Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Merge some servers

No one has said that a server can't handle more. and there are server that approach 50,000 accounts.

All i am sayin, and all Evony has ever said on the matter is merges are based on activity. Activity is measured by how many accounts are logged in each day. So regardless of how many accounts are on a server if almost all of them are logging in and farming every day 24/7 then they have no reason to believe that the activity has fallen off and thus requires a merge.

i will put it another way for you, but this will only be my opnion now- Evony won't merge any server as punishment to 99% of the player base running 24/7 accounts and multiple of them as well.

So if you really want a merge, drop down to a single non automated account, convince others to so the same on your server and others and then see if you get a merge. because the last age1 merge that happen was because an entire server did a no hit/no log hold out for a month and then they got a merge which was almost a year ago.

Because even 8000 half dead accounts that log every day makes the server "look" active

Happy Hunting!
    Phidaux

Quote Originally Posted by Phidaux View Post
    I will put it another way for you, but this will only be my opnion now- Evony won't merge any server as punishment to 99% of the player base running 24/7 accounts and multiple of them as well.

So if you really want a merge, drop down to a single non automated account, convince others to so the same on your server and others and then see if you get a merge. because the last age1 merge that happen was because an entire server did a no hit/no log hold out for a month and then they got a merge which was almost a year ago.

Because even 8000 half dead accounts that log every day makes the server "look" active
    Since we KNOW Evony CAN merge if they CHOOSE too, and that its NOT hindered by technology its simply bad business to frustrate your customers into quitting even IF they are breaking the TOS. Since this is Evony your probably right. I think Evonys parent company Ucool has moved on and they just keep Evony going and the bare minimum because I dont think they can legally shut it down since people bought items. Evony has a legal obligation to provide a product that people have already bought. It has turned into a game that only addresses the bare minimums to keep it paying for itself with no interest in profit margins anymore. IMO
    Currently Active Users
    There are currently 568 users online. 30 members and 538 bots

Most bots ever online was 24,849, 05-02-2010 at 10:17 AM.

whats the point of a merger if u cant even attack
    on ss46 the server drops atleast 5 times a day minimal and u are luckcy to go 30 min with out getting stuck lines that most times take 20min to 2hrs to unstick
    they cant even fix that problem and u wont them to merger server where their will be more people

also if u even just merged 2 servers together that will double the amount of people say 5k accounts per server (500 real people rest bots) on a map that is all ready over crowded. so map would have to be made bigger to accommodate the more people(which they wont do).
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Canon
    Chosen_72 - SS46
    We're Chosen, They're Not, That's Their Problem...

Quote Originally Posted by Canon00181 View Post
    whats the point of a merger if u cant even attack
    on ss46 the server drops atleast 5 times a day minimal and u are luckcy to go 30 min with out getting stuck lines that most times take 20min to 2hrs to unstick
    they cant even fix that problem and u wont them to merger server where their will be more people

also if u even just merged 2 servers together that will double the amount of people say 5k accounts per server (500 real people rest bots) on a map that is all ready over crowded. so map would have to be made bigger to accommodate the more people(which they wont do).
    Last merger I was a part of was horrible. Three nearly dead servers 128, 129 and 131 merged into ss61 everyone pretty much went on holiday. I stayed for about 4 months and everyone was still in holiday. It's a double edged sword to merge. They merge dieing servers together but they still die for the most part. They don't merge active servers because more money to come from 3 than 1 server. People also dislike SS. It would be interesting to see a merge of 2-3 highly active servers.
    Pringles - GetBent 129/ss61(retired)
    Pringles - Survivor 200(active)

The server I was on needed a merge and got one. And it brought life back into the game. However there are so many accounts out there on this server that even getting near a historic is crazy. Evony needs to delete a lot of accounts. And everyone is correct. Bot...Bot....Thousands of bots logging in everday is making these servers look likethey are alive and well....

Wow, good thread here. I personally think Bum783 hit the nail on the head: Evony (Ucool) no longer gives a hoot about this game. I've seen this game get worse and worse over the last several years. Now they can't even be bothered to run promos to bring in extra cash. (no 4th of July promo?!) The lag reaches epic proportions on a daily basis, and half the time the only people in WC are just trying to hock accts, heroes, HC's, ect. While as was said, posting in this forum won't make Evony do a dang thing, it does give us remaining few that play this game somewhere to chat. Although......I wonder if I could just get an alt running on a bot to post here for me

Yeah very possible and probably true that Evony has moved on. They are not promo hungry at all. Missing the July 4th one I thought was a Big one. What was the 2nd game they came out with. They could be putting all their time into that one now. And i also think your right as much complaining as we do it doesn't matter at all! An alt running a bot to post here! Great idea lol Ok so now somebody go and make one ;-)
    “When the giant hits the ground, he feels the wrath of Hulkamania and the whole world shakes at my feet?”

has there always been a 4th of july promo?

From what I have read no their has not always been a July 4th promo. I have read that their has been like an "Autumn Summer" promo once in a while. i hope it happens again. I'm just not sure how much Evony "Staff" cares about Evony anymore... Since they have built a new game and are probably focused on that now. I wonder if their is a bot for that game yet? lol
    “When the giant hits the ground, he feels the wrath of Hulkamania and the whole world shakes at my feet?”

prior to 2014 there was a promo for every major holiday, plus a few others here and there. sometimes the promo would be a day, sometimes up to 5 days. in 2014 that was the year Evony started to run fewer promo's however the promo's they did run ran for a longer time frame.

last year they combined the start of summer promo with the 4th of July, which before 2014 was always two seperate promo's.

however this year we got nothing.

Is Evony done with Promo's? only they can answer that.

but if we don't at least get one for Halloween then i would say good chance they are done with them.

Happy Hunting!
    Phidaux