. They run the newest on the good machine until the next one opens, then the previous gets dumped on the same machines the laggy chit is running on.