Thread: How to take a level 12 Historical City with no mechanics

Hybrid View

Default How to take a level 12 Historical City with no mechanics

Hi all. I've been playing Evony for a bit long time now and i wanna share on some tips with players that need them. I will show you how to capture 12's with PIKE/CAV/RAM combo.(That is the combo i used, not sure about losses on other combos, so use it on this one please).

For this to happen you need:

- Level 9 Star Set
    - 1 city with level 10 Rally Spot and level 10 Feasting Hall
    - 4 cities for loyalty waves
    - 7 level 100 heroes
    - 6 War Ensigns

That's pretty much it. Now, remember for this you need to know how to camp waves.

First wave: 125K pikemen
    Second wave: 25K pikemen/75K warriors (to clear out rest of the cavalry)
    Third wave: 1K workers/1K pikemen/1K swordsmen/1K warriors/1K scouts/120K archers
    Fourth wave: 1K workers/1K pikemen/1K swordsmen/1K warriors/1K scouts/120K archers
    Fifth wave: 1K workers/1K pikemen/1K swordsmen/1K warriors/1K scouts/120K archers
    Sixth wave: 1K workers/1K pikemen/1K swordsmen/1K warriors/1K scouts/120K archers
    Seventh wave: 1K workers/1K pikemen/1K swordsmen/1K warriors/1K scouts/120K archers

This is enough to clear out the 12. For better, camp your waves to hit 3 seconds apart.

For example, first wave at 11:00:00, second at 11:00:03, third wave at 11:00:06 and you get it from here.

And finally, camp your loyalty waves too from your loyalty cities. you need 40 loyalty waves to land within a few seconds to take out loyalty for you to take it. For example, if your last breaker wave lands at 11:00:18, start camping your loyalty waves from 11:00:21. Try to camp them to land until 11:00:35.

IMPORTANT: Make sure to send level 100 heroes on the 12 ONLY!

It can be done without camping too, but it's better to camp them.

Preferred is to break it with ballista smack(125K ballistas), but trying to show you a way on how it can be done with pikes and archers only.

Hope you liked it. I'm not the best player on the game, just trying to share some stuff with the newer players on how to help them take 12's at least.

If you got better tips for less losses, feel free to share them bellow. Thank you!
    Aye aye capt'n

with that level star set you could, swd/cav/ram combo

~spam out the walls a little with camped waves from other cities 20-30 waves of 3k warriors is more than enough xx:00:00
    ~1 x 115k archers 2k war/pike/swd - kills a portion of the cavs - wave dies xx:00:02
    ~1 x 115k archers - kills the rest of the cavs and gains trade fire with def archers killing them all - wave dies xx:00:04
    ~1 x 115k ballista 2k work/war/pike/swd/ram - kills the def swords and warriors - wave survives with losses to layers and about 7-9k ballista xx:00:06
    ~1 x 94k archers 2k war/pike/swd - insurance wave - lessens losses on the first loy waves - wave survives xx:00:08
    ~Loy waves = 50k war/arch - can just send from your 1 mile city about 15 seconds apart, or also have them camped from other cities xx:00:09 onwards

that's how i broke my first 12s, i figured losing about 8k balls and 250k archers was a good loss. of course now i would just send a bally wave for a 15k ball loss, or even send 124k pult 1k ball to one hit a 14.

it's nice to share, some people may ridicule you for doing so seeing as there are like tons of guides in the guide section of this forum that cover HC attacking, but seeing as the forum is pretty dead these days a little bit of activity cant be bad if you ask me.
    Last edited by Gamble; 12-06-2014 at 01:02 PM.

YNWA

RETIRED
    XxGamblexX aka RedEyeJedi
    S137 ~ SS54 ~ NA13 ~ NA21 ~ CA1

yeah easiest is just the 125k lista, but is always good to know the archer method. I personally prefer the lista method, but if u dont coin its hard to get the star set, and even harder for the listas. and btw, u can do 30k arch/30k warr for loy waves, and u only need to use lv 100+ hero's for the main waves. Loy waves 30+ is fine (since u need to have lv 30 heroes for 9set) and you gotta camp unless u hve FF. Other then that, nicely done

Signature by Don Ezio.
    Now, show no Mercy
    Let the world See
    We're Invincible
    Show them nothing is beyond our Control

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Perv View Post
    yeah easiest is just the 125k lista, but is always good to know the archer method. I personally prefer the lista method, but if u dont coin its hard to get the star set, and even harder for the listas. and btw, u can do 30k arch/30k warr for loy waves, and u only need to use lv 100+ hero's for the main waves. Loy waves 30+ is fine (since u need to have lv 30 heroes for 9set) and you gotta camp unless u hve FF. Other then that, nicely done
    Really i camp 50K warrior waves all the time for loyalty waves and it works nicely. No matter what heroes i sent, i was only getting around 3K warrior loss on the loyalty waves. Not sure how much you get from 30K warrior/archer waves but i'm guessing you lose some archers there too huh? Better to lose the warriors which can be made around 1M in a day than to lose some archers that take around 1K an hour per city.
    Aye aye capt'n

With 14 set, you can break p/c/r 12s in 2 ish bows if you send from another 12 and with some decent hh. Bally losses should go down to 4-5k too, if you choose to go that route. : )

Quote Originally Posted by Coolpants View Post
    With 14 set, you can break p/c/r 12s in 2 ish bows if you send from another 12 and with some decent hh. Bally losses should go down to 4-5k too, if you choose to go that route. : )
    With a 14set u should definitely have at least one lista wave, and u dont need a full wave either. On my 15 set i break p/c/r 12's with 100k listas and lose at most 7k, and that was with a 750-779 attk HH

Signature by Don Ezio.
    Now, show no Mercy
    Let the world See
    We're Invincible
    Show them nothing is beyond our Control

Quote Originally Posted by Coolpants View Post
    Yes but i wanted to share a guide to help how to take 12's for the newest players that can't coin to 12 star set. Also, if they know how to get to 12 star set, i believe they can get a ballista wave for that
    Aye aye capt'n

as long as you don't mess up your camp times. of course loy waves can be done with warriors only, the added archers are really just a bit of insurance just in case.

For people breaking there first 12's you can pretty much guarantee they have little to no camp time experience, i have watched people hitting there first 12's that refused any help spend 2m archers and still never get the HC. sad really!

when I first started age2 people with 9 sets were generally losing 600k-1m archers on a 12, which is why when i had my 9 set I sought an option that gave me less losses as at that point in the game losing 1m arch was not appealing at all. plus i only needed a minimum of 3 lv100 heros and my lv100 queen for the bally wave. i seem to remember capping my first 12 in about 8 seconds.

I think we can all agree that 14/15 sets and HH's are the best ways to hit HC's, but I agree with the OP, it would be nice to here some "different" strategies with lower star sets.

YNWA

RETIRED
    XxGamblexX aka RedEyeJedi
    S137 ~ SS54 ~ NA13 ~ NA21 ~ CA1

Quote Originally Posted by Gamble View Post
    as long as you don't mess up your camp times. of course loy waves can be done with warriors only, the added archers are really just a bit of insurance just in case.

For people breaking there first 12's you can pretty much guarantee they have little to no camp time experience, i have watched people hitting there first 12's that refused any help spend 2m archers and still never get the HC. sad really!

when I first started age2 people with 9 sets were generally losing 600k-1m archers on a 12, which is why when i had my 9 set I sought an option that gave me less losses as at that point in the game losing 1m arch was not appealing at all. plus i only needed a minimum of 3 lv100 heros and my lv100 queen for the bally wave. i seem to remember capping my first 12 in about 8 seconds.

I think we can all agree that 14/15 sets and HH's are the best ways to hit HC's, but I agree with the OP, it would be nice to here some "different" strategies with lower star sets.
    Yah 14/15 star sets have no problem to even break 14's with ballista smacks from 14's/16's. And yes, when i camped waves on the 12 i took it in less than 20 seconds. Altho i took my first 12 with ballista smack. First second was the smack, 3 seconds later was the rainbow to clear out all the left troops and from scale of 5-20 seconds were the loyalty waves. No need to get loyalty waves at same second really. 15-30 seconds is enough.
    Aye aye capt'n

I can get the loyalty down to 12.. then what? every hit after that RAISES loyalty!