Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Troops Stuck SS75

99% of the players have gone. It is the same small group migrating from server to server. Why they stick around is beyond me, but these last few build accounts and sell them to others somehow. That is all Evony is now. The servers are unplayable, there are only a few hundred players still using the game - even though there might be 3000 accounts active on a server after 30 days, nearly all are alts. There is no game here any more.

If they simply merged servers regularly like they did in the first 2 years, many issues would fade away.

If you love the game as it stands so much, more power to you.

It is a shadow of what it was like 5 years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by TECH-ss48 View Post
    @ rick brown - you're so right! if we could get rid of all the bots and botters, the game would not have the lag and stuck troops.

you know what, while we are talking about realistic ideas, here's another one... we could get rid of automobiles and combustion engines. that would solve the global warming problem and end a lot of wars for oil and gas, and clean up the atmosphere. no more deaths due to drunk drivers! if everyone would go back to walking and using bikes and horse drawn carriages, the world would be a much better place, right?

if you get rid of the bot and botters you would get rid of 99% of the players. if there are no pesky players playing the game, the servers would run like greased owlchit.

ss50 has been stuck for over 8 months making all aspects of the game impossible to play.. within the first 4 months it killed the whole server.. even the long term players gave up. I do think its is possible to fix it because right before a promo it will work fine for a day or sothey know noone wants to spend on a game that doesn't work.

I've been getting reports on and off about stuck troops for the last few days. Since last Thursday I've had the team working on optimizations, and they continue to do so.

This is very much something we're investigating and actively working on.

Flaming CHICKEN!
    Courtesy: Sturm

Not to be rude but.. we have complained in every possible forum and in game with request for almost 8 months.. didn't do our server any good.. matter of fact.. it got even worse

Quote Originally Posted by tuffunnuf View Post
    Not to be rude but.. we have complained in every possible forum and in game with request for almost 8 months.. didn't do our server any good.. matter of fact.. it got even worse
    Older servers with most accounts ran by "helpers". Problems will occur from time to time. Shut off the helpers for a while, I bet the problems will go away.

Quote Originally Posted by davemata View Post
    I've been getting reports on and off about stuck troops for the last few days. Since last Thursday I've had the team working on optimizations, and they continue to do so.

Thank you good to have an acknowledgement of the issue and know that its been looked it.
    BBee - S144 - TG, SS75 - Asura,0,1

Quote Originally Posted by davemata View Post

On and off? I know its been "on" from ss73, as myself and my alliance have reported it nearly daily. Thanks for the reply Dave, at least. If you have the team working on it, then you know there is an issue. The biggest concern atm is farming waves out to NPCs arent returning, so they arent bringing resources back to our cities. Any chance of upkeep reduction until this issue is resolved? My alliance already disbands troops on a regular basis so as not to refuge. We cant do much more than that. Any compensation in the way of upkeep reduction would be much appreciated.

Also, I noticed this started on ss73 on the same day you posted on here in a thread that you guys had fixed the Overflowing Cup buff to be extended to Oct. 8 like it was supposed to be. Perhaps a correlation there? I notice a lot of times when a game-wide buff is added or removed, or "fixed", the servers tend to have other issues arise simultaneously. Just a thought, as Im not a programmer. But I do observe things

honestly seeing as its been slowly working its way around - i doubt it had anything to do with the overflowing cup "fix".

it just hit us over on ss62 about 48 hours ago... the server went down for about 5 hours unexpectedly on tuesday and within an hour of the server coming back up its blue and red lines everywhere.

we went from a playable server (although laggy at times, but tolerable for the most part) to an unplayable quagmire.

please can we work on some kind of reduction in food uptake until this gets resolved.

unless of course this is the final answer to drive the player base away permanently from the effected servers.

With all due respect Dave Mata you guys open a new server and cant run the ones you have? Did your team of gerbils that run on the wheel die? Did the groundhog go back in the hole? And why cant we post comments on the thread that a new Age 1 server opened? I mean, REALLY?

EVONY
    DaveMata
    uCool

lol you know how many threads me and my m8s started about that issue and evony closes them. they open a new server nearly every month. idk if all the new servers really fill in a month. Ucool should just stop making new servers and fix the old ones. Dave are you gonna read this and listen to your paying players. i will say this again STOP MAKING NEW SERVERS FIX THE OLD ONES!! FIX THE OLD ONES!! FIX THE OLD ONES!!

Quote Originally Posted by BabsBunny View Post
    With all due respect Dave Mata you guys open a new server and cant run the ones you have? Did your team of gerbils that run on the wheel die? Did the groundhog go back in the hole? And why cant we post comments on the thread that a new Age 1 server opened? I mean, REALLY?

EVONY
    DaveMata
    uCool
    Im not chosen that's there problem.