Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Dayenna(411) CD Intel War City Wiped! (ss38)

Quote Originally Posted by ssfgrgawer View Post
    no doubt there are bigger citys out there, we never said this was all the troops Day had, I believe blacky even said "She has another city exactly the same in her Hub" or some such.

Point is 50m arch is a plenty big shield. if you cant defend with 50m archers, you might as well quit, becuase you have got to be utterly terrible to need a "billion" archers.

As you mentioned, some of his waves could have been better. but when you finally catch someone like Dayenna offline, You have to capitalise on it. Sometimes you throw a wonky wave. we have all done it before. Its a race to cap before they can be raised online. I HATE bad waves. But i have in the heat of the moment just thrown "Near enough" to get the job done.
    I'm not sure many people know what waves should be used or why at the best of times. The game today is either, throw a lot of mech and hope for the best or dxcalc waves (mostly with the wrong information input) and wonder why they didn't work the way they were meant to. It should be taken as constructive criticism. i even said congrats on clearing the city, Which is more then most people get from me...
    Last edited by Ruffridah; 08-16-2015 at 08:34 AM.

no doubt there are bigger citys out there, we never said this was all the troops Day had, I believe blacky even said "She has another city exactly the same in her Hub" or some such.

Point is 50m arch is a plenty big shield. if you cant defend with 50m archers, you might as well quit, becuase you have got to be utterly terrible to need a "billion" archers.

As you mentioned, some of his waves could have been better. but when you finally catch someone like Dayenna offline, You have to capitalise on it. Sometimes you throw a wonky wave. we have all done it before. Its a race to cap before they can be raised online. I HATE bad waves. But i have in the heat of the moment just thrown "Near enough" to get the job done.
    You are right about doing the wrong things in the heat of the moment.. to a point. Is not the mark of a good player knowing how, what, where and when to do something without having to over analize? If sitting and thinking about what to do next is hindering your ability to attack quickly and effectively, you need to drill more scenario solutions into your head.

Especially where we are in the game now. You should know before you attack someone what their abilities are. What's in the city, what kind of pol/intel heroes do they have? Who is within a 25 mile radius? Do they have enough ress in this particular city to continually build and rebuild ATs... These are things you ask to narrow down the defenders options before you even start attacking. Once you start you should already have the solutions to the 3 or 4 viable options any good defender has.

Even further removed from that point tho, we all, at this point, are fighting the same people over and over. You should know EXACTLY how anyone worth fighting on your server fights. But this person was offline, so a lot of my wall of text there is completely irrelevant.

VS. any heavily layered CD, intel hero or not, where the player is offline and speed is focus number 1, you should default to one maneuver. 4 cities 1 mile from the target, fleet feet, 40 mechs at a time. You won't get 0 honor hits. You don't want 0 honor hits. The worst thing that happens to me when attacking an offline city is being TOO effective. Giving yourself 13% heals is far more damaging than having a few less than perfect 65%.
    Last edited by cushseth; 08-16-2015 at 06:37 PM.
    SS37

Less QQ more PewPew

Quote Originally Posted by Prodigy the 5 View Post
    cush has a point... and he is right
    Ya.

Quote Originally Posted by cushseth View Post
    VS. any heavily layered CD, intel hero or not, where the player is offline and speed is focus number 1, you should default to one maneuver. 4 cities 1 mile from the target, fleet feet, 40 mechs at a time. You won't get 0 honor hits. You don't want 0 honor hits. The worst thing that happens to me when attacking an offline city is being TOO effective. Giving yourself 13% heals is far more damaging than having a few less than perfect 65%.
    Agreed. However slight nitpicky point, Chances are today you wont often get 4 citys at 1 mile from an offline player. The last comp i had on ss38 my average march time to war citys was 9-10 miles... I hate hitting into hubs.

The olny time ive really ever gotten 0 honour hits lately was phract'ing down CDs because it was faster. Needless to say i have built more phracts since then. Sucked running out of phracts after 800k.
    Last edited by ssfgrgawer; 08-17-2015 at 01:45 AM.

Sig Courtesy Of Sickness!
    Bomben - Great Phract Smack - My History
    Quote Originally Posted by davemata View Post
    ssssssssffffdrdrawers. You can't tell me to stop being who I am.

Chances are today you wont often get 4 citys at 1 mile from an offline player.
    on 190 i had 36 npcs at 1mile and dozens with in 2miles, On the server before i had 40 npc's at one mile

Hubs aren't that bad on my server. My wc is always by itself, nobody touches me.
    SS37

Less QQ more PewPew

Ya.

Quote Originally Posted by Ruffridah View Post
    on 190 i had 36 npcs at 1mile and dozens with in 2miles, On the server before i had 40 npc's at one mile
    Hubs aren't that bad on my server. My wc is always by itself, nobody touches me.
    new servers are a different story yes. Im talking my olny remaining server, ss38, Imagine how hubbed up ss37 is now Cush lol. The remaining reds have been battered and bruised for years and years. Those that still play have a hub of some sort. The majority hide together in a single hub. I myself moved out of mine and SDMF's cluster to the outskirts of a bigger hub a while back. (Think at most its a 3 mile march to my war city, It was 2 miles in my old "Hub")

On new servers, Names mean a lot. small players don't have the sack to go after a well known name. Big players will normally only try it if they have a crew coming.

Older servers, everyone has fought everyone at least twice. I made my name hitting people far bigger then myself. Now days i still hit those bigger then me, but with the rise of the compact archD, The only challenge left is trying to feed enough mechs to break them down.

Sig Courtesy Of Sickness!
    Bomben - Great Phract Smack - My History
    Quote Originally Posted by davemata View Post
    ssssssssffffdrdrawers. You can't tell me to stop being who I am.

This was a sick fight I will agree I was thinking about doing intel hero to. but I do love my attack hero

A hub's usefulness is directly correlated with the aggressiveness of the reds to it.
    No, I am probably not from your server. Yes, I do feel I can comment in your forum. And yes, I do think flaming on the internet is hilarious to watch. Nor do I require an avatar.

Server SS38
    Kiki -The_Just - Retired

Quote Originally Posted by Kiki. View Post
    A hub's usefulness is directly correlated with the aggressiveness of the reds to it.
    Which makes me wonder why my reds don't do is more.
    SS37

Less QQ more PewPew

Ya.

Which makes me wonder why my reds don't do is more.
    Same issues over here too. A warcity on its own should be ported on, particularly if the owner is a threat since keeping someone on the defensive is the best way to stop people hitting you. Sadly, a few reds seem to be using auto-port if you send an attack from within 3 miles of them - could be wrong there, but it's how it appears.
    No, I am probably not from your server. Yes, I do feel I can comment in your forum. And yes, I do think flaming on the internet is hilarious to watch. Nor do I require an avatar.

Server SS38
    Kiki -The_Just - Retired