Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: An Open Letter to Dave Mata, and anyone else that actually works at Evony.

yes, Tynon has been dead for few months, why release a product if you don't of intend on developing it. At least tell people you have stopped development, save people money on something that's not going to be develop furhter. Great Xmas gifts, seems familiar, oh right same gifts that for sale all year.

Quote Originally Posted by davemata View Post
    It's funny, the evidence of that is always as good as the evidence of bigfoot and nessie.

Regarding the submitting of tickets:
    We are a business, and there are many, many moving parts. Without a method of tracking issues, or assigning issues to particular people for resultion, it won't happen effectively. We have the ticketing system in order to facilitate that. Essentially, if there is an issue, we'll get a ticket. If there is no issue, there will be no ticket submitted.

I used to work in IT a long time before I got it into my mind to work in games. In the departments I worked in, that was the sop, if there is an issue, there will be a ticket. If no issue, no ticket. We work with a system akin to that, but different. We will do extra-ticket work, particularly since we're supporting major software. Long story short though, if there is a problem, there will be a ticket, and once there is a ticket, if there is an issue with getting it responded to, then you can pm me with a ticket number and if needed I can investigate.

I can't do that without a ticket.
    Dave I also work in IT, I understand the importance of a Help Desk and ticket system. Im talking about response time not solution time. In my field of work its sales people that submit tickets. Sales people may be bigger babies then gamers. If you dont make them believe the problem, is being worked on they lose their minds. I have personally submitted tickets that take literally WEEKS before I get a reply. Not to mention an update. Even if the update is "sorry for the delay, were still working on the issue" at least I wont feel like I was forgotten. There are many aspects to a business, Evony may very good at some of them, BUT is very poor in customer relations. Dave YOU personally do a pretty nice job here on the forum, but there needs to be more then just 1 guy that responds on a forum.
    Currently Active Users
    There are currently 568 users online. 30 members and 538 bots

Most bots ever online was 24,849, 05-02-2010 at 10:17 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Maniac88 View Post
    yes, Tynon has been dead for few months, why release a product if you don't of intend on developing it. At least tell people you have stopped development, save people money on something that's not going to be develop furhter. Great Xmas gifts, seems familiar, oh right same gifts that for sale all year.
    Yeah, no, Tynon is not dead. We have staff dedicated to it, CoE, HC, and Evony.

Flaming CHICKEN!
    Courtesy: Sturm

Dave - Is there an update on the stuck troop issue on ss79 and many other servers? People are unable to play for weeks and I know it is resulting in a lot less coins being purchased during this promo period. Is the issue being worked on? Is there an ETA for resolution? SOMETHING acknowledging and addressing this issue would be nice.

Stuck troop issue?

This sounds like one of those things that would be great if tickets were put in about. Then, if those tickets were ignored, a quick pm to me with a heads up.

Flaming CHICKEN!
    Courtesy: Sturm

what about my stones of finding im stil missing my nations that I didn't get back. as per my ticket I sent 2 times got same response

Stuck troop issue?

This sounds like one of those things that would be great if tickets were put in about. Then, if those tickets were ignored, a quick pm to me with a heads up.
    I was just glancing through and this has been talked about in numerous forums over the past few months. Even a person who visits once every few weeks has seen everyone complaining about stuck troops. It's due to the lag when there's massive lag the troops get stuck they generally come back around maintenance tho. Not a problem on my server but to see you say you didn't know made me wonder have we been looking at the same forums.

Dave, you cannot be serious.. I have put in tickets, alliance mates have put in tickets. No one ever gets a reply and nothing is ever done. This has literally been going on for over 2 months. Do we have to keep putting in tickets or now that you are aware of this, does that suffice?

To be clear, 1 out of every 3 troop waves (of any kind) that is sent gets stuck. Anywhere from 1 minute to over an hour. Hardly anyone can play the game at all.

Dave - Just one more item on the lag issue. Here is an example of a ticket that was placed several days ago (ticket#837651). There was a response.. and it is pasted below. The rep says to stop issuing tickets as they are aware of the issue and additional tickets will just slow them down. (I won't even mention that he adds some non-related response about the marketplace, which had nothing to do with the reason for the ticket - which was the troop stuck/lag issues) ss79 has had lag and latency issues for over a year now - is it possible to slow them down more from fixing it?

Evony ticket reply:

Greetings,
    We are aware of the issues with latency on a few of our servers. We are working to address the problem as quickly as possible. Please watch the forums for any updates on this server. Thank you for the report, but placing additional tickets into the system will only work to delay getting this server back in top shape as quickly as possible.
    Once this is sorted out all orders from the marketplace will resolve correctly. If you are not seeing something, rest assured you will get the items, please do not submit tickets on that issue.
    Thanks for bearing with us.
    Regards,
    Evony Support

Stuck troop issue?

The fact that its necessary for you to say this is an acknowledgment that it happens. That is simply UNACCEPTABLE, you say there is no reason for an open letter thread like this, but clearly there is. How can you tell us to submit tickets when YOU acknowledge they can be ignored? is there disciplinary action taken against tech support agents that IGNORE tickets, or does Evony simply not care? You call Evony a business, but crap like this reflects badly on your business. Telling us to submit tickets, that might be ignored is NOT a solution to your problem.
    Currently Active Users
    There are currently 568 users online. 30 members and 538 bots

Most bots ever online was 24,849, 05-02-2010 at 10:17 AM.