Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 32

Thread: Merge some servers

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    staten island newyork
    Posts
    83

    Default Merge some servers

    How many years do we have to wait for a merge I'm tired of seing the same players and farming barbs
    giants 8) my name yayo it rings bells around sever1

    but now i came out of retirement they call me bearmajik

    GIANTS 4 EVER

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Philadelphia
    Posts
    433

    Default

    What does it take to get a merge? People to stop making new alts. People to stop passing on their accounts to people when they quit. People to stop selling their accounts. You cant pile a full server on top of another full server, even if its not alot of actual main accounts on each server.

    People won't give up alts because they are too afraid that it will allow their reds to out power them. Really, this has been a problem for years. No solution or end in site.
    Vicious!
    S3/SS37

    Quote Originally Posted by cushseth View Post
    How dare you say something that makes sense on these forums. Bad girl, Bad!!!

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    Miami
    Posts
    5

    Default

    I doubt its gonna happen anytime soon evony can barley handle the merges they have right now and they are slowing down the opening of new NA servers there used to be one once monthly now its one every bi-month i dont think its gonna happen

  4. #4

    Default

    while i agree that servers need to be merged, missirish hit the nail on the head. Evony has posted many times in many threads over the years that merges are based on server activity. With the 1000's of accounts that log every day on almost every server (even though only maybe 100 players are left on the server) the servers appear to have plenty of activity and therefore do not meet the criteria of requiring a merge.

    if you want to get your server merged, get your server to stop logging accounts every day, spinning ammy's and filling states. turn your automated 24 hour farm machine off, and make your server look dead.

    only then will your server appear inactive enough to justify a merge.


    Happy Hunting!
    Phidaux

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    NewZealand
    Posts
    137

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Phidaux View Post
    while i agree that servers need to be merged, missirish hit the nail on the head. Evony has posted many times in many threads over the years that merges are based on server activity. With the 1000's of accounts that log every day on almost every server (even though only maybe 100 players are left on the server) the servers appear to have plenty of activity and therefore do not meet the criteria of requiring a merge.

    if you want to get your server merged, get your server to stop logging accounts every day, spinning ammy's and filling states. turn your automated 24 hour farm machine off, and make your server look dead.

    only then will your server appear inactive enough to justify a merge.
    Phidaux puts up a great point if we are talking about Age II here, we have only just had our first rounds of merges barely a year ago. Those servers werent merged for years i dont suspect that that evony has ANY plans to merge the newer servers anytime soon, i could be very, very wrong ofc and they might merge everything tomorrow. But i do believe that posting about wanting a merge in the forums speeds up the process at all.
    ThisBaka - NA28/CA2 - 187U

    ThisBaka - NA45/CA4 - 3200 (retired)

    ThisBaka - NA55 - 45 (Host)

  6. #6

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mbadgjl View Post
    If Evony wants to rid the servers of alts then maybe they shouldnt make it so hard to feed and build the troops. Seriously, stop and think about it. Evony created a game that could not possibly be played without alt accounts. How many people can build and feed mechs and the scouts to cover them without any alts? None. If Evony would reduce the upkeep and make it manageable that would solve the alt problem. Otherwise people are FORCED to have them in order to play. Think about it.....who wants to run multiple accounts? I dont. I want one account that I have to worry about.
    however on the opposite end do you think evony intended people to have 500k pults or 2mill pults an 100mill arch 500mill scouts??? they had upkeep high as it was unintended for the massive armys that are had today by people breaking the TOS and 1)shareing passwords 2)botting

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Building a religion... a limited edition...
    Posts
    18,095

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mbadgjl View Post
    If Evony wants to rid the servers of alts then maybe they shouldnt make it so hard to feed and build the troops. Seriously, stop and think about it. Evony created a game that could not possibly be played without alt accounts. How many people can build and feed mechs and the scouts to cover them without any alts? None. If Evony would reduce the upkeep and make it manageable that would solve the alt problem. Otherwise people are FORCED to have them in order to play. Think about it.....who wants to run multiple accounts? I dont. I want one account that I have to worry about.
    Right, because people TOTALLY wouldn't just build twice as many troops if Evony decided to cut upkeep in half. Nope. They'd suddenly come to the realisation that having 1000 alts is completely ridiculous as is having millions of mechs. Yep.

    All around me are familiar faces
    worn out places, worn out faces
    Bright and early for the daily races
    Going nowhere, going nowhere
    Current Sig Song


    Quote Originally Posted by Revoltion
    Acer is the Varys of Evony.

  8. #8

    Default

    With all due respect to a few posters in this thread whom ive seen to be logical people, Im calling B.S. on the argument that alts and botters prevent merges. Here are some stats for you........

    Usually Evony merges 3 servers at a time. Although they don't always merge consecutive servers I chose to use 175,176,177 just as a sample.
    Those 3 serves COMBINED have a total of 8,364 players with a total of 47,376 towns.

    Compared To

    Server 190 which has 14,311 Players and a Total of 60,778 Towns
    Server 191 which has 12,181 Players and a Total of 36,399 Towns

    Point is Server 190 has almost twice the players and twice the towns as 175,176,177 COMBINED. So don't tell me the full servers are the reason they aren't being merged. Even with the alts they aren't full, and would still wouldn't be as full as a new server AFTER a merge.
    Currently Active Users
    There are currently 568 users online. 30 members and 538 bots

    Most bots ever online was 24,849, 05-02-2010 at 10:17 AM.

  9. #9

    Default

    I't not about the amount of accounts, it's about the amount of activity of the accounts.

    if the 8364 accounts on those 3 servers are all on a 24/7 farm run then it shows as active. However if those 8364 accounts only have say 1-200 accounts log a day for a few hours at a time (like it was back in the start of the game), then it does not appear as active.

    if there is even 500 players on any server i would be suprised, yet there are 1000's of accounts logged in every day all day and night on every server.

    If you want a merge it is simple as stated before

    -Stop logging 24/7
    -if you do log don't log more then 1 account

    Evony already made a game that required far less farming, it's ageII. AgeII has the same issue's as age I, massive overbuilt accounts, and massive amounts of alt's. So changing the required amount of farming to feed an account did nothing to prevent what is happening.

    Acer is right, if they changed the farming requirements it only means players will build even bigger.
    Last edited by Phidaux; 03-31-2015 at 12:26 PM.


    Happy Hunting!
    Phidaux

  10. #10

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Phidaux View Post
    I't not about the amount of accounts, it's about the amount of activity of the accounts.
    That's junk....The 14,000 accounts on 190 are just as active and have as many alts as any other server, hence the comparison. In fact they are probably worse since that server was hyped to holy hell. Im certain the 14,000 players with over 60,000 towns at this point on a new server has FAR MORE activity then the 8,000 players with 40,000 towns on a 2 year old server. Im using 190 as an example of what a server can hold. If a server can handle 14,000 active accounts with 60,000 towns farming 24/7 PLUS more activity in alliance chats, world chat, and actual PvP, than a server that merges 8,000 half dead accounts with 40,000 towns is absolutely possible,
    Last edited by bum783; 03-31-2015 at 01:04 PM.
    Currently Active Users
    There are currently 568 users online. 30 members and 538 bots

    Most bots ever online was 24,849, 05-02-2010 at 10:17 AM.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •