Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: What kind of planet do we really want?

Default What kind of planet do we really want?

Primates at each other's throat. That's all I can see in the world today. It's not going to get better. The world is shrinking constantly, overall population is still growing fast, communication is both much wider and faster causing inescapable civilisation clashes while on a smaller scale it seems any and every differences are cause for violence and murder within countries or communities...

One day we're going to have to decide what world do we want to live in. And do everything in our power to make it so. That will include some very hard decisions. I hope we will have the courage to make those decisions.

You can't change human nature.

The best you can do is to try to harness or check and canalize as best you can it's various drives and impulses to serve the common good.

That has been the goal (perhaps the dream) of our western civilisation. I believe that is the way we will have to build our future together.
    Last edited by Wildor; 07-05-2015 at 07:51 AM.

how high are you excatly to post something like that on a evony game forum. its like playing "wheres the love" during a dodgeball game. it doesn't make sense but you can't help but laugh at it

Building a religion... a limited edition...

Quote Originally Posted by novabomb View Post
    how high are you excatly to post something like that on a evony game forum. its like playing "wheres the love" during a dodgeball game. it doesn't make sense but you can't help but laugh at it
    Maybe he's high.... or maybe you're too stupid to notice that this is off topic and you have no idea who Wildor is.

All around me are familiar faces
    worn out places, worn out faces
    Bright and early for the daily races
    Going nowhere, going nowhere
    Current Sig Song

Quote Originally Posted by Revoltion
    Acer is the Varys of Evony.

How is it like that? At all?
    SS37

Less QQ more PewPew

Quote Originally Posted by Prodigy the 5 View Post
    cush has a point... and he is right
    Ya.

Or like when someone has no clue who they are talking to
    Sickness
    Retired: Na1,Na32,Na41,Na57,Na58,Na59
    Mech first, ask questions later.

Quote Originally Posted by cushseth
    Sickness has a valid point.
    Ya.

or like when people post stuff in a thread that is entirely unrelated to the thread topic.

I agree human nature cant be changed. People will always be people. We have been warring and fighting as long as we have recorded history. I don't think that is going to change any time soon.

The planet i want has beer rivers and high pay for stuff that interests you. Unlike at the moment where you pretty much have to work for whoever will have you in any field, let alone one you want to pursue.

Man beer rivers would be awesome. Provided they stayed cold. Cause warm beer is not ok. *cough* Goldy *cough*

Sig Courtesy Of Sickness!
    Bomben - Great Phract Smack - My History
    Quote Originally Posted by davemata View Post
    ssssssssffffdrdrawers. You can't tell me to stop being who I am.

Personally I would be okay with living on earth around like ~1300 A.D.
    Sickness
    Retired: Na1,Na32,Na41,Na57,Na58,Na59
    Mech first, ask questions later.

Quote Originally Posted by cushseth
    Sickness has a valid point.
    Ya.

"We" can not decide what world we want because 1. People don't know what they want or need, and 2. Even if people did know what they wanted, they are as a whole too stupid to go about getting it. Democracy does not work when the voters are uninformed. We live in the age of information, you can know literally everything about anything, yet people still choose to be uneducated on the problems and proposed solutions of the world. Just look at American politics. People stil think Obama is a Nigerian communist muslim for christ's sake.

A key problem with democracy, and I've said this for years, is the hopeful leader has to cater to a group of people who are too stupid to know what is good for them. They have to do what the public wants or else they don't get their job back. Sounds good, that was the plan with democracy. It's actually working as intended. It's just that people are stupid. The founding fathers did not forsee this problem. They didn't think, whilst our money was on fire and our country was slowing sliding into civil unrest, the voter base would be worried about stupid sh1t like whether or not George Tecai offended someone, or what is sliding into Kim Kardashian's ass today.

People say, even with all of those flaws, democracy is still the best way to do it, I wholy disagree. Monarchies didn't "work" (I'd argue that they did work, the world did almost nothing but improve under monarchal(?) governments. But history is a different discussion entirely) in the past because of the severe gap in power, both financially and militarily, between the working class and the ruling class. If the working class was wronged they could do nothing to fix it.

I think today, in our age of information and technology, that gap in power would be lessoned, almost equalized. Our modern weapons along with sheer population would almost ensure it is impossible for a ruling class to screw us over. (Ignoring Russia)

You say well, why not just revolt now? If that's the solution, then it should work no matter the government type right? Not necessarily. I think the fact that we ARE a democracy in America leaves people with hope where none really should exist. They think "Ya, this current guy is a d-bag, but in 4 years MY guy will get in there and fix everything", but that's purely delusional. The next guy never really "fixes" anything, and the cycle just continues.

Knowing that there won't be a "next guy" removes that hope and forces the people to act.

I'm not sure how other western governments work, but I would imagine the problems in any democratic society are just about the same, because people are pretty much the same.
    Last edited by cushseth; 07-05-2015 at 02:41 PM.
    SS37

Less QQ more PewPew

Ya.

sorry i only check post based on new post and not where a post is. none the less a off topic section in evony is totally random so this thread now makes sense, and idk who i am talking to since i have never met or seen or know anyone thats told me they know him

i want a world where people don't jump on someone for making a mistake because they have nothing better to do

sorry i only check post based on new post and not where a post is. none the less a off topic section in evony is totally random so this thread now makes sense, and idk who i am talking to since i have never met or seen or know anyone thats told me they know him

i want a world where people don't jump on someone for making a mistake because they have nothing better to do
    It's ok to make mistakes. It's not ok to be a condescending ****** bag when you're wrong.
    SS37

Less QQ more PewPew

Ya.