Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: The end of Evony Age II?

It may be the end of Evony Age 2, but not because of bots. Evony is an aging game which has really added nothing new in the past several years.

For example... I suggested many months ago that Evony introduce a new form of War Teleporter which would allow you to port on top of another player's castle... essentially displacing their castle to another tile on the grid. Imagine if you could "Ultimate War Teleport" all of your attack cities to tiles right next to Atlantis which the HC owner had locked up with his alts.

Nada.

A year ago I suggested Age 2 be modified to allow players to colonize other players, even if they are colonized themselves. Once colonized it is effectively "game over" for a player. If you allow them to colonize other players even after being colonized, they can still have fun.

Nada.

5 1/2 years ago when I started playing Evony, the forums were packed with postings. Now, days if not weeks go by without a post.

People have moved on. Evony is a game whose time has come and gone. Sure, there are still people playing, they move from server to server as new servers are opened... but look at all the competition out there for similar games today. Heck, they're even advertising them on TV now with Kate Upton for "Game Of War" (same fundamental principle as Evony).

No silver keys in shop for valentines day....i'm not feeling the love evony

Default bots?

Quote Originally Posted by davemata View Post
    We close their accounts when we find them. I just looked over a few of those today.

We execute when found. Thanks.
    without bots i would not play this game. they take it from being time consuming to allowing you to manage responsibilities and still enjoy the game. can ban me if you like but its the truth. out of my server on cc2 i think i know 3 maybe 4 that dont use a bot. go ahead and ban us all why dont you

Quote Originally Posted by MECHME View Post
    without bots i would not play this game. they take it from being time consuming to allowing you to manage responsibilities and still enjoy the game. can ban me if you like but its the truth. out of my server on cc2 i think i know 3 maybe 4 that dont use a bot. go ahead and ban us all why dont you
    i did furstin title on na56 before most of the sever off farming manually, i got a job and school for god sake its possible lol (no didn't spend coins on medals), but yes love bots they help put the boring stuff out. its the over use and relying that kills the game and its fun. wiping someone out is consider best case since last 10 people on na57 i hit they A) truce, B) tele, C) ambush from all sides over and over

Evony has tried to come up with solutions to some of the problems listed above
    1) for all the alts protecting HCs so you can not get into fight.. they gave us Fleet Feet (yes coin to get it)
    2) for all of the locked HHs most will never have.. they give out Crystal Attunement and Ardele's. Not the same as HH.. but HHs can not be used for anything but scouting these days or you risk losing it
    3) for Governor.. all they need to do is take off the ability to raise loyalty and it will be a fun thing again. Voting alts will disappear. They refuse to do it
    4) during promotional times they are at least providing better things on the wheel and farming hunt goodies much improved
    5) for hero capping.. it is truly eliminating attacks. no amount of coining fixes that either. It is a game ender for many.

Botters have ruined the servers
    Impossible to play evony without the bots
    No one wants to play for hours anymore on such a glitched game

Anniversary promotion last time I will coin. Enough already with the glitched troops, glitched resources, glitched defenses, undraftable troop glitches, suppression changing glitches.

We say Age 2 is dying.. yet every 60 days they open up another server.. that dies out in 60 days.. just in time for players to go onto the next server and let earlier ones die out.

Evony Age 2 has evolved into that.. restart every two months.. challenge yourself to grow quick and grab what you can. Wait for next server.

Cycle of game addiction.

If they dont want to fix glitches or prevent alts the least they could do is triple the troops in atlantis and 16's so it takes a little while longer before we move on again.

Warmachine / Ras al Ghul / WarM / Rick Grimes / Mr Snuffleupagus / Hysteria

Na9 Warfare/Na29 Immortal/Na41 Warfare/Na50 Warfare/Na52 X/Na54 X/na55 141/Na57 300/Na58 365/Na59 300/Na60 Muppets/Na62 61616/

Quote Originally Posted by WarM View Post
    If they dont want to fix glitches or prevent alts the least they could do is triple the troops in atlantis and 16's so it takes a little while longer before we move on again.
    You mean people would actually have to figure out how to break HCs again? and not use premade sheets
    Sickness
    Retired: Na1,Na32,Na41,Na57,Na58,Na59
    Mech first, ask questions later.

Quote Originally Posted by cushseth
    Sickness has a valid point.
    Ya.

Quote Originally Posted by Sickness View Post
    You mean people would actually have to figure out how to break HCs again? and not use premade sheets
    we need something like a new HC thats stronger, harder, and does new things. maybe lvl20? maybe something more common as a new type of HC. wishful thinking but he, would be fun

I guess that would be great idea though not all my like the new HC.

Some of these comments are truly as if they are the first to say any of these things (about bots, alts, and glitches). They also seem as if perhaps theyre gonna make a change (they havent in the last 5 years, you really think its going to now?). I left evony almost 2 years ago (for the last - truly last - time) when I left, everyone botted plain and simple. The guys I played with tho didnt substitute botting for actual skill. If any of you have had a ram wave directed at you from gwar, you know what I mean. I wish evony was still like it was when i played briefly in age1, or even the early times of age2 without a bot or at least few enough that it wasnt about how many hundreds of millions of archer, scouts etc you had ... I urge each of you to think about how you contribute to the problem. I know I did by using a bot on 10 accounts in order to shift resources ONLY for the purposes of cross-state supply (I had this hella complex network worked out, point is i botted). I never used it for defense, but it did make troops and draft for me. I shared account information so that my friends could see what was coming at my city and kill incoming waves. Instead of using the bot as an excuse to play a different kind of evony, I augmented my abilities with the convenience the bot allowed (I didn't move resources any differently, I didnt train troops differently, I didnt farm glitch sht) I just got to do those things a bit (much) faster ... idk what else there is to say. you're not gonna get the change by complaining to evony. They have made it very clear that the job of finding these botters is either too hard (there's actually a good amount of things they have to definitively prove, your word about "lord names" of ppl who are botting isnt enough) or they really just dont give a damn.
    Stal/Nerds
    Age1 - s152 - Rebellion/TAKEDOWN (retired)
    Age2 - CA4 - CandySto/187, 21, ReU/666/666_324 (Found Partner) (dormant)
    CoE - ClosedBeta1 - TAKEDOWN (left/got bored)
    Discipline Honor Determination