Thread: MAC address: evony 1 user 1 a/c server

Default MAC address: evony 1 user 1 a/c server

why can't we have 2 evony servers:

1) where you can have all the a/c's u want to

2) 1 user 1 a/c - Mac address verified login

cause that would require time and "money" to do. break profits

Today a lot of devices will allow the MAC address to be changed or modified. Often this is done for the purpose of cloning -- or allowing say your router to appear to be your computer as far as your ISP is concerned. IP addresses do identify you on the network and are typically assigned at the computer level -- regardless of how many MAC addresses might exist in your computer. The IP address may be static or dynamic as is always the case with dial-up and often the case with broadband internet access. Your provider will have a bank of IP addresses assigned to them and each time your DSL modem establishes a new connection you are provided a "lease" on a single IP address. The address provides a temporary identification of your computer or network, but will always be traced back to your provider.

basicly the mac id would be useless, and being that so many in the world have dynamic IP's if your account was tied to only one, then if your ip provider changed yours you would no longer be able to access the game. and any one that has multiple users on a shared IP, (ie you and another family member both play the game) only one would ever be able to log.

while the general idea is good, it would be a nightmare of a different sort if put into place.

Happy Hunting!
    Phidaux

ahh well its a race to the bottom then for evony
    as the winners are those with most alts

this'll be my last server, so they lost my money
    evony profits will dry up as they have a bad strategy
    and none of the alt peeps spend a single coin

they need a new concept to win back the integrity
    no-one's bothered , must be a skeleton staff
    all rich and in their yachts ....
    don't even bother with an evony st.pats promo speaks volumes.
    Be dead in 1/2 yrs will evony ..

Quote Originally Posted by Nomalware View Post
    why can't we have 2 evony servers:

1) where you can have all the a/c's u want to

2) 1 user 1 a/c - Mac address verified login
    I'd like it. Good ideas never go very far in evony though.
    The_Just & H Miramar ss38.

Quote Originally Posted by MirsDej View Post
    I'd like it. Good ideas never go very far in evony though.
    Of course you like it, but only because you think it benefits you and you have zero technical understanding of what was actually suggested.

That doesn't make something a good idea.
    Vicious!
    S3/SS37

Quote Originally Posted by cushseth View Post
    How dare you say something that makes sense on these forums. Bad girl, Bad!!!

Quote Originally Posted by missirish View Post
    Of course you like it, but only because you think it benefits you and you have zero technical understanding of what was actually suggested.

That doesn't make something a good idea.
    How would you know that? You are resorting to personal attacks without cause or need.

If evony were to enforce their ToS, that would be ideal. THAT would be a good idea. If they would at least do their job for a given server designated as 1 a/c per IP, it would encourage some players to return to the game and enrich that given server. Now THAT would be a good idea.

You have yet to meaningfully contribute. Its important people express themselves and use this forum, because there is still a community around and the forums should never die.

Now you just don't care for change, and would lash out at any who passionately do "only because you think it benefits you" for the system to remain impoverished and filled with a void left by the people. You haven't done anything about it? I've tried several things and in the process of implementing one.

Nomalware's sentiments echo many of ours as a frustrated player, thank you for speaking up bud. Whether a "Mac address verified login" would work or not, it isn't necessary as evony can, with will, make a server with 1 acc per player and lay the iron hand on those who do not comply.

That I'd like, and that is why "Good ideas (or integrity for that matter) never go very far in evony though."

Instead of turning on fellow players, why not critique evony itself? Its not unjustified to do so considering;

"You can't expect much from the company that took zero action against people who posted rl information about me in wc. Caring would mean getting off their lazy bums."
    -> From another thread I read earlier and remembered now. I sympathised with you, though you obviously aren't capable of that with the plight of the players less fortunate then you or me.
    Last edited by MirsDej; 03-17-2015 at 11:33 PM. Reason: Toned down, less aggressive.
    The_Just & H Miramar ss38.