Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: built up experience points on a hero dissapearing during maintainance

Quote Originally Posted by david_k700 View Post
    You must be trolling rn.
    Trolling a troll? Oh yeah. Kool-aid like.
    83 - rtafishalinsanity - IMMT - retired
    133 - RTA - IMMT - retired
    ss63 - Slapstick - Tyrant - retired
    159 - solonely - None - just frolicking around
    160 - Laaaaaaagggggg
    168 - hahahahaha

I log in after over a month... to see this? After four days of inactivity, this forum is headed by a complaint from a guy who can't wait for an overloaded, underpaid, overspammed, completely frustrated programmer who's backed up to hell and back to fix problem #422374 in the line right HERE, right NOW?

Man, some things never really change, do they?
    Formerly known as Jurnis

Quote Originally Posted by Cosmic Fury View Post
    I log in after over a month... to see this? After four days of inactivity, this forum is headed by a complaint from a guy who can't wait for an overloaded, underpaid, overspammed, completely frustrated programmer who's backed up to hell and back to fix problem #422374 in the line right HERE, right NOW?

Man, some things never really change, do they?
    Don't forget the part where he expected a problem to be fixed before it was even known to the "fixer".
    SS37

Less QQ more PewPew

Quote Originally Posted by Prodigy the 5 View Post
    cush has a point... and he is right
    Ya.

Yeah, those ones are especially amusing to read. At this point I almost feel sorry for the developers and the customer service department...

Then I realize that it's an occupational hazard, and I also remember the oft-used quote, "haters gonna hate."
    Formerly known as Jurnis

Now be fair, Evony isn't wonderful for getting onto issues. Their first stage is normally denial of the problem (seen that), followed by blaming the players (seen that) and then, especially (and often only) if people start working with PayPal, fixing the issue, quietly and without acknowledging it in any way. While I'm sure the Evony staff faces all kinds of player-sponsored nonsense, and believe me, I can imagine , the above noted system is moderately effective in that it eventually drives players away, which leads to fewer complaints.

Quote Originally Posted by TheAvalona View Post
    Now be fair, Evony isn't wonderful for getting onto issues. Their first stage is normally denial of the problem (seen that), followed by blaming the players (seen that) and then, especially (and often only) if people start working with PayPal, fixing the issue, quietly and without acknowledging it in any way. While I'm sure the Evony staff faces all kinds of player-sponsored nonsense, and believe me, I can imagine , the above noted system is moderately effective in that it eventually drives players away, which leads to fewer complaints.
    The game hasnt changed a.bit in a few years. You know when you invest money you know you run the risk of something happening and you having to deal with the bad cs. We all know its near nonexistent and we also know that dave is the only one who fixes anything. I know if anything happens to my account i may as well quit because i wont beg for.three months for it to be restored. I cant say i feel sorry for him tho i seen what people invest and.if its even ten percent of what they spend he makes abit of cash for what he does

Quote Originally Posted by iamme View Post
    The game hasnt changed a.bit in a few years. You know when you invest money you know you run the risk of something happening and you having to deal with the bad cs. We all know its near nonexistent and we also know that dave is the only one who fixes anything. I know if anything happens to my account i may as well quit because i wont beg for.three months for it to be restored. I cant say i feel sorry for him tho i seen what people invest and.if its even ten percent of what they spend he makes abit of cash for what he does
    Yep. Evony has sucked for years. If you spend money thinking that they'll stop sucking, it's your own fault. Don't let a known crackhead borrow 20 bucks and expect it back on Friday.
    SS37

Less QQ more PewPew

Quote Originally Posted by Prodigy the 5 View Post
    cush has a point... and he is right
    Ya.

Quote Originally Posted by cushseth View Post
    Yep. Evony has sucked for years. If you spend money thinking that they'll stop sucking, it's your own fault. Don't let a known crackhead borrow 20 bucks and expect it back on Friday.
    But I got these cheeseburgers man...cmon.
    83 - rtafishalinsanity - IMMT - retired
    133 - RTA - IMMT - retired
    ss63 - Slapstick - Tyrant - retired
    159 - solonely - None - just frolicking around
    160 - Laaaaaaagggggg
    168 - hahahahaha

the funny thing is after making that statement i couldn't log my account the next morning lol

The best solution for that is don't have an account. No login issues, no stuck troops, no spinning clock that makes doing the simplest thing a tragic ongoing waste of time, no daily amulet pumping out 20k stone(or my personal favourite, a Junior Battalion) to an account on a 3rd generation server, no random, unexplained downtime. Not a complete list but it's all gold